Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Death System & Food

Default Re: Death System & Food

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    two systems for the same thing will just lead to problems and complaints down the road and are also harder to balance.
    Please reread the original post for clarity of the main points involved in this discussion. Currently your suggestion is off topic. If you feel that your idea needs further discussion please feel free to begin your own thread with your ideas and suggestions to begin exploring the possibilities.

nice moderation
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by whosha
    As a penalty for dying the death point will artificially increment the character rating by 1 thus off setting the amount of experience the character would normally get from defeating an opponent their own rating...
    As described above even though TigerLilly7005bso has a modified rating and defeats a rating 100 opponent with her friends sadly to her disappointment she will only receive the full experience equal to what she would have gotten had she defeated a level one. That is the same for defeating someone above your inflated rating when you have a death penalty. It's capped at what you would have gotten had you defeated an opponent your own level.

Bob: Level 40, rank 55 character with 10dps, effective rank of 65.
    Bob kills a level 54 mob. Experience is as a rank 65 (because the mob is lower than true rank)killing a level 55.
    Bob kills a level 56 mob. Experience is as a rank 55 (because the mob is higher than true rank, so we use True rank instead of effective rank)killing a level 56.

Sally: Level 90 Dragon with 50dps, effective rank of 140.
    Sally kills a level 89 mob. Experience is as a rank 140 (because the mob is lower than true rank) killing a level 89.
    Sally kills a level 91 mob. Experience is as a rank 90 (because the mob is higher than true rank, so we use True rank instead of effective rank) killing a level 100.

So, with your proposal, the trick is to just kill creatures above your actual rank and you get experience as per your actual rank, thus negating the effective rank with death points.

The proposal will take into account all of the following:
    disparity in level/rating, casual gamer vs. power game,
    confectioners role, economic value and marketability.
    I am intentionally not addressing the part of my proposal that handles exceptional characters. This will be revealed at a later date in a new thread after more constructive criticism is made in this thread.
    To introduce more main points which include but are not limited to how death affects an exceptional character would not be beneficial for this topic
    Without a complete proposal, there is no effective way to discuss your proposal to your liking. As you may have noticed, I was really the only one trying to engage you in discussion. With your blatant disregard for my own posts and that of others, this has become a dead topic for me.

I'll exit here.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Many of the responses to questions on this proposed system are running circles and I am not seeing this discussion go anywhere anytime soon. I will be closing this thread with a "thank you" to everyone who joined in the discussion.

The confectioner and death point system were recently revamped and are working as intended and, although we do appreciate suggestions on everything from old to new content, the development team is currently not looking towards creating a new system with these areas of the game.

Thread Information