Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadia Discussion

Default Re: Nadia Discussion

Agreed with Frith Rae.

I seem to remember a period when Mith Golem comps were fairly easy; I loved killing Mith Golems and did quite well on their comps. I believe that was pre-Manga...

My memory of the T3max tech days was that they were days of plenty. Techs and formulas were easy, though cobalt was tough... but after we matured a bit more, it was all pretty easy. That was also the time that we had a functioning economy... I've always felt that if components were very easily available, players would want many outfits, fitted for many different purposes... Demand would be increased as ease increased.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Let players choose if they buy from Nadia or not?

Sorry but if we look at it that way then just let nadia sell finished tools or weapons because I as a player rather not craft at all and just adventure.......

And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't making tech'd gear to be harder to aqquire? If you don't want to put forth the effort to get the compa to tech something, wether hunt for it or buy from another player, then don't tech the item.

I also agree with the points of Frith Rae. And as long as most of that is not changed, I am completely against removing Nadia.

I really wonder why this topic comes up at this time. The situation with Nadia is not new and it is like that for quite some time. So why changing it now? I could understand if there will be some major changes in the game and if there is an attempt to advertise the game and get new players. But I really can't see that at the moment. So why changing it for a community that lives with the advantages and disadvantages of Nadia for such a long time? Don't get me wrong: I think it would be better if we wouldn't need Nadia, but I think it is wrong to remove Nadia at this point without significant changes in the game.
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

just an idea, Mysk: Maybe for the Labyrinth, will shall need T6 amor-
    so dragons e.g. have to change from mithril- marble to admantinum-whatsoever.
    So we all need to craft new equipment- and Nadja needs t6 comps (if ingame)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    just an idea, Mysk: Maybe for the Labyrinth, will shall need T6 amor-
    so dragons e.g. have to change from mithril- marble to admantinum-whatsoever.
    So we all need to craft new equipment- and Nadja needs t6 comps (if ingame)
    Some t6 comps are already ingame, like andamantium frags, thornwood knots, etc. Sure some are still missing but mostly we are missing the forms and techs atm. I think the devs want probably remove her that players don't buy t6 comps when t6 gets released.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I sincerely doubt T6 will be available with the labyrinth. But I hope I'm wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    I'd have to vote no because:
    1. drop rates suck
    2. mob populations are low and generally confined to 1-2 areas
    3. player population is low
    4. interdependence is a myth; my opinion is that most people can make their own gear and gather their own comps.
    5. crafters dont buy comps to make gear (at least on Chaos). If I wanted to have armor made, I gather the techs, not the crafter. It is assumed that the player who wants the gear provides the tech resources.
    yes i fully agree

even if the drop rate would be increased i dont think that nadia would harm anyone

nobody would hire an adventurer to get the needed comps

the majority dont use nadia

but fix the loot table to get all items available

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson View Post
    yes i fully agree

even if the drop rate would be increased i dont think that nadia would harm anyone

nobody would hire an adventurer to get the needed comps

the majority dont use nadia

but fix the loot table to get all items available
    Thing is people know in the back of their minds that there is in fact a source for comps, at a set price, they can always go to. You can choose to grind out coin and simply buy from nadia on something you do not wish to hunt for.

I do agree that all necessary comps such as energy flame ice splinters should be drop, comps used for banners and kickers drop or change to something that drops, and the spirit webbings comp blighted spider silk be made to drop (or changed to purple spider venom frmo the spiders in the Spiritous swamp, etc).

Also, I think that a bit of reworking of what comps are used where needs to be done. Example is blue fringes which (this is just from memory) are used in multiple techs that say caster classes need (was something like life, focus, power). It's already used in accuracy. That's enough. Power and Focus should use something else. Choose something currently unused or barely used like forest oastic sacs, nahguk pygmy ears, etc. Certain situations, combinations of techs get a bit of an unfair stacking of relatively difficult to obtain comps.

I'm all for removing her tho.

