Thread: Ragnarok online

Default Ragnarok online

Has anyone out there played ragnarok online was just wondering and how did you like the game :3

Or have you played any over online games and what do you think of those.

I used to play RO it sort boring now but I found Istaria heh still like call it horizon a wonderful game I'm never bored :3

oh and this my firstr post heh xD

Default Re: Ragnarok online

Never played RO but ive played Corum,Rapplez,Space Cowboy Online( i liked it:P), Flyff,WoW, Everquest, Last Chaos, Rising force online,halo3, Call of duty 4, anda few others i cant remember. Been in istaria for about 4 years love it lol and it was me first one
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

aww man i cant edit it:/ anywho another one thats common and i spend 5min a day on.. an yes i think its stupid but some friends i cant keep in touch with:P ..............................................MYSP ACE!!! yes...its an online game...it has apps with games...lol
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Guess you love this game most if you been play for four years it a great game lot to do and you never get bored XD
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

i am not much fan of PvP games, Guild Wars was close enough.

Asheron's Call was my first online game, then Ac2 for short time and HZ came out right on next, i was sad about Ac2's unplugging, and didnt enjoy DDO that replaced Ac2, and moved on to Eq2 and briefly played LotRO, and then decided to return to Horizons.
    i would go back to original AC but it made me too depressed, since many friends and original members are long gone, and dev team got smaller and the game get old too fast, it definely need new game engine upgrades.

HZ is like no other game i can describe, i have no word for it, but playing dragon is very unique. i do believe it does need newer game engine and better renderings so we could see mobs ahead of time.

Guild Wars isnt same as rpg, it was more of fixed story adventures, once you completed all the missions, side quests, and fun fluff stuffs, and skill huntings, and then that was it, more grind to become as elitist, that boring pretty fast.
    no new contents, but you need to buy if you want new adventure packs, but that is very limited.

i really missed playing Ac2, one of "defender" class aka "paladins types" felt very powerful when join the group for regeneration buffs, and eq2's paladins and LotRO's minstrels are too weak compared.
    Ac2's defender can outlast any normal melee classes in combats because of healing skills but not great in damage department, and it is very soloable class, and eq2's pally and Lotro's bards need group to survive stronger mob encounters.
    i really hate to hunt mobs 10 level below and xp progress is lot slower than ac2's defenders when they can match same mob levels and often can handle 10-15 level higher mobs but not with 2-3 mobs at once.

however, i do like Eq2's housing system, best item placement in any online game i ever seen.
    Asheron's Call house system are poorly planned set ups with limited hook points and placement dont look right, LotRO are same way, awful plans.

HZ's housing plot system are different, it all base on resources, it lacks personal touch of items to place or choose, i dont see dining tables, chairs, beds, or trophies to display on the walls, or paintings or statues.
    i want to hang up the swords, shields, armors, and dragon scales on the walls or display cases.

eq2's house system is mind boggling and numbers are staggering, if you owned 5-room manor, and you can have up to 500 items, but here the catch, more items and some special effect particals make your zone area very laggy.
    they still dont have long promised "guild house" for years since launched, so i gave up waiting and current guild members are getting disolved slowly and tired of waiting that long, and only to keep game alive by having lot of expansions.
    i didnt enjoy new expansions as much they do, at higher levels, folks want raids for elite gears and skiping all the cool quests, i like the quests better than raids.
    reason why i am not fond of raids, we die alot for nothing and repair cost hurts, and some graphic cards do get overheated and get fried due to too many players in raids and lot of disconnections, i had replaced 2 cards within 6 months since started on raids, so that was enough is enough.

I got booted for refusing raid helps, and while i was in "exiled", and heard lot of complaints about fried video cards regardless what model makes, and sometime fastest card wont let play Eq2 or older games, often get errors but no errors in other games, that pretty odd to me.
    that previous guild lost so many prime members due to burnt out cards for weeks and some for 2-3 months to get back.

raids are one of reason why i dont like, it take more than 4-5 hours straight with full commitments, no bio break, no time to run for snacks or dinner, often i get dinner cold, and my sister's 2 dogs need to go out, so i cant keep up with them, so are other members need break too, and some hardcore members get angry with afk'ers.
    i cant even finished some of those high end challenging task that required serious group to handle elite mob density.
    solo quest are getting rare.

i read few weeks ago, about FF11's super epic elite mob took several folks for 18 hours non-stop, once they done, half of them passed out and few went to hospital, and some had nervous shaking hands that cant stop once the mega battle ended, few just got fired for call offs at work.

i hope we dont need 18 hours battle a single boss mob this way, that not human, we all need to sleep, eat, bathe, and enjoy time with kids or help with school stuffs, and do the job that pays your bills.

If HZ make that insane amount of health base super mob, i just refuse, 10-15 mins is just enough. because there no way we all could get together massively and lag from hell, i just move on to other stuffs, we dont have that many players doable or finding helps to finish tough quests when folks are quiting slowly.

Thread Information