Thread: Being accused of cheating PISSES ME OFF...

Default Being accused of cheating PISSES ME OFF...

Dragonadopters.

I have made hundreds upon hundreds (Probably not quite a thousand) market trades. All in my favor.

1 fur for 2 scale, 1 scale for 2 fur, 1 fur for 5 white aura....

I scaled them up after the server came back because people had more.

10 fur for 20 scale, 5 fur for 25 white aura....

I have also made and sold many items for more than the resource cost to make them. I have even bought cheap items and resold for higher than I paid for them. I've even bought cheap items and sold to the factory for more than I paid.

They had a bug that gave double fur/scale that was only fixed TODAY.

I even found some market trades where people made mistakes. Someone put up an offer of 150 white aura for 100 white aura. I jumped on it and gained 50 aura...

I am so mad that I'm shaking. Can't the people who run that site read their own freaking logs and see all those hundreds of "Overview" messages I have gotten? I deleted them all cause there were so many. Wish I never did that...

Default Re: Being accused of cheating PISSES ME OFF...

I don't know what game this is that you are playing, but indeed, that sucks, especially when through your own efforts and hard work, and yes, watching market prices on items and jumping on good deals, results in such an accusation.

It is sad that those that do NOT put in the time/effort or pay attention begrudge those that do or in the case of it being administrators, that they do due diligence in verifying prior to accusing.

There should also be a common standard upon which they assess penalties.

Hope you get this straightened out.

If it's the game company making this accusation, then they should have the task of doublechecking all the data and acertaining whether or not there is reason to make any accusation.

Well, he took a second look and saw that I indeed did not cheat.

I wish he had done that in the first place. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off...

Good that you got it resolved, and better that he acknowledged his error.

what game?
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

First word in the post.

Dragonadopters.

I hope his acknowledgement of your not cheating came along with a decent apology, thats an ignorant accusation without 100% proof.

It was decent I suppose, but hard to make a decent apology when something like that occurs. Never really good enough.

Kumu, was the accusation made in public (ie:forums), or in private? Not that it matters at all, it is still a nasty thing to have happened to you. I am sorry that it did. I can live without that game, if it comes to that. Grrr. Makes me angry when a friend is hurt.

I saw that you were merchanting, bought something from you, as a matter of fact.

It was private, but the way it was worded was WAY accusatory, including saying that I should confess to how I was cheating...

I'm considering the apology satisfactory now, but it really was offensive. I never thought that being accused of that would have affected me that way. Never been accused of cheating before.

Not fun.

No, it isn't fun.

*gives Kumu a hug and a candy cane*
    Hope you feel better now!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

And just seeing how this was handled makes me not really want to try this little webthingy out - and I'd clicked on them several times before while they were "updating"..

But now its "ok if I'm just a smart consumer I'm going to be assused of cheating huh?? No thank you..."
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I think it was their first attempt at weeding out cheaters. It was just me they targeted. I really have more resources than anyone else so that's why I was a target.

I think he learned his lesson. He was also slapped a little by the owner for his aggressive moderation. So it seems it might get better. They even lightened the rules a bit...

I've noticed over time that you tend to be the one who takes a great deal of my market offers, Kumu. I was actually just thinking earlier today that that must put you in a pretty good situation resource-wise since you're actively trading and stuff like that.

Of course, when it's nearly impossible to get an equal number of resources in return for what you're getting, you'd lose more than you gained if you did it a lot. Obviously you've gotten it to work though if you did so well they thought you cheated. XD
    <----clicky!

Thread Information