Thread: Old Player lost in Her Old World

Default Old Player lost in Her Old World

Hello everyone, not many would know me under this name, and not sure there are any of the "old" players still around. I've played this game since beta phase 2 all the way till I was forced to take a break in 2005.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times, came back and left again, etc, etc. I am always pulled back to this game regardless of what happens in RL or what game may come out that captures my interest at that time. I've played a lot of games since this one, beta tested many as well.

Left this one for Everquest 2 (Won't be going back to that one), then got dragged into World of Warcraft by my husband and have been hanging out there for the largest part of my away from "Horizon's" time... yes, I know it's been renamed but a lot of us "veterans" will always probably call it "Horizon's". So now I'm back to this one again.

I feel like a newbie all over again. There are things that have changed since I was here last, and I'm trying to remember how to play my characters again. The crafting actually came easier to remember! I'm an old player lost in her old world I guess. Things are missing that used to be there and the world is seemingly empty of people, but I hope that will change. Consigner's don't have goods on them as they used to have and a lot of the people I'm seeing online are people I do not know. I recognize a few names I've seen, such as Leonea, Sonea and Joanna....I doubt they will recall who I am.

My main character was/is called Silver, a Saris Healer. I also have a Dragon named Gentle. In order to try to refresh my memory with this game I've created two others and I'm caught up in re-familiarizing myself with the world and game basics again. Though I think I find it most frustrating not to find goods available on the consigners as it used to be before I left. I realize a lot has changed as has the population of the servers now online. It is my hope that this will change and that this game will revive again to what it was before. I've missed it and the people and the wonderful interaction I had in the world of Istaria.

I'd give anything to find someone who can make cargo gear... (well within reason of course)

I really wish I could remember my old forum name and password... it sucks getting old...
    Last edited by Yashara; November 10th, 2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Needed to add more...

Default Re: Old Player lost in Her Old World

Are you on Order or Chaos?

I know that on Chaos, the New Trismus / Kion public consigners usually cater to the new players, and the player consignment in bristugo is where everyone seems to be storing their stuff for sale.

It may be different on Order.

Welcome back
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Are you on Order or Chaos?

I know that on Chaos, the New Trismus / Kion public consigners usually cater to the new players, and the player consignment in bristugo is where everyone seems to be storing their stuff for sale.

It may be different on Order.

Welcome back

I'm on Order. And thank you for the welcome back..

Welcome then. Itsa bummer ya dont remember ya old name:/ i mightave known who ya were at one point:P but thats parta the fun:P
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

On Order, the consigners most frequented tend to be Aughundell and New Trismus. That said, welcome back to Istaria. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a tell if you see me in-game. Dragon channel is a good place for dragon-related questions, and I would assume that biped questions are handled in Marketplace.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Welcolme back

Surely a lot has changed, take you time to "arrive".
    I once was forced to make a break, and when I returned, only some month
    had passed- it seemed to be an entire new game for me.

Don`t hesitate to contact me ingame, if you need assistance.

BTW: ".. it sucks getting old... " lol- lots of folks here, to share that with you
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

There are always the imperial spell vendors and refubished gear seller npcs if you need ugently a piece of gear.

And welcome back!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thank you so much for the warm welcome back, Rizo, Raptress, Lovwyrm and Takora... again this is an example of the friendly and wonderful people I knew in this game from my old days here. It shows me that the spirit of community has survived. I look forward to getting to know those of you that are new to Order from Unity, and hopefully making new friends.

That being said if you see a snow tigress running around with confusion imprinted on her furry face, that's probably me...just wait for a bit, she'll likely have a light bulb turn on in her head that makes her remember..

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Hmmm, Order shard, hubby and wife, beta players, left for Everquest.

Iridaceae and Sarogin? Perchance you were on Dawn shard before merger? Members of the Sacred Order of the Hospitaller guild?

I do seem to recall a dragon of old named Gentle. However, I'm rather stuck on Silver because I've known too many silver variants (from Argentum and Argentium to SilverMane, etc.).

Nonetheless, welcome back. I hope if you were on Dawn shard you might remember Tagath and myself.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Yashara have you tried opening a support ticket and see if they can help you with your old account. If they can they should be able to merge this one into it after they give you the info. Also welcome back I hope you enjoy your stay.

