Today we found out, that our silo with more than 1500 gold lodestones
    has been emptied
    This is the second time- a silo with 30 perfect Maelstone has been robbed
    some weeks ago
    this is not a real rant- and if, about ourselfs. Fools we are
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: we have been robbed:-(

It happens.

More often than we'd like, but I am glad for the more often good experiences with public silos. The times where I can leave bars in summit silo while I sleep because I'm just too exhausted to finish and I get them in the morning the minute I get up. The times where I can hear on market, "Hey has <player> been seen? They have stuff at Snowfall and I need the silos."

Perhaps times are changing though and I've been hearing about more of these as time goes on. In the case of Snowfall or Parsinia where it is a high traffic area, unattended resources are often moved or craft stacked (making what you need on top and just retrieving what you have made) -and therefore lose the crafter's mark.

Other times those grinding simply leave resources in a silo for others without telling anyone they are up for grabs. It's found out three days later after everyone has been painfully working without the silo.

Lodestones are a hot ticket item though as I've heard more about those being stolen than any other resource. They are good silver to those that need it, so above all do not leave lodestones anywhere public.

A better rule of thumb is "Do not leave anything you cannot stand to lose or replace" If you are logging for the night, stuff as many of them as you can in your disk/inv and vault if nearby and just hope for the best.

I tend to be paranoid though and lock anything I can't stand to replace. -As in the case of your perfect lodestones. Ouch.

it were no public silos- the silos in our lair..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Do you leave your silos open to the public/guild mates? I usually did the same unless I was actively working on something. Then the silos were locked to me alone to ensure what I wanted to stay there stayed right there.

Some folks think that just because they've been given access, they're free to take whatever they like. This attitude is part of what had me wary of guilds for so long- I hate sharing my hard work for little to no thanks and then having to work it all right back up again to try to get to where I was before someone 'borrowed' from my personal silos.

My advice, since they're your lair silos- friendlock them if you want more than one person to access and you're working on something. You do have the right to guard your resources.

Mensar got robbed a few weeks ago. Trivial resources as I recall, but it's more than obvious there's a lair-raider lurking around when now, what? Three people have fallen victim? In the span of a month? Heck, last one that was robbed was out near the rift on Trandalar. Talk about the miiddle of nowhere.

On that note, it seems terribly odd to raid lair silos but not well used public ones. Very odd indeed.

In the spirit of "think like a rat"- lair silos are less likely to have people around them to see whomever's doing the stealing. Theoretically only two people are likely to be bothering with a lair: the person who owns it and of course the thief.

And since lairs are not easily viewed; the thief could simply go in, grab the resources and recall out with no one the wiser. Someone's bound to notice if someone repeats this pattern around a public silo, however.

I would think it would be difficult to steal from a lair. Anytime I'm using my own, the minute I put something in it (that I can't stand to lose or replace) I lock it. I unlock it when I'm done with it. Takes the span of 5 seconds. You don't even have to stick around for the countdown timer.

Sigh it seems that the Meant bug is still there, that is HORRIBLE! It is now the second time Lov got robbed directly after Meant. That has system. Bah I would like to beat the crap out of the person. Stealing in a GAME is very lame. =(

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Some folks leave their silos open so others can use them; it's easy to forget to lock them if you don't generally think about it.

Ah, so it's a bug opening up the silos? =/ best to hide them in the inv/disk/vault then if that's the case and it can be timed. Not very convenient but beats losing resources to folks who can't be bothered to do their own work.

Did not want to post this but ...

I have noticed the same glich in vault. I lost some Light and dark Rubie Armor crystals .

I had a FULL POUCH of crystals, then it was down to 96 and scattered throw out vault. when i rounded the escape crystals up i was missing 4 crystals. The 2 i noticed where the rubies .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    Sigh it seems that the Meant bug is still there, that is HORRIBLE! It is now the second time Lov got robbed directly after Meant. That has system. Bah I would like to beat the crap out of the person. Stealing in a GAME is very lame. =(
    If silo permissions are changing w/out user directive post-maintenance, then put in a ticket itemizing the stuff missing. It also might not have been taken by a player but "misplaced" due to something quirky occuring during maintenance.

Hopefully either the items will be replaced or a fix implemented to stop undirected permission changes.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    I have noticed the same glich in vault.

Oh good, so it's not just me who's losing things out of my vault! I swear I vaulted my cargo disk one day, and when I went back for it, it was gone. I checked every single container in my vault, and it turns out it had accidentally gotten thrown into a smaller disk... don't we learn in preschool that big containers can't fit into smaller containers? Unless you're able to somehow fold it I suppose, then it may be able to somehow fit, but even then.... oops, I'm rambling.

Anyway, I when I tried to remove it from the smaller disk, it completely disappeared! I had named it Snoopy, so I called for Snoopy to come home, but that didn't work either. Snoopy was lost in the Blighted Twilight Zone. I suppose I needed to make another one anyway.

But I too lose things from my vault from time to time.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I don't understand what MEANT bug is? Or.. what has system?

Just curious if it's a bug I need to watch out for.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

I didn't know about this thread until a friend of mine told me about some lair thief. So I came here in to see what was up.

