Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visibility of flax

Default Visibility of flax

Perhaps it is only my bad eyes but is there any way to make flax more visible? I find myself clicking away at a field at every little glitch where I think there might be flax and sometimes hitting a flax plant. This is very annoying at places where flax is widely scattered.
    Could they please be made more prominent?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Default Re: Visibility of flax

Use resource name mod? I have the opposite problem... I try to click on a sandstone node and after 4 messages of "you cannot gather this" do I realize there's flax in the way and that's what I have targeted

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Use resource name mod?
    I use that mod (and I love it) but it doesn't work on flax.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I have the opposite problem... I try to click on a sandstone node and after 4 messages of "you cannot gather this" do I realize there's flax in the way and that's what I have targeted
    That's true, but while the "clickable area" is quite large the picture itself with the thin lines and small flowers isn't. At a distance it dissolves in the background, perhaps a bit of blue/purple shadow on the ground? (like with the brown shadow of the stone resources?)

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

you must be harvesting with third person view waaay back if you cannot see the nodes you're harvesting from. maybe because as a gnome the flax is the same height as me i don't have this problem - i like to be able to distinguish myself from the background so i rarely view from as far out as possible when crafting. the exceptions are when i'm after tier V or VI resources and need to keep a sharp eye out for nasties. otherwise, insert/home keys to adjust the view do wonders.

Hey, you're right. It dosen't work on flax. Wonder why not. That's very strange. Would that help if the name mod did work?

A subtle shadow like that is a great idea! Now that you mention it, most other resources have a shadow and flax dosen't. Any others resources that you have trouble seeing? Is this just flax or is it all of that family? (*is a dragon and is totally oblivious to those resources*)

Hmm.... where did that wisp essence bug go? *tries sticking it on the flax* There. Now it's tons more visible! ^_^

Lol Shian, discoflax, that would really help (and so would the floating name) . And it's only the flax. Not at places like Kion or NT where it is rather close to eachother but more in area's like around Isaria's loom where it is widespread and awdz, it's not when I'm harvesting it, when I'm harvesting I've found it and yes it is very visible then. It is when I have to find it and look in the distance for the next plant.
    Last edited by Sigi; September 14th, 2008 at 09:14 PM.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

New Brommel is a good place to see what Sigi is looking at in regards to visibility of next node. Start at the machine then walk outwards. I don't know if it's the sun, the grass, the alignment of the Istarian stars whatever, but I do see this!

I'm also quite grateful dragons cannot gather. As Awdz pointed out, you do need to be rather low to the ground to see it. My Saris however can see it just fine and I didn't even know flax had flowers!

With the exception of the above issue, (running OT here, 'scuse me) but I think that more has to do with perspective. It's astonishing how different the world looks from different eyes.

I now see why my biped guildmates like putting in trees-they only see the trunks up close and the full tree from a distance. It really looks nice! My dragon however is eternally irritated by them. If she tries to get close to the plot, the entire camera is filled with leaves and it is quite disorienting, not to mention she now cannot see the rest of the plot... So do dryads have an easier time gathering flax than say, half giants? What race are you, Sigi? (If you said it in an earlier post I wasn't paying attention..)
    Last edited by Shian; September 14th, 2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: I think I can spell.... I probably still can't >.<

I'm a Saris. Perhaps there's a way of adjusting the video options to make it less annoying, I should have a look at that. Kenaf and cotton and silk have more like a "blob" of flowers which makes them more visible. Flax is beautiful but a bit too delicate .
    Never thought about the trees being so "in the dragons face" - now thinking of deconning and replacing them for smaller ones -

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian
    Any others resources that you have trouble seeing? Is this just flax or is it all of that family? (*is a dragon and is totally oblivious to those resources*)
    Barley is also very difficult to see unless you're very close to it.

Sugar cane? At least on the Isle of the Drowned

Obsidian in Dralk?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I have one blind eye and the operation to save my other eye left me with many blind spots. I would love to see some "fluffing of the flax" as this would help me imensly. Even if they simply made it a higher contrast item from its surroundings.

Muslyx

While I think that 'fluffing of the flax' or giving it a shade-spot would be the best solution, I also find it helpful to just mouse over the area - if the options are set right then any resource including flax will light up, revealing where it is to be found (at quite a distance too).
    Maybe this could be an aid until there has been time found at some point to make flax stand out clearer?

Wierdlessly, since I got my new pc, I have a mouseover light up. >_> when I go over a player,npc,building, ress, what I can interact with, it lights up. But don't ask me how my pc does that. :P

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Wierdlessly, since I got my new pc, I have a mouseover light up. >_> when I go over a player,npc,building, ress, what I can interact with, it lights up. But don't ask me how my pc does that. :P

Same. The desktop does it, but the laptop does not. I do not really like it, but I have no idea how to turn it off.

In the options tab of the options, there's an option called "Mouse Over Object Glow" and when it's checked it's what lights things up.

um mouseover light...

Options>Option tab>Mouse over object glow.

There you go

Soraii

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post

Perhaps it is only my bad eyes but is there any way to make flax more visible? I find myself clicking away at a field at every little glitch where I think there might be flax and sometimes hitting a flax plant. This is very annoying at places where flax is widely scattered.
    Why when you could easily move closer which would immediately solve this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by whosha View Post
    Why when you could easily move closer which would immediately solve this issue.
    Brilliant!
    Except for moving closer to something you have to locate the something first which is rather difficult if you have trouble seeing it.

(I can't believe I'm reacting to this)

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Did you try the mouse over option sigi? I went to NT and tried it with the kenaf, worked good for me. ( but seems not to work on trees)

Oh and thanks for pointing me out how to turn it off!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post

You're stating you already located a possible flax spawn and are now trying to distinguish between items. If you were close enough to the little glitch you would know what it is you were clicking on. Clicking away at every little glitch until you hit a flax plant implies you are at some distance that you cannot distinguish the object you are clicking or can easily click on. Move closer.

Thread Information