Thread: Fishing...

Default Fishing...

First the specifics:
    • T1: Minnows - Genevia and Lesser Aradoth
    • T2: Bluegill - Abandoned Island and Scorpion Island (RANT HERE)
    • T3: Bass - Dryart (if there's a second place, never found it)
    • T4: Trout - Dralk, Aiya, and Mia's Edge
    • T5: Mackerel - Spiritous Swamp, Morning Light, Aiya
    • T6: Halibut - Draak

• T1 - Very easy (as it should be for beginners), no issues
    • T2 - See below
    • T3 - Not the best, but relatively painless, see also below
    • T4 - Rather easy, though a bit of a walk if you go to Dralk, head stays above water
    • T5 - Easy, don't even get feet wet
    • T6 - Lots of walking, worse if not attuned to Draak, otherwise easy and feet stay dry

My Issue here are the Bluegills. I have circumnavigated Scorpion Island and all spawns required total submergence and most of the time the Breath Bar was half used by the time I could harvest.

But Abandoned Island has got to be...well it's unspeakable. The first dock, you can pull what's within reach. Second dock...forget it. Same with the spawns on the west end of the island and in the lake...have to use up 33-50% of your Breath Bar before you can even start harvesting. Most frustrating...there were spawns galore in these latter two areas and practically unreachable.

This is slightly an issue with the Dryart Bass spawns, but seems in balance with the tier of the fish. Though if you want to throw real life into this...most fishing that requires total submergence, you have either a snorkel or scuba gear.

I could understand this if is was T5 and or T6 Fish (though at .5% for the ultra rare bonus, and 2.7% for the common bonuses, it's hard enough).

But for a T2 spawn? This is unexceptible...and as someone else laughingly commented in chat, 'by design' is also unexceptible.

So I would really like to see some developer/programmer response on this.

Thank You
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Fishing...

Addition...

Scorpion Island...there are some accessible Bluegills off the docks at Mambo Point, though a good portion of these are inaccessible too...all other Bluegill spawns (I saw only five) requried total submergence.

Would also be curious to know why Fish are treated so differently from other animals and resource nodes? Other than occasional mobs, no other resource I know has this kind of issues. Also, they are like animals, yet they can not be targeted like deer, sheep, cows, etc....that would make them a lot easier than trying to find their spawn point in the water which is made even more difficult by the underlying terrain.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Bluegill off Dalimond coast. Had no problems getting them.

I've had problems with the T4 fish off dralk, lots of submerging.

I've also had problems with the T5 fish on Ice Island. I can't reach any of them.

Bluegill can also be found at the Novo Bay, how I call it. (21004/21259 and 20953/21625) I had there no problem with fishing them with my dragon, I didn't even need to go in the water.

I think fish is threatened like a normal ressource node, like a stone or metal deposit etc. they don't move away from their position (it is just the animation of it that let's you think that).

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I think they have said if you post about fish spawns in a ticket or on the Bugs forums the would look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    Addition...

Scorpion Island...there are some accessible Bluegills off the docks at Mambo Point, though a good portion of these are inaccessible too...all other Bluegill spawns (I saw only five) requried total submergence.

Would also be curious to know why Fish are treated so differently from other animals and resource nodes? Other than occasional mobs, no other resource I know has this kind of issues. Also, they are like animals, yet they can not be targeted like deer, sheep, cows, etc....that would make them a lot easier than trying to find their spawn point in the water which is made even more difficult by the underlying terrain.
    There are lots of spawns at every tier but T6 that you failed to mention. Look around, there are other sources.

Because fish, unlike other animals, are not individual creatures. They are kind of like necroflies (you can't target an individual one).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Bass - try the coast of Mahagra

Thread Information