Thread: Elite boredom.

Default Elite boredom.

i have nothing to do with Romirez right now. i aint crafting(puts me to sleep), and i don't want to go around all the time aimlessly killing things alone.

why don't we have end game content in this game

Default Re: Elite boredom.

Because I'm playing it. Nothing I play for a significant amount of time has endgame content.

In earnest, though, the concept of endgame content is a joke in of itself. All "content", no matter how much work was poured into it and how much it was hyped, will be old news within one week of implementation. Then everyone who was looking forward to it starts whining about boredom again. It's an insatiable cycle. It happens even in games with huge budgets and populations.

Live storyline events, which are not strictly "endgame" but rather offer activities for the entire playerbase (ideally), are a good alternative.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

To me, "endgame content" for a character would be them dying and likely not coming back. The final death, or something that would keep them from ever appearing on Istaria, at least for a long while.

However, I'm also a roleplayer, so even if I run out of levels and quests and classes on my characters, I'll stick around for the interaction.

Or kill one of them off and completely start over on a new character.

But then, what I prefer and how I think isn't necessarily for other people.

At least it's not like WOW where basically you don't even really get to play the game until you max out your level. But, of course, that's all about PvP basically. But having a high level only dungeon with random rare drops would be a good thing. Bearing in mind the lack of population in order to balance the encounters.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

"Endgame content" doesn't exist, because "endgame" means you stopped playing. The correct term is "elder game". That may sound nit-picky, but it's an important distinction.

Istaria does have elder game content, such as the various boss mobs and property ownership/construction. It's certainly true that Istaria needs more elder game content, which is why we're working on the Blighted Labyrinth. I'd be happy to tell you all about the stuff we have planned for that, but it's team meeting time - Amon just sent out some brand new videos of things being dropped into industrial blenders....
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I'm playing an elder game.. now I feel all sage and knowing... or old and rickety.. I think it's the same feeling.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    i have nothing to do with Romirez right now. i aint crafting(puts me to sleep), and i don't want to go around all the time aimlessly killing things alone.

why don't we have end game content in this game
    Start a biped, help friends, start to collect things, etc. Elder game is there if you stand up and do something instead of saying "There is no End Game".

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by laughingotter;205674 it's certainly true that istaria needs [i
    more[/i] elder game content, which is why we're working on the blighted labyrinth. I'd be happy to tell you all about the stuff we have planned for that, but it's team meeting time - amon just sent out some brand new videos of things being dropped into industrial blenders.... :d

oh you tease!!! Tellustellustellus!!!

...I have no idea how that bold thing happened >.>
    Last edited by Drakarr; October 23rd, 2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: weirdness
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Firstly hey romirez good to see you. Boredom is what you make of the situation. Though i really yearned for new content before i left, i was seldom not busy, always lots of folks looking for comps, they dont have the patience for, thhough changed spawn rates, and better drop rates alomg with nadia's massive devaluation sale prices, hurt that some. Outside of Harro, with blight hounds, naghuks, thornwoods, plus dead zone right there should craete enough fun hunting to keep ya busy till the labrinth arrives.

Take care Romirez, give my best to the Banes.

Personally i find that roleplay and thinknig up a personality/history for your charachter are fairly entertaining elder game content, but that isnt everyone's cup of tea

Maybe you should take up hunting epics?
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Amon just sent out some brand new videos of things being dropped into industrial blenders....
    Endgame (err.. "elder game") content: Will it blend?

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Start a biped, help friends, start to collect things, etc. Elder game is there if you stand up and do something instead of saying "There is no End Game".
    I've been in the same boat with Romirez actually, but this is one solution I have found to help. I pretty much RP mostly with Callak now, but I have three other biped alts that I play now to keep my interest. Each with their own traits and abilities, it does liven up the game a bit. I hear and understand those who play a dragon because they love dragons, but it does't matter how much content is in a game, any charactor is going to run out at some point. You have to start somthing new.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

I never understood the concept of "Endgame content" either.

Looking at WoW and playing it, I see that the "endgame" is really a whole different world where making money so you can buy better things, ramping up with PVP content in order to toss out rare items.

Once you reach max. level there, you hardly ever look back at the old content unless it involves a quest which happens to involve old content. After a while, all that is left are quests you haven't done yet that pays little or no gold, and you ask "Why do them"

With Istaria, things have been fixed, things have been "renovated" but it's in need of that reality show "Complete Makeover"

For things like that, Virtrium has to have capital and employees to work on content; Art, coding, animation, modeling, writing, etc. They do with what they have, which is commendable seeing what content does come from a small company keeping our world alive.

The Labyrinth is a good start. A dungeon! *gasp* with high level content in it. If this works out bug free, I hope to see more "dungeons" in the future.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I'm hoping the game rises far enough from this point that they can hire on more staff in the new year, and make some of the ideas more realistic. =)

They do appear to be doing what they can. I suspect the teams working on fixing things probably aren't the same as the ones working on new content, for the most part. But they're also probably stretched a little thin at the moment, or at least I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    I'm hoping the game rises far enough from this point that they can hire on more staff in the new year, and make some of the ideas more realistic. =)

They do appear to be doing what they can. I suspect the teams working on fixing things probably aren't the same as the ones working on new content, for the most part. But they're also probably stretched a little thin at the moment, or at least I'd guess.
    There's only one "team", and it is the same people working on fixes and new content.

I do appreciate, though, the compliment that it seems that those on the Virtrium team are doing the work of multiple teams of "normal" developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    The Labyrinth is a good start. A dungeon! *gasp* with high level content in it. If this works out bug free, I hope to see more "dungeons" in the future.
    Sorry, but "bug free" is not a term anyone will be using to describe the Labyrinth - ever.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Sorry, but "bug free" is not a term anyone will be using to describe the Labyrinth - ever.
    My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Elders and wise... it hath been said more times than one that each word spoken hath at least two meanings. That intended by the one speaking, and mayhap at least one more for each that hears.

And while mine fool avatar might set one manner of meaning to the Otter's words... I see those words also. And methinks that indeed they will be true and thrice true and ever true... For are not beetles, aye and spiders, and Fyakki, and most like yet other manner of Foe perhaps unseen in the land to this tide such that they might be spoken of as these ' bug' things the Otter speaks? And if the place he speaks of be much of peril, might it be that those very Foe never stand eradicated?

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

no prob if there are bugs in the labyrinth - vel's triple socketed blood mith warhammer makes a great flyswatter!

maybe i will name it 'raid'........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    no prob if there are bugs in the labyrinth - vel's triple socketed blood mith warhammer makes a great flyswatter!

maybe i will name it 'raid'........
    Yes, I was thinking "bugs" more in the line of uber-beetles? WA-controlled bugs? Dare we mention... the Maggots Lord's offspring? *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by ScaleIron View Post
    To me, "endgame content" for a character would be them dying and likely not coming back. The final death, or something that would keep them from ever appearing on Istaria, at least for a long while.

However, I'm also a roleplayer, so even if I run out of levels and quests and classes on my characters, I'll stick around for the interaction.

Or kill one of them off and completely start over on a new character.

But then, what I prefer and how I think isn't necessarily for other people.
    so then istaria does have end-game content.. namely: the devs BAN button.

Thread Information