And yes, I had some stuff taken out of a lair silo. But, in retrospect, I had my silos set for public access. For those of you that don't know how the permissions work, here's a little info:

Two types of permissions in a lair/plot:
    Overall permissions (plot/lair permissions)
    Structure permissions (each one can be selected once they are completed and a type of permission chosen.. the default here is DENY ALL)

Permissions explained:
    Allow all - Free access to anyone... put up a sign that says.. "use this" it's now PUBLIC access.
    Guild only - Only people that are currently in the same guild the owner of the plot/lair is can access.
    Friends only - Selecting this for the plot permissions brings up a window that you can type in the names of the people you want to give access to certain structures in your lair/plot or the whole thing.
    Deny all - Only the owner of the lair/plot can access.

How overall permissions work in conjunction with per-structure permissions:
    The most STRICT permission always is the one that is used in a given structure.

OVERALL permission set for "Allow all", Silo set for "allow all"
    This is a PUBLIC SILO. Although these are very very helpful and people really appreciate them being around.. I would avoid putting anything in them yourself that you wouldn't mind losing.

OVERALL permission set for "Allow all", Silo set for "Friends only"
    Any structure in your lair set for "allow all" with the overall permission set for "allow all" will be public (see example above) EXCEPT this silo because you made it "friends only" and "friends only" is more strict than "allow all" so the silo permission overrides the overall permission in the lair/plot. So only the people you specify in your friends list will be able to access this silo.

OVERALL permission set for "guild only", Silo set for "Allow All"
    This silo is not a public silo. Even though you have it set for "allow all" like the prior example, your OVERALL permission is "guild only" which is more strict so it overrides the structure permissions and makes it so only your guildmates will be able to access this silo or any other structure in your lair/plot that is marked "allow all"

OVERALL permission set for "Allow All", Silo permission set for "guild only"
    Yep, you guessed it.. the structure permission is more strict, hence it overrides the "allow all" overall permission.. only guildmates can access this silo.

OVERALL permission set for "DENY ALL", Silo permission set for "allow all"
    The overall permission is more strict so it takes precedence, only the owner of the plot/lair can access this silo.

Hopefully that helps clear up some of the misconceptions out there. A PUBLIC silo is actually not an accident.. because both the overall permissions and the structure permissions have to be at "allow all". And both default to "deny all" so you spent a total of 30 seconds making that change.

Feel free to hit me up in the game as Mensar/Gweebus if you want more info on structures or anyone else that's versed in plot building/lair shaping.

I'm going to post this in the General chat also so folks that don't normally come to rants (like me) can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    I don't understand what MEANT bug is? Or.. what has system?

Just curious if it's a bug I need to watch out for.
    I mean the maintenance bug, often after it suff gets reset to allow all, and so the robbers stalk the plots and lairs after the meant to rob the silos. So they have a systsem to rob plots.

I didnt want to type the word out because everytime I write it wrong, except if i copy it from the online dictionary. :P

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I mean the maintenance bug, often after it suff gets reset to allow all, and so the robbers stalk the plots and lairs after the meant to rob the silos. So they have a systsem to rob plots.

I didnt want to type the word out because everytime I write it wrong, except if i copy it from the online dictionary. :P
    Oh, ok. I was thinking it was like a joke. I MEANT to change my permissions back from public.. so, that's the meant bug

Got it though, thanks.

Yea Mensar I think that's how its suppose to work and STAY

But as I posted a few weeks back, I had stuff go *poof* out of three of my silos - totally emptied. I KNOW for a fact I'd set and RESET them several times to "deny all", and I had to keep resetting them because every so often I'd notice that the permissions were all over the place.

And when I logged in one night and saw that three of my lair silos were empty, I went and checked my permissions - half were right and like half were not.

I don't know if that's due to the Maintenence thing (i.e. it doesn't set everything to allow all all the time...), or some other bug - I've submitted a ticket of course and *crickets* going on a few weeks now. Oh well.

But permissions do NOT stick.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

This is pretty horrible, but I hope someone has submitted a ticket. =/ If they haven't, there are a lot of people who have read this thread and are probably starting to get ideas too.

Well then. I guess I'll work on my crafting before I start on my lair again.

Today (i.e. 9 July 2011) I was robbed. Some thief took some 200 slate construvtyion blocks, almost 2 days work, kept at Snowfall. Other silos were suspiciously empty by the time I have noticed. I alos heared news that one Library has bee taken everything of.
    I don't want to make several mistakes:
    1) declare revenge from my side to anyone I do not know well and steal anything I do or may need;
    2) appeal to the thief as he/she has no honesty;
    3) use as much resources as possible before leaving silos even for 5 minutes.
    Raise a support ticket? WOuld it make any sense?

sorry, for neco-posting, but really did not want to introduce yet another half-empty topics.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimas View Post
    Today (i.e. 9 July 2011) I was robbed. Some thief took some 200 slate construvtyion blocks, almost 2 days work, kept at Snowfall. Other silos were suspiciously empty by the time I have noticed....
    Raise a support ticket? WOuld it make any sense?
    If the slate construction blocks were being stored in a *public* silo at Snowfall (not owned by you personally on your own plot / not owned by your guild)... no, raising a support ticket won't help.

It's a shame that someone took your hard work, but public silos are free access to all and if you leave things in them, there's a chance that those things will disappear.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Thread Information