Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Closed] Spawn rate issues.

Default [Closed] Spawn rate issues.

I could have sworn there was a thread on this already but Im not seeing it so..

I guess I'll start one!

Areas where mobs take a long time to spawn upon entering.

Blizzard Valley, beetles
    There's several dragon related quest that send you here to kill the various types of beetles, the spawn is extremely sparse, in an hour or so I only killed maybe 10 or snow beetles often I had to wait several minutes in an area to have one pop. The same is true for Ice beetles a little further on up the road, tho their spawn is a bit more dense once it does appear.

Slate Crest, slate golems
    The slate golems in the field near this community are extremely sparse, I flew over there to collect comps for some armor I was making and after the first three I killed I had to wait a few minutes for one to spawn just down the cliff from the first ones then nothing...so I flew to the other side near the machine killed the one over there and then nothing else spawned so back to the first area, killed one...ect all in all I waited about 5 mins in each area for more to spawn but found none.

Tazzon Desert, gem golems

This one Im not sure about, as it could have been just me at the time, but the gem golems seem very sparse within the canyons, but they tend to be plentiful in the handful of spawn spots above it. Like I said I might be wrong about this one and was just landing in areas they dont typically spawn at.

Default Re: Spawn rate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    Tazzon Desert, gem golems
    This one Im not sure about, as it could have been just me at the time, but the gem golems seem very sparse within the canyons, but they tend to be plentiful in the handful of spawn spots above it. Like I said I might be wrong about this one and was just landing in areas they dont typically spawn at.

I think they SHOULD be sparse within the canyons. This space is also for crafters to harvest T3 gems. Let them be plentiful around the canyon and some guarding the gems within, but I don't see a need to have a plentiful spawn all over the gems. When I was harvesting there, it was enough to keep you on your toes and awake, yet allow you to harvest what you needed.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Small side note t3 gems: at mahghra are also t3 gem spawna that are unguarded.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Maple treants.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Maple treants.
    Jeeze Dx Yes.

The population of golems on Ice Island used to be richer as well. These days I swear I can drive them to near extinction in under two hours. :E

Umm. I had something else I wanted to mention but my brain just lost it... >.>

The t3 gem golems spawn good whenever I hunt them. I dont go down into the canyons i hunt around the edge making a big circle. However the comp drops are a bit glitchy get a few then nothing for a half hour then back for fifteen ect.

Muslyx

Massive oak treants.

They're hiding, I tell you.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

even from the heather/long walk area? they are all over that place usually.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Most of these spawn issues are not so much that they spawn slowly but that the spawn area is massive and you have to cover a LOT of ground to find them if they dont spawn near you. The treants for example have a spawn area that has to be as big as lesser aridoth.. yet have maybe 20 or 30 treants total in the spawn assorted sapling normal and massive. Same with the gem golems in the valleys.. they seem to be so sparse then you happen on a motherload of gem golems all in one spot. As for the beetles in blizard valley they didnt seem to spawn that slow.. just distant. I had to travel up and down the road to the several different spawn fields to kill them in a timely manner.

So it's not so much they spawn slow, it's that maybe they are too few for the size of the area they live in? Or maybe many people dont realise all the fields that they go to in a linked spawn?

Maybe a limit to the percentage of the number of linked mobs that could spawn in one of the seperate areas in the linked spawn so all of them couldn't be driven into one area? Maybe for example an area with 3 linked areas could have only a maximum of half the total number of linked mobs in any one area? Would assure that at least 2 of the 3 fields would have mobs... if you hunt out one area there will be mobs in another.. if there is a "hidden" area it wont end up hoarding all the mobs?

Soraii

The blizzard valley is definately extreamly sparse, I've gone from one end to the other waiting for several minutes at various points and only saw 3-4 beetles. The same holds true for slate crest, they simply were not spawning. As for the tazoon desert gem golems, it may well have been that the spots I picked the last couple times were where they dont normally spawn, I was working on crafting, it just caught me as odd as the times before that I had ot be careful where I landed in there.

Something has happened to the Yew Treant spawn. It's abysmal now out North of Harro.

I think it's also possible that the maple treant spawn has also diminished (or been moved around).

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Something has happened to the Yew Treant spawn. It's abysmal now out North of Harro.

