Thread: need help on lair :D

Hybrid View

Default need help on lair :D

I'm just wondering how long take to craft a hall and is it best for storge xD
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: need help on lair :D

Halls are some of the most resource-using structures of the dragon lair system. Only difference between a hall and a lair is the shrine to bind to. Halls also take up more blocks than their lair counterparts of the same tier.

As for how much they store, there's an excel sheet with a storage calculator here on the forums. It can be found here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...t=11136&page=3 and shows not only the breakdown per storage structure (hall, lair, silo, grand hall), but also can calculate what your storage capacity is for the total lair (bulk and stacks) as well as the efficiency (per block of space used in the lair).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Depends on what you think is "best"

If you're talking about bulk, walls of silos are your best bet.

If you want item count, go for the lowest tier of lairs and plug as many of them as you can fit. (+libraries if you're storing formula)

Halls are not efficient for anything besides aesthetics in regards to effort vs. reward.

I actually have a different spin on this,

Halls, are utter hell to build, yes, but when built outclass the lair rooms in bulk and stack quite drastically.

For example, the t2 hall holds the exact same bulk/stack as a t6 lair and is 1/2 the size and uses none of the t6 resources to build. Will you be complaining at the planner for placing it all the time while you are building it? Most likely, once it's built though the storage and utility (bind points in each one) does make you breath a sigh of relief

My personal lair will have no "lairs" planned in it but 2t2 and 1t4 hall to maximise storage and allow me to break up permissions if I need to let someone use some stack storage... it will also allow me to bind top middle or bottom of the lair depending on what I need... right now only 2 of the 3 are built and I am not looking forward to building the other t2...

Halls - stack - bulk - size

t1 - 60 - 7200 - 2x2x2
    t2 - 120 - 14400 - 2x2x2
    t3 - 180 - 21600 - 2x3x3
    t4 - 240 - 28800 - 2x3x3
    t5 - 300 - 36000 - 3x3x3
    t6 - 360 - 43200 - 3x3x3
    grand - 360 - 60000 - 4x4x4

lairs - stack - bulk - size

t1 - 20 - 2400 - 2x2x1
    t2 - 40 - 4600 - 2x2x1
    t3 - 60 - 7200 - 2x3x2
    t4 - 80 - 9600 - 2x3x2
    t5 - 100 - 12000 - 2x3x3
    t6 - 120 - 14400 - 2x3x3

Soraii

Ahhh thanks guys I was just wondering about the hall I am build that next but hope to build a lair and stoarge later

Guess t1 hall going be a pain to build but it going be so usfully in long term and I gain lots lv build it , I hope

I would actually reccommend a t2 hall, you should, if you work from low t1 to high t2 be nearly if not past 50 by the time you are done.

Not to mention the break of tiers will give you a bit of a break from just doing all and only t1... it gets tireing after a while

Soraii

wow cool thanks i change it to a t2 then more better craft lvs

Digging up a old thread, but as a general rule for lairs and halls: it is way better to do only t2/t4/t6 based on space available and lairshaping skill since t1/t2, t3/t4 and t5/t6 take the same space and the same amount of materials but with greater capacity for T2/T4/T6
    Basicaly there is no reason to build T1/T2/T3 lairs/halls

cannot edit the post above: i mean there is no reason to build T1/T3/T5 lairs/halls

Thread Information