Thread: Machine bonus for stoneworking not working for adult statue (ROP)

Default Machine bonus for stoneworking not working for adult statue (ROP)

I walk up to a smelting machine.. this is what happens.

I open character menu (C) click the skills tab and look at "current" under the stat the machine should be increasing.. nothing is happening. So I click create item and choose something that would normally use that skill.

When the item creation screen comes up, the current skill is adjusted for the bonus for the machine.. then I look at the character menu under skills tab (which I still have open) and lo and behold.. it's been adjusted now to match the skill it was before and now has the bonus added for the machine.

Now I can switch to whatever I need to as far as other formulas requiring that skill and the bonus sticks to whatever I select or properly updates the character screen to reflect the correct "current" skill including the machine bonus.. however you want to look at it.

When I try the same thing with stoneworking (adult statue) there is no bonus on either the character skill -current tab under stoneworking nor in the item creation window. Granted, I don't have anything else that I know of as a dragon to try to build to see if it goes beyond stoneworking bonuses, but it's definitely broken for the adult statue for both a hatchling trying trying to get through their ROP and even an adult dragon tried it and had the same results.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Machine bonus for stoneworking not working for adult statue (ROP)

I was tired when I wrote this, but since I was able to scribe the formula for the adult dragon statue I believe I did get the bonus at that point, I just can't seem to get it to register for actually MAKING the adult dragon statue.
    Last edited by Mensar; September 27th, 2008 at 12:23 PM.

Just checked this in-game. The stoneworking pedestal applies spellcraft and not stoneworking. Tried it with the statue and spellshards as well. I think I remember this annoying me during Malestryx's RoP as well. Be nice if we could get stoneworking applied to it.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I flagged this back in May on the below thread. Although I didnt realise that they give spellcrafting skill bonuses

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18512
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Mensar, maybe I missed something there (even read it twice) but where you trying to work Stoneworking skill at a Smelting machine?
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Mensar, maybe I missed something there (even read it twice) but where you trying to work Stoneworking skill at a Smelting machine?
    Funny......

Thread Information