You need to take into account the population on Order shard. I play during the daytime, PST and some days there aren't very many on. To get some comps I would need one very strong player or two or three not so strong ones to go with me. Sometimes such a group isn't even possible! And if we do go out, how many vexator fringes do you think you can get in one hour? If you can even find the right color vex! One day we found only two of them in an hour.
    I don't like paying Nadia so much silver, but a few days ago I didn't have enough comps so I did because I'm primarily a crafter and I wanted to tech some gear.
    To me, it seems like most "improvements" in the game have favored adventurers and dragons, but I still see high level players leaving the game in droves. So perhaps, someone should rethink things???

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    1 - up the drop rate on the components that are just too low

2 - reduce the difficulty of killing mobs which drop the components

3 - there needs to be a way - either in or OUT of game (as I suggested in the other thread) for crafters and adventurers to easily communicate their needs and products (outside of trade channel).
    1) That's something we can discuss, but which drops do you mean? Is the problem the actual weighting on the loot tables, or is it the spawn frequency, the spawn location, the spawn density, or another factor? For example, is the comp in question overused compared to similar comps in the same tier?

2) Are they really that hard to kill, or is the problem really that they have too many friends nearby? What is it that is preventing you from killing them?

3) I don't see this being an issue. Players have Sir Aiden, and they have these forums. The fact that some players might choose not to use either is not a good argument against removing Nadia. Yes, reverse consignment or something like that would be nice, but even that isn't a perfect solution if someone chooses not to use it.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

All I know is that my level 100 Guardian rating about 120 is toast in a minute on the Satyr Islands in a solo mode, and often in a group. Yeah, of course high level mobs gang up, which is fine if you like adventuring and you find enough people to make a group with and you've got four hours to spend until you get enough drops.

Sir Aidan never has anything for us to buy. Players don't use him for some reason except recently one player did and I found that extremely helpful!!! That was the first time EVER I remember anyone putting tier 5 comps on Sir A.

So... to move on with this discussion. The Satyr islands are crazy spawns. Actually, this has been a known issue for a while and we've got a project planned for it (other things have taken priority).

But, other than the Satyr islands is there anywhere else that is trouble? Cause, I haven't seen any other concerns but for the islands and wind golems (which I worked on a bit internally).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

As far as spawn rates other than the comp isles, theres a couple spots in Ed with crazy spawns. The spawn rate of vexes is not in line with demand of the fringes. Your right on wind golems but thats not spawn its loot table. Flame ogres are ridiculous jawbones just dont drop on any consistance basis, again loot table problem not spawn.

The main question to me is why remove Nadia at all, i know shes a crutch, I don't use her, but its no problem to me if others do. I hope its not just another change that causes game to lose some appeal to anyone. Shard population is very low on Order and dropping daily i know of least 6 guildmates who wont be renewing.

1) That's something we can discuss, but which drops do you mean? Is the problem the actual weighting on the loot tables, or is it the spawn frequency, the spawn location, the spawn density, or another factor? For example, is the comp in question overused compared to similar comps in the same tier?
    Well, I just said questions to be answered and issues to be addressed - I never said I was the best person to provide that information- as I've not hunted in some time. But I continue to hear the same complaints and problems as when I did hunt "back in the day".

It *appears* to me over the years that the biggest problem is the weight on the loot tables. I know another poster equated hard to taking "months" to get components but quite frankly I think its ridiculous to leave mechanics in game that require a player to literally kill the same mob for months to get 10 or 12 drops of something.

It seems like most spawn numbers are fine, though density around the spawn is something others have brought up (for the most part in the higher tier zones of ED and the Isles etc.).

But in answer to THIS direct question - the loot table weights seem to be the biggest issue. I shoudln't be killing 40-50-60 mobs for a single drop - which I've done for parts as low as tier III. (and then needed 6-10 drops).

2) Are they really that hard to kill, or is the problem really that they have too many friends nearby? What is it that is preventing you from killing them?
    I think the main problem, as others have pointed out in this thread, is that they have too many friends nearby. So that even as a dragon with my "flight" ability - I find myself trying to pull one or two and getting 8-10 or more and dying...quickly. As others have noted this appears to be a larger problem in the highest tiers again.