I think it's also possible that the maple treant spawn has also diminished (or been moved around).
    Nope, neither one was changed.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    The blizzard valley is definately extreamly sparse, I've gone from one end to the other waiting for several minutes at various points and only saw 3-4 beetles. The same holds true for slate crest, they simply were not spawning. As for the tazoon desert gem golems, it may well have been that the spots I picked the last couple times were where they dont normally spawn, I was working on crafting, it just caught me as odd as the times before that I had ot be careful where I landed in there.

Yes, the beetles are nearly extinct, and they seem to take days to respawn after you kill them all off.

Haven't had any problems with the golems, though.

Just a note on these... A location in the area you are talking about, or a more specific mob, or some way of easily helping me to go to where you're talking about would be really helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaquion View Post
    Massive oak treants.

They're hiding, I tell you.
    Nope, they aren't hiding.

They are not as linked region wise as they once were, but I can guarantee that if you move around the area where other treants spawn, you will find them. Anywhere from 10 to 20 of them at a time if you move around enough, actually.

Rezzing an old thread, in a slightly different direction...

I'm working on the Sslanis Militia: Assault on the Deadlands quest. Kill 30 Saris Mummies and kill Lord Bar'Akath.

First, I noticed that the Lord does NOT count as a Saris Mummy for some reason. But, that's besides the point.

The point is, I was able to, within about 5 mins, completely clean out the entire deadlands. I know that I can kill things rather quickly, but I've never been able to clean out an area before. About 5 mins after I killed everything, things started to respawn. I was able to clean it out again, and again, nothing came back for a good 5 mins.

Now, I'm not saying that the area needs to be flooded with monsters. Would make it hard for folk to get up to the temple area, but still, a more steady respawn like other areas would be handy.

Is on Order BTW.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I think this is good to not make the quests overly time consuming by waiting on respawns...BUT, if it were say a rated 22 character, would the respawn rate be sufficient or would it make it too difficult for a low rated player to survive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

named mobs usually do not count toward generic totals.....i was hunting ulmus beets for the sable shores quest and was very surprised to see chompa count as one.....

this i learned with mw and the draggy advent quests.....even named mobs within the level limit do not count, mores the pity...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    Rezzing an old thread, in a slightly different direction...

I'm working on the Sslanis Militia: Assault on the Deadlands quest. Kill 30 Saris Mummies and kill Lord Bar'Akath.

First, I noticed that the Lord does NOT count as a Saris Mummy for some reason. But, that's besides the point.

The point is, I was able to, within about 5 mins, completely clean out the entire deadlands. I know that I can kill things rather quickly, but I've never been able to clean out an area before. About 5 mins after I killed everything, things started to respawn. I was able to clean it out again, and again, nothing came back for a good 5 mins.

Now, I'm not saying that the area needs to be flooded with monsters. Would make it hard for folk to get up to the temple area, but still, a more steady respawn like other areas would be handy.

Is on Order BTW.

I have to add my two coppers worth to this. I did this quest last summer with a mid 20's hatchling on chaos. I was thankful for the slow respawn rates as it gave me a fighting chance to finish the quest.

The mummies in question seem to be linked goups and I would be doing good to kill one and run and hope I got away. I racked up the deathpoints and was glad it wasn't respawned by the time I recalled and ran back. Getting Lord Bar'Akath's group thinned down enough to where I could kill him before dying was a chore.

I did end up waiting on the last mummies for the count and I pounced on them as soon as one showed up before his friends arrived. For me it was still a race to get them before the rest spawned in.

So I would say the milage varies depending on class and skills but that area doesn't need a ramping up on the monster generator in my opinion.

Dracaena

The rate seemed to get a "better" after I'd been there for almost an hour, and had killed off the entire zone 4 or 5 times, with waiting round in between.

When I first made the point, a early 20something would have been able to easily handle the lack of spawn. There was very few mobs anywhere between the main entrance and the temple where the mummies spawn. And, with only 5 of them, with no respawn, a 20something could have pulled them off one at a time to kill. With plenty of safe area to work.

Finally, the spawn picked up again, and would have been hectic for a 20something. I was sitting right next to the temple and had a steady revolving spawn for about 20 mins with constant enemies, including the Lord spawning 2 or 3 times. I finally finished the kill count during the swarming, so I'm not sure how the spawn kept up after I left.

Must have hit a spawn hiccup.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information