Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US08 Election

Default Re: US08 Election

I never said you had to overlook it. If you want to be pained by comments that such people say, then so be it, though I know it can't be helped. People are cruel and two faced and every other dispicable trait imaginable, but that's always been the case and will never change. Even so, calling them such isn't doing any favors. I don't agree with the things said, but I don't agree that we should put them down as well. So they have some extreme opinions, many of which are hurtful - I don't think they're about to change them even so.

I know this doesn't ease the pain, but what else can you do but suck it up and move on. Look for the better in people instead of standing wounded on their thorns.

The whether or not I'm going republican or democrat: I'm voting for McCain just because we need to balance the democrats out. Balance of power and all that. Usually I go Democratic.

/end my portion of the discussion. I dislike political stuff even though I wind up in them sometimes. xD
    Last edited by Hraefn; November 3rd, 2008 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraefn View Post
    The whether or not I'm going republican or democrat: I'm voting for McCain just because we need to balance the democrats out. Balance of power and all that. Usually I go Democratic.

/end my portion of the discussion. I dislike political stuff even though I wind up in them sometimes. xD
    Voting for a party or a person "to balance things out" is in my opinion the most foolish thing to do. You have to vote the party/person you want, the balancing is done by the people who want the other party/person.

furthermore

I'm not an American so I have no vote in this matter but because we are so under the influence of the US, (our MP is totally devoted to Bush, he has breakfast with Bush and he is happy like a small child on Christmas morning (puke )) and we are the 3th or 4th biggest investor in the US, I really hope Barack wins. I think McCain is a good guy but choosing Palin as running mate???? She is so unbelievable scary, I really don't even want to think about the possibility she ever gets more power.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Not really Sigi. Having a completely Republican government is part of the reason why some things are so messed up as they are now. The balance of power plays a big part in all of it. And I am voting for him because I want to anyway. I want him in for that reason :B I don't much like either candidates of their opinions on the more important matters. I'd really like to vote Clinton back into office but that can't happen. xP
    Last edited by Hraefn; November 4th, 2008 at 12:04 AM.

I said that because I hear to many people complaining about the government and if you ask further, they admit they voted for a party they don't agree with (for balancing purpose) and then dislike the measurements taken. And, you never know what others will vote, the only vote you control is your own, so in theory, your "balancing vote" just could tip the scale to a side you don't want. But, I'm used to a system with a lot of different parties who have to form a coalition to form a government, so there's more balance anyway

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

It doesn't matter which side you vote for in that case. xD Things are going to happen you might not agree with whether you choose one or the other.

Sorry, there's way too many shady, undisclosed happenings with one party for me to feel comfortable about putting further power into their hands. I concur with the long list of questionable associations, but it's way beyond that at this point.

I'm not happy with either of the candidates, but I do think there is a lesser of 2 evils choice here and that goes a long way toward which candidate is being more open and honest about their record/history/birth certificate/alien status/political associations/supporters/illegal campaign contributions/anti-patriotic comments & family members & ministers, etc.

The list is never ending. I find myself rather amazed at people's desires to believe in something/someone to the extent that they can just listen and believe rhetoric when there's no possible way any of that can be achieved. The economy is screwed and no president is going to be able to fix it, no matter how much "redistribution of wealth" he does.

I also appreciate the way that party's classification of middle class keeps changing so that people that thought they'd get tax breaks 5 weeks ago and haven't kept up don't realize that they're no longer in the same range as they thought they were.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i don't understand your reasoning, hra....the government has been republican controlled for the last 8 years.......america has been republican for 16 of the last 24 years..........

time for the democrats to have some fun, according to your philosophy.....

and anyone who isn't afraid of palin hasn't looked into her or even heard her speak. you think tina fey is making all that up??
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Exactly, and now congress is all democratic, they're getting a piece of the action. As I said earlier, I'm usually democatic, but this year, I'm going for another route.

