Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ressurect Spells

Default Re: Dragon Ressurect Spells

I am not for or against Dragons recieving a rez spell. Personally, I would be more in favor of dragons getting a unque skill, in this case lets call it Birth of the Phoenix, that gives the player a pop up option on death to spend hoard and resurrect themself. Give it two versions both questable. The first one at level 20 and the second at lvl 80. Let the latter version remove the DP but at a steeper hoard cost.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Another dragon res isnt needed. If you grp with dragons you had better know that they arent the masters of ressurection. Players will just need to exercise more caution.

As to the biped vs dragon argument, its been a dead horse for a loong time. The only thing that maybe we can hope for as dragons is some kind of Ancient dragon advancement (yes for ancients as their NEEDS to be some kind of distinction in power between adult and ancient), where perhaps we can improve our base stats, or EARN (yes i mean earn) unique abilities. I had made a suggestion a long time ago about using hoard as a way to earn abilities (the other post had it in much better detail) but Ill take almost anything atm. Afterall ive waited 5 years for something along these lines, whats another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonfyre
    The only thing that maybe we can hope for as dragons is some kind of Ancient dragon advancement (yes for ancients as their NEEDS to be some kind of distinction in power between adult and ancient), where perhaps we can improve our base stats, or EARN (yes i mean earn) unique abilities. I had made a suggestion a long time ago about using hoard as a way to earn abilities (the other post had it in much better detail) but Ill take almost anything atm. Afterall ive waited 5 years for something along these lines, whats another year.
    Ancients do get unique abilities, stat boosts AND added carrying capacity upon gaining ancient status.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    The only thing missing is something from the Missle schools.
    a bow- I want a bow
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Ancients do get unique abilities, stat boosts AND added carrying capacity upon gaining ancient status.
    When it comes to earn i mean more along the lines of lvling something in order to gain abilities. Only unique ability is a rez and a new breath wpn. The spiked scales and drain strike I wouldnt call unique. They are simply upgrades to existing abilities nothing else. Im looking for somethng that will allow us to imrpove our base stats besides tps and quest. Somethng that perhaps we could grind away in order to improve our dragon. For the most part though adult and ancient dragons are so close in terms of power there is hardly any difference between them at all.

The meh, so-so ancients are due to the fact that the adult and ancient life stages were made so easy to achieve. Run here and there, kill some stuff, voila, Ancient in a couple of months.

Some of us oldbies wanted dragons to be flimsy paper weak as hatchlings, on par with bipeds as adults, and the epitome of power at ancient. We also wanted the requirements for real-time play significantly higher. There were supposed to only be a few true dedicated dragons that would achieve ancient. That all went out the window as requirements were lowered, hoard changes, etc., etc., to make them more accessible.

In my view, the more you give younger dragons, the more watered down you make Ancient.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; January 21st, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    I am not for or against Dragons recieving a rez spell. Personally, I would be more in favor of dragons getting a unque skill, in this case lets call it Birth of the Phoenix, that gives the player a pop up option on death to spend hoard and resurrect themself. Give it two versions both questable. The first one at level 20 and the second at lvl 80. Let the latter version remove the DP but at a steeper hoard cost.
    Out of all the ideas and stuff...this one I think is probably the best. While a Phoenix and Dragon are two different beings entirely, the premise certainly makes sense as something applicable and entirely unique to Dragons.

I would go so far as to suggest it is something gained every 20 levels, each with an increasing hoard cost and similarly to the tiered rez spells, an increasing percentage of health when the ability is used. With only the final, 100th level version capable of returning Dragon not only to full health, but eliminating the DP...but with a commsurate increase in hoard cost.

I would also suggest, that unlike a lot of other abilities that overwrite each other when the next higher is gained, all are kept, similiar to Cloak of Thorns for Druid, but with linked timers.

Just my input...but it would definately be something very unique and valuable to any hunting party.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
    This is the MOST ridiculus idea yet. Not only do you want a Rez ability/spell but you also want it to be able to cast it on yourself. Healers do not get the ability to cast the Superior Rez on themselves but of course lets let a Dragon do this.

Wow, I really quite like that idea. Although, it would be a -very- powerful ability, so maybe it could be obtained more level 50 or 60ish. It could even be a once-a-day use ability so that dragons don't become immune to death, because I agree that that would be unfair on the biped races. :P 24 hour recycle?

Healers do not get the ability to cast the Superior Rez on themselves but of course lets let a Dragon do this.
    But can't phoenixes be classified as a type of dragon? I've seen at places. XD

Though I do clearly see where you're coming from, it's not that ridiculous an idea. It does have a clear distinction between dragon and biped. And so long as it would be very hard to get a hold of. With a looooooong recycle and a high hoard cost. And maybe without the DP-lift. I think it could possibly work.

Hey, you could even venture so far as to suggest that a dragon can only use it's self-rez when grouped with a biped/dragon with a rez. Maybe just a biped. So that would encourage grouping with healers. I don't know if it would actually be workable in-game though. :O

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    We don't have a Phoenix in Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    This is the MOST ridiculus idea yet. Not only do you want a Rez ability/spell but you also want it to be able to cast it on yourself. Healers do not get the ability to cast the Superior Rez on themselves but of course lets let a Dragon do this.
    This was merely a suggestion. As I said I really don't care I play a biped most of the time. As for the name it was random. I could have easily called it Blessing of the Torch, Devine Flame, or how about Severing the Tethers of Death.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Personally, I think the dragons could use a resurrect spell of some sort... Masters of primal, right? THough I'd rather see some other spells first. Like that new Promote spell that's on Blight right now.
    <----clicky!

We don't have a Phoenix in Game.
    Debatable. :P The features most commonly associated with Phoenixes are that they are creatures of flame, often bird like, and they rise again after death.

A Gifted dragon is a creature of flame, bird like, and rises again after death. X3

So I could say that actually we have a lot of Phoenixes in game. :P

Irrelevant though, really.

Personally, I think the dragons could use a resurrect spell of some sort... Masters of primal, right? THough I'd rather see some other spells first. Like that new Promote spell that's on Blight right now.
    There's a new spell out? I'll hafta take a looksee sometime