And as a previous poster mentioned about bipeds farming satyr isles and the guide posted here - I have no biped. Ishoudln't be forced to ooberlevel a biped out in order to hunt in a place. And if its MEANT to be a group challenge, that's fine, (as some may find the satyr or ED should be as higher level content - that people should have places they need to go in groups for success - then the loot table needs to reflect that).

I've put off level 100 and farming for years now because I simply do NOT want to go through the headache that will be tech gathering for what I'm use to.

And no, this game was NOT designed aroudn the idea that teched items were "luxury" items... certainly not for single classed dragons.

3) I don't see this being an issue. Players have Sir Aiden, and they have these forums. The fact that some players might choose not to use either is not a good argument against removing Nadia. Yes, reverse consignment or something like that would be nice, but even that isn't a perfect solution if someone chooses not to use it.
    I do think its an issue. I think its an issue that directly bears on Nadia being in or out of the game. Marketplace isn't reliable - if you're not in the chatroom right when what you need is being discussed or advertised - you've lost out. Forums obviously, been here fo ryears, and still I think the majority of player base has never been here. Though I'm a forum-fan myself and don't understand that line of thought - for some reason some people avoid forums like the plague. You SHOULD NOT be penalized for in-game game mechanics and want/need for your playstyle because you can't visit a foruma nd keep up with a thread.

A thread had been started, as someone else poitned out - last used in August. So we see that the forums just aren't a good venue for that. Its not enough.

Yes, a person would still have to choose to use a website off the login page for "Wanted Ads", much like the connie listing - but its much easier to find, more direct, and more "new player friendly" to see something like that off the MAIN SITE than to go hunt trhough forums. It speaks positively for the game company as a whole that they are aware of hte needs of their players that is not or cannot be addressed in game, and have designed a webpage for just such a purpose.

Nadia is an alternative right now - if you take that alternative away I feel its still the company's responsibily to put in a relatively equal and viable alternatives. Which resulted in the list I felt needed to be met before removing her.

And honestly I feel the first two points need to be addressed regardless of Nadia's presence or not. Its just bad game design.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

From my experience this past week I'd say look at purple spiders and the venom drop rate. From memory look at flame/fire wolf fangs. As far as spawns, again from memory look at fiery dire, drop rate is great, but theres only one spawn that I know of that a biped can get to, and fangs are used in about a dozen techs.
    P.S. Frith and Ming are right, this is a game, and games should be fun.
    Last edited by Trust; January 9th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

well i am a new player and for one i am glad there is someone i can go to when i would like to tech something, i mean i am mostly a crafter.
    it would take me months, if not years of playing with the limited time i have. so i could hunt the mobs for the comps needed.
    i like a game i can play a little and enjoy the time i spend playing.
    i hope this game does not end up like others, i mean i played WoW and i did several end game instances that was more like work in the sense that i had to be able to put aside 5 or more hours to have a slim chance of a drop. i have watched over the years and for the most part the folks behind the scenes for horizons have listened more then most. i think she should be left alone, if there was a much larger player base then there would be an oppertunity for there to be a supply and demand. i know in other games there are whole guilds that specilize in gathering materials/crafting but right now i do not think such a system would work.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Did a swamp balance sampling this evening on Order Shard approx 2 hours no mass kills following results in resource drops:

Blood Fungus Strip - 46 Blood Skulk Fin - 13
    Unspun Ironsilk - 54 Purple Spider venom - 0
    Animal Hide - 52 Bloodsnout Gruok Snout - 2

Results may vary but balance is seriously questionable...

Knossos

Hey Knossos what were your trophy counts, sorry for derail but trophies from swamp are low low drop rate too, while were talking about loot tables. Would be nice if a fun spot like the swamp to hunt actually dropped trophies comparable to grinding golems(not beetles, i want beetles to stop dropping trophies at current embarrassing rate they do).

Teto I did not log exact numbers before stashing trophys but there were around 2 ea of each of the hatchling regular and breeder purple spider trophys and 2 ea bloudsnout trophys.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; January 10th, 2009 at 03:01 AM.

Ok that doesnt seem to out of whack, I must have just been unlucky, was out there the other day and spend 3 hours solid killing and didnt get one complete set of anything for trophies. Thank you for getting back to me.

Thread Information