You don't have to understand my reasoning. At least I'm voting, eh? Better than saying, 'I don't like either of them, I'm not going to the polls.' Though I admit, sometimes I'm tempted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    and anyone who isn't afraid of palin hasn't looked into her or even heard her speak. you think tina fey is making all that up??
    I'm not afraid of Palin and I am diametrically opposed to many of her opinions. She has the only executive experience in the whole bunch of candidates. Is Tina Fey Making it all up? Oh You Betcha'. That's her job as a comedian. Take the absurd and make it....absurder.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ah well, realistically speaking, its too late now anyway!! one way or another, america has a new leader tomorrow night!

as hra says, it doesn't matter who, just that you vote for someone! and like creme sez, one person will not be able to fix all the problems immediately anyway - but it is important that we all have our say. americans are lazy and tend to try to get out of their civic duties, not realizing that those civic duties are what make them american.

its not perfect, but it is still a pretty good system

Well, I did say this for a reason, and I intended it to apply to everyone posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Nobody is going to reward you for voting "right", though it may be wise to not talk about who you voted for, lest you be berated for voting "wrong".
    I suggest keeping your candidates and positions out of the discussion and focus on "to vote or not to vote", lest this turn into a situation that makes enemies of friends.

On a side note...

I am going to be SO HAPPy when the election is over. I am so tired of the ads on TV, radio, and in print.

This will only be my 6th presidential election to vote in, but it is by far the worst, dirtiest, nastiest, and mud-slingest campaign I can ever remember.

Whatever happened to "If you can't say something nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Agreed 100% SC. And it is truly a sad state of affairs when we are in a situation where we might be intimidated to state who we did vote for.

Anyway, I retract my previous questionable birth certificate as it has apparently been resolved.

to paraphrase linus from the peanuts - i have learned not to discuss 3 things in mixed company; politics, religion, and the great pumpkin!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    On a side note...

I am going to be SO HAPPy when the election is over. I am so tired of the ads on TV, radio, and in print.

This will only be my 6th presidential election to vote in, but it is by far the worst, dirtiest, nastiest, and mud-slingest campaign I can ever remember.

Whatever happened to "If you can't say something nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
    Candidates (or their representatives) haven't phoned you and left messages?

Lucky you...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    i don't understand your reasoning, hra....the government has been republican controlled for the last 8 years.......america has been republican for 16 of the last 24 years..........

time for the democrats to have some fun, according to your philosophy.....

No idea were you come up with your figures velveeta. 24 years (since 1985). Senate was controlled by Democrats 13 years, Republicans 11 years. House was controlled by Democrats 12 years, Republicans 12 years. Only the Presidency was to your numbers. Goverment is more than the President. And only the last two years has SO much gone wrong. Both houses of congress were controlled by Democrats during these last two years.

If you want me to break down the exact years as to who was in control of each branch I could do that but all I had to do was look up the information on the internet. So could you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    On a side note...

I'll be happy too. I happily watch my TV time-shifted through a DVR, (yay! no commercials!) though I'm rather sick of my mailbox getting flooded with political ads. They're the only things that didn't get crumpled or folded in half to fit in my overstuffed mailbox. If only they weren't printed on double-sided glossy paper -- then I'd have plenty of to scribble my HZ notes on.

...and I think you just gave everyone a hint about your minimum age

And only the last two years has SO much gone wrong.
    Debatable, I think things went terribly wrong with Bush's means of addressing terrorism. I also think things don't tend to work as smoothly when the president and the houses of congress are controlled by different parties.

I've seen too much under Bush's leadership of pushing for things that are detrimental to the US, particularly with regard to foreign policy. I'd like to see the cowboy ride off into the sunset and get someone who has a chance of turning around the current negativity - and from the way those outside of the US have spoken of Obama, I believe he has an excellent chance there. I was also impressed in the last debate of his positive action plan for simultaneously rebuilding the US economy and addressing energy issues; I did not see any such clear plan from McCain, so I think of him as "same old". Just my impressions.

WELL I'll BE A $^%^%%. me and Creme agree on something!!!

I won't discuss who or what, not gonna get in a pissing contest, we are all free to vote.

But my question is "Are these the only and best people who could run for President????? If so, then we already doomed

Mark Twain said no man's life, liberty, or property is safe while Congress is in session. That is why I prefer it when the branches of Gov. are split. Immobilization is the best policy, untill we can rid ourselves of lifelong politicians whos whole purpose in existing is to get re-elected. Republicans in total power, they lose the reason they were elected and spend like drunken sailors. Democrats in total power, you get propositions like Imputed Income proposed for the tax code.

My personal preference is the houses of Congress split with the President one of my political philosophy.

I sent off my ballot today, neither candidate was to my likeing but I had to go with the closest to my thoughts of the framers of the Constitutions intended vision of the country, which we have strayed so far from.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Thread Information