Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: faster way to lv a dragon ?

Default faster way to lv a dragon ?

Not sure post this right place but what is the fastest way to lv a dragon up :3 at min I'm killing snow and ice beetles at lv 49 XD just wondering be nice get 100 by end of the year
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

Default Re: faster way to lv a dragon ?

Do the various training quest, also be sure to pick up the town marshal and trophy quests for whatever you are hunting. One gives a decent amount of coin only and the other offers coin and some exp, I just cant remember which >.< I wish crafting were as easy as leveling adv. Crafting takes forever *whine*

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Do the various training quest, also be sure to pick up the town marshal and trophy quests for whatever you are hunting. One gives a decent amount of coin only and the other offers coin and some exp, I just cant remember which
    Trophies = exp and coin, town marshal = coin only. Remember it by the fact that uberpeds level their lower schools with trophies.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

ahh cool thanks for advise guys this forum always good for advise :3
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

I read at first glance "Faster way to love a dragon" and my mind went in a different direction...

when you get to level 55 and you think you can solo them with the right gear, try the sand scarabs in Lerena / greyling beach on the east of the island.

Golems are always good, they aren't social so you can single 1 out without drawing an entire regiment of them.

Fire and flame ogres are another favorite as they drop coin also, in decent amounts to make it worth hunting. Just watch out for smac-smac and cinderfist and you will do fine during your 60-80 levels.

after 80 it's a tossup, marble golems, mithril golems, tempest / storm / lightening ogres. Stay away from Spiders and Gruoks, their evasion to melee is just insane and it takes longer to kill them.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    when you get to level 55 and you think you can solo them with the right gear, try the sand scarabs in Lerena / greyling beach on the east of the island.
    Do not be afraid of the level 80 sand scarab harvesters! In my experiance they are no harder then a level 60 mob! O.o

Also the harvesters are aggressive the other sand scarabs do not, even fighting next to another one...

in you mid-upper 70's look towards giant ice beetles, their deaths will reward you in exp, trophys you can use at level 85 and hoard to power you... if you are insane like me you could try them singally in your 60's X_X

Soraii
    Last edited by Soraii; October 27th, 2008 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    Do not be afraid of the level 80 sand scarab harvesters! In my experiance they are no harder then a level 60 mob! O.o

Also the harvesters are aggressive the other sand scarabs do not, even fighting next to another one...

in you mid-upper 70's look towards giant ice beetles, their deaths will reward you in exp, trophys you can use at level 85 and hoard to power you... if you are insane like me you could try them singally in your 60's X_X

Soraii
    I knew it! Innnssaaannneeee!!!!
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    I knew it! Innnssaaannneeee!!!!
    Did I ever dispute that?

*fondly remembers slaying that 99 emerald golem at 56 adventure*

Not "uber" just "persistant"

Soraii

Hehe, giant Ice beetles ARE a good way to gain xp. I think I managed to kill one on my 50's too.
    Me and my friend kept hunting them some weeks, and ended up having 800+ trophies in the end. O.o (and 500+ flame beetle trophies) You can guess how fast my leveling up from 85 to 90 was... o.o
    Last edited by Salama; October 28th, 2008 at 04:23 AM.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

What about going solo?

I just started Istaria and I am going through most of the forum and was just wondering how soloable things are.

I am guessing not everything is soloable - like the RoP stuff I have been reading about.

Any advise for a young hatchling? I am on the Chaos server and have not seen to many folks :/ so grouping may not be an option

I'd maybe try looking in the chat rooms. I know on Order at least there are a couple which always seem to be well populated. Maybe they would be a good place to ask for help or form a group.

If you don't know how to get into the chat rooms, look at the bottom-right of your main chat window. There will be a couple buttons there; one looks like a little speech bubble with an exclaimation mark inside of it. Click on that and you should be shown a list of the chat rooms you can join and the ones at the top have the most players in them.

That's if I'm remembering correctly anyway. ^.^

Hope this helps

~Galde

Thank you for the info Galde

I will try that!

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

If you get lucky and find a blighted claw that alters your attack type (like flame, ice, energy, etc.) You can go for Flame/Fire Beetles, Giant Ice Beetles pretty early on. With an ice damage claw, I was able to take down lvl 60-70 flame/fire beetles at 45 or so. At about 60 I moved on to Giant Ice Beetles with a flame damage claw. But unless you feel like farming New Trismus mobs for a claw, you'll have to wait a bit. :/
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciare2750 View Post
    What about going solo?

I just started Istaria and I am going through most of the forum and was just wondering how soloable things are.

I am guessing not everything is soloable - like the RoP stuff I have been reading about.

Any advise for a young hatchling? I am on the Chaos server and have not seen to many folks :/ so grouping may not be an option
    I think it depends not on IF mobs are soloable, rather WHEN you want to solo them.

I do believe that for a dragon very few mobs are not soloable.
    Mostly the Epics like Valkor, Fafnir, Reklar, SoG are difficult with a group and not few will even attempt to solo them.

As for the RoP mobs... Again it depends.
    You want your wings at lvl 30? You wont even damage the mobs.
    You are willing to wait untill 90+ with T5 triple tech scales? You can probably solo every single one of them, although Kaa might be more difficult to reach.

And sometimes you just go for it and lose, another time you go for it and you win...
    Took me ages to solo the Thornwood Treant named, but eventually I got him.

Are you willing to be patient and sometimes lose untill you finally win?
    Then all non epic mobs can be done solo without biped spells cast on you.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

*there is even one among us, who soloed SoG- shame on me I forgot his name*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Dakoren, on his dragon I would imagine. Sounds like the kinda crazy thing he would do.

Anyhoo if you're good at just grinding mobs you'll level fast enough, it gets faster and easier as you level up anyway. But if you're like me and easily distracted you still won't be 100 after 3 years... really must do that sometime #cough#
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

*I shall never forget Krondel`s name^^*

I looked it up: It was Zanukk of chaos
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    I think it depends not on IF mobs are soloable, rather WHEN you want to solo them.

I do believe that for a dragon very few mobs are not soloable.
    Mostly the Epics like Valkor, Fafnir, Reklar, SoG are difficult with a group and not few will even attempt to solo them.

As for the RoP mobs... Again it depends.
    You want your wings at lvl 30? You wont even damage the mobs.
    You are willing to wait untill 90+ with T5 triple tech scales? You can probably solo every single one of them, although Kaa might be more difficult to reach.

And sometimes you just go for it and lose, another time you go for it and you win...
    Took me ages to solo the Thornwood Treant named, but eventually I got him.

Are you willing to be patient and sometimes lose untill you finally win?
    Then all non epic mobs can be done solo without biped spells cast on you.
    I understand perfectly - and I am more than willing to die over and over to get something I want. If I have to group - then so be it. I do solo, but I also enjoy groupage as well.

Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    *I shall never forget Krondel`s name^^*

I looked it up: It was Zanukk of chaos
    Was it really solo or did he have a healer present?
    I remember reading about it somewere, but cannot remember were...
    An excellent acomplishment nonetheless, not many will try that.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I serisously doubt it was pure solo.

Thread Information