Thread: Mob resistance

Post Mob resistance

Hi folks,

Is there a list somewhere of what mobs are immune to damage from certain attacks? Are they just limited to Epic Monsters or are there other "normal" ones that have resistances? And is there a list somewhere of what creatures are resistant to certain attack types, similar to the Scorpion information? That would be very handy to have! I usually just rely on my Ethereal attacks via Spiritist/Reaver, would be nice to be a bit more scientific about it

If someone can supply the info, I'll add it to the Wiki. Something like:

Resistant to: Pierce, Flame, Energy, Nature
    Immune to: Slash
    Vulnerable to: Crush, Ethereal, Ice

For example, I believe Golems are resistant to Slash and Pierce, but vulnerable to Crush? Could be wrong there, which is probably why they beat the tar out of me so regularly

Happy hunting!

Stale.

Default Re: Mob resistance

I really don't know who all is vulnerable or weak to what attacks, and I sure wish I did. XD Not even sure how to check because the damage dealt varies so much on its own.
    <----clicky!

Giant Fire beetles have been made fire immune recently IIRC

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

not from me, unfortuately - i am not that good a player and gamer's info does not list the resistances and immunities, more's the pity....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    For example, I believe Golems are resistant to Slash and Pierce, but vulnerable to Crush? Could be wrong there, which is probably why they beat the tar out of me so regularly
    Actually, they are resistant to Crush and Slash but vulnerable to Pierce.

There is a good database for this: Arcat's Horizons Crafting Calculator. Look at the description of Adventure or Spell techniques to have a list of resistances/vulnerabilities to the damage types. So far, it has been very accurate for me.

Just to be picky, I'm not sure what we can say that Giant Fire Beetles are immune to fire. They are more extra resistant because you can still damage them with fire if your attack is very powerful (I can damage them a little with a Breath of Flame Burst). Fire would cause 0 damage to them in any case if they were immune.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Actually, they are resistant to Crush and Slash but vulnerable to Pierce.
    lol - that would explain why they smack me so hard then

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post

There is a good database for this: Arcat's Horizons Crafting Calculator. Look at the description of Adventure or Spell techniques to have a list of resistances/vulnerabilities to the damage types. So far, it has been very accurate for me.
    Good tip! I'll load up HCC and check that out, I do remember those now that you point it out... have to take a closer look.

I have already pulled the data out of HCC a while ago
    Last edited by Chasing; July 27th, 2010 at 06:12 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

In Regards to the new mob i dont see how they can be Immune to slash damage Resistant yes Immune no if any thing they should be immune to Crush due to there armor shells there anthropoids and like all anthropoids they can be dismembered well known fact scorpions can handle up to 400% of there own wight before getting hurt .

Now i know the gnomes did some tinkering with there Genedic code and yet another experiment went honorably wrong but i still dont see how they can be Immune to slash could you help me under stand why this choice was made Amarië

was always thought when battling blood thirsty venomous anthropoids hack at the hinges
    Last edited by lightning claw; January 6th, 2009 at 05:12 AM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    In Regards to the new mob i dont see how they can be Immune to slash damage ....
    Who said they were immune? Might want to reread the info.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

My error i thought it said Immune opus sorry
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Ice beetles where also made immune to Ice attacks a few patches ago.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    I have already pulled the data out of HCC a while ago
    Sheer genius - as usual Chasing Thanks!

Wow, that's wonderfully helpful, thanks!
    <----clicky!

Thread Information