Okay, I was going to post 2 issues regarding music, but after consulting the search function it seems I'll have to try that workaround for disappearing music before for one of them. I'll still mention it though. I created a dragon today and just after a few minutes the music was gone, still on that dragon newbie island.
It *might* have been related to my first death there (c'mon, don't laugh, I was just so focused on the new stuff that I forgot watching my health bar so I attacked 3 mobs in a row without resting in between :P ), but I'm not entirely sure if that really coincided.

The second one though REALLY bugs me. It's the reason why I have turned off ingame sound and started listening to my own music in the background, which does pain me because I really like the music in this game. The problem is, in some areas of the game (geographical areas) I get a loop of the same piece of music over and over and over - it goes for about 5-7 seconds, then fades out smoothly, and restarts. And it's always the same track within an area. Now, this does stop when I enter a new area and other tracks take over.

For instance, in New Trismus, I get this file: "Horizons\resources\sound\music\mus_npc_jeremiah_t rueheart.mp3" in that 5-7 second loop. Considering the time spent there this really got on my nerves after a while
However, when I go to the copper and tin ore or the flax field for example, the music changes to the apparently random playlist of crafting music and doesn't loop. I think the same goes for leaving New Trismus for areas with mobs (having their own music as well as far as I can tell).

This appears character-independent as well, happened to 2 of 2 characters so far. I have yet to test on the dragon... I turned off the sound in that one when the music dropped early on

Anyway, I can do further testing on this if necessary.

On a completely unrelated and even more unimportant note, I found out that the ingame Notepad won't save text if it doesn't include at least 1 space or 1 line change (i.e. pressing enter to get to the next line). I wouldn't even have noticed that if I hadn't tried to save the word "test" after being told about the existence of the Notepad