Thread: A rodent prophecy

Default A rodent prophecy

He who hears chewing has a mouse.
    He who hears chewing and is told it will go away will later have mice.

Months ago I was woken early in the morn to an irritating noise in the ceiling: Gnawing. Seems a little friend had moved into a space, and unfortunately, a space where I could not get at him. Noting it, we had been powerless to stop it. Now, the siege has begun. Formerly from their side, keeping me awake all night with their rowdy mousey parties (Sounded like being in a hotel room next to some honeymooners with the frequency of mouse squeaks) and one constantly running all over the ceiling (I guess they ran out of beer so that one is doing the runs). But now it is my turn to put them under siege.

The war has begun!

I have started by hauling out the contents of closets, vaccuming, noting holes they have been kind to renovate into my walls. We plan to stick a hardened tiles to cover them initially to deter chewing as we think wood would be chewed through and encourage it. I am so going to put runes on the tiles just because I enjoy inside jokes (He who removes this taped tile will allow the rodent scourge to return to the lands).

I've also found the big hole, the entrance to the VIP Club... It shall be tiled.

Note to self: Mousetraps on toes and fingers =

I bet these poor mice forgot the end of the whole thing...

He who angers things bigger than you is in trouble. Watch for traps.

Default Re: A rodent prophecy

The runes are a clever idea .

Although I really like mice, they are terrible if in house. I hope you can get rid of them (in a for both mice and man so pleasant possible way). A cat can be of help too!
    Last edited by Sigi; December 5th, 2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: removed not

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Having mice running around in the walls, ceilings and crawl spaces of your house is somewhat undesirable. (They like to chew on stuff, like electrical wires.) Having them die in the walls, ceilings and crawl spaces of your house is even less so. (They start to smell bad!)

Traps (the live or dead catch kind) are probably your best bet, as they keep the mouse somewhere where you can get to it. If you're using the dead-catch kind, hold the bail by the sides instead by the edge. That way, if the catch slips, you don't hurt your fingers. (It took me awhile to figure that one out.)

Whatever you do, don't use poison. The mouse will suffer a slow death and it will get its revenge by crawling to some cramped, impossible to get to place before dying and going putrid.

Yes, please, please dont use poisons... we had a rat problem over the summer and my dad laid out poison. I had the displeasure of disposing of one not quite dead and heavily bleeding rat that decided to make me feel like the scum of hte univers by laying down to die in the middle of the kitchen

Poison is definetly undesirable... knowing the smell of a mouse only a day old from finding it on vacation, I care not to have one rot in the walls (ick). Poison also is a bad thing, our kitty might eat it and get sick too. We have also done something else: We have blocked under the doors in my room to prevent movement in and out from them. Hopefully they don't chew that too.

Thread Information