Thread: how many connectons does..

Default how many connectons does..

i'v been having probles with my netwrok . .. when i am on the game and any one ecle uesing the other pc's in the home try to get on the net they keep getting kicked off and so do i . . and my step dad asked me to ask here .. how many connectons does this game ues ? it only happen whne i play the game : ( does any one know ??

the net wrok is .. netgear sped i get is 180.0

and i am wireless and is feresy way from the roter snd hub thing . the net wrok had a bout 3 pc's on it some times 4 ...

for give me for my bad spelling .
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: how many connectons does..

Sounds like your Router doesn't have very good QoS. Most MMOs don't use much bandwidth and Istaria is probably even less as much of the files are client side.

What speed package from the ISP do you have? (ie 1500kb/s Download & 386kb/s Upload)
    If you connect too many computers to a Internet source it may fail, especially if your upload bandwidth is low.

After some testing...

Netstats
    TCP 1850
    az.us.istaria.com/ftp

Maximum bandwidth usage (during port to area not in world cache)
    0.03% of 300mbps [my WLAN Link speed, but it still working to compare](according to the Windows Task manager) or about 92kbps (if my math is right). Of course this is just an estimation.
    Average bandwidth usuage: 46.08kbps
    Last edited by Nidhoggr; January 7th, 2009 at 04:32 AM.

Hatchling Dragon of Chaos, following the path of Lunus___ ___DRAG 38 / DCRA 55
    Ofnir, Sslik of Chaos. WAR 14 CLRC 10 MAGE 10 SPRT 14 / OUT 10 ARM 10

it take to turn on a lightbulb?

That's all I could think of as I saw the title...

During normal gameplay (not patching) the client uses a stream of udp packets to a high numbered port on the server (47702 here, that might change slightly each time). Expect to see about 5-20 packets per second at no more than 576 bytes per packet.

There are no TCP connections involved once patching is completed, so there aren't any "connections".

If your wireless is on a busy channel, say, for example, your network is on channel 6, and so are a dozen of your neighbors' networks, you might have trouble with performance. Check your signal strength and network survey. If there's a lot of networks on the same channel, set your access point to a different channel (theres about 12 to choose from). If your signal strength is low, play with the antennas and location of the access point as well as your computer to try and get a better signal.

Thread Information