Though Im getting old I dont remeber much back from the old days I do remember the name silver a bit. Welcome back glad you found your way home
    Leonea-Leo for short please ((Pudda Tank!/Builder))
    Yavahona-or known as YAVAFLAVA!

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Hmmm, Order shard, hubby and wife, beta players, left for Everquest.

Iridaceae and Sarogin? Perchance you were on Dawn shard before merger? Members of the Sacred Order of the Hospitaller guild?

I do seem to recall a dragon of old named Gentle. However, I'm rather stuck on Silver because I've known too many silver variants (from Argentum and Argentium to SilverMane, etc.).

Nonetheless, welcome back. I hope if you were on Dawn shard you might remember Tagath and myself.
    Iridaceae I remember well, and no, not her... My husband never played Horizon's though I tried very hard to get him into the game. When World of Warcraft hit the gaming scene he dived headfirst into it and has not left till this day.

Yes, I was on Dawn before the shard merger and a member of KoI which has been renamed during my absence to Templars of Dawn. Silver was always known as Silver, a snow tigress with silver eyes. Silver Tigress at first renamed to Silver Deed. I remember vaguely Tagath and I remember you... but the memories are vague I'm sorry to say. Though I wish I could remember more.

And thank you for the welcome back..

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Yashara have you tried opening a support ticket and see if they can help you with your old account. If they can they should be able to merge this one into it after they give you the info. Also welcome back I hope you enjoy your stay.
    Actually I didn't think of that Deth... I should try that.. But knowing my failing memory at times it might be best to just keep this as it is fresh in my old brain

And I'm very glad to be back...Still floundering around a bit but it's coming back to me slowly. I hope to stay permanently this time and see this game come back to life as it used to be, with a world full of wonderful people to meet and interact with.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonea View Post
    Though Im getting old I dont remeber much back from the old days I do remember the name silver a bit. Welcome back glad you found your way home
    I remember the first time I met you Leonea! Strange that I can recall that and not so many other things. But I think the reason for that is your sweet and special personality. People that are friendly always seem to make the biggest mark on my memory. And I'm very glad I found my way back also..

Well I'm horrid with names, So I won't pretend my old draggie mind remembers a Saris from Dawn way back when (esp. since I know very few bipeds...evarh)..

But this elder is still around too (and yea its always Horizons to me) so welcome back! I hope to see Gentle in the dragon channel - I'm always up for getting to know new and old draggies!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

One more hello. I too was on Dawn during Beta and until the merger. Usually I’m running about as Drenzie, the former Proprietor of Pasinia Potions on Dawn.

I left for WOW in 2005. It was fun for awhile. Then not so fun for awhile. Then grinding monotony for awhile. Then it went downhill. Then I quit playing on-line games for over a year. WOW is special like that. I remembered having fun in this game and decided to give it another try. I even talked one of my old guild mates into coming back We’ve been back about two months now and have set up shop in Selen.

My guildmate couldn’t remember his account details at first. The entire account was restored by customer service when he gave them his characters name and what details he could recall. By all means give this a try.

Coming from WOW after a protracted break involved a Sharp Learning Curve. WOW required no mental effort at all. Helpful NPC’s are everywhere to hold your hand every step of the way. Thottbot is there to detail the optimum way to do everything. I recall 40 man raids in WOW where most of the raid group was texting, chatting, watching TV, reading, surfing the web, doing anything they could to fend of boredom while pushing the same keys over and over again. Over and over. Raid after raid. Week after week. In a world where Everything in Every dungeon is Exactly the same Every time. Yech.

Remember back in beta how you would make a character and just get dumped out on Spirit Isle with no information at all. No training island. No training hall. Just a few NPC’s who would offer to let you join a school and a sign that said Monsters? Greatest introduction to a game I ever had. Learning the basics involved getting killed a lot. Then I learned that all of the schools were intertwined with all of the other schools, there were easy ways and hard ways to do everything; and there was no practical way to learn them except to try.

Istaria is a little easier than that, but just a little. It isn’t just that we are getting older. This game requires far more thinking and skill than Blizzard will ever allow in WOW. It will help if you download MapPak and a list of teleport destinations. Run around and look at the world. Things have changed. The thinking and planning required to play well haven’t.

Welcome back
    Have fun
    Join the chat channels and find out whats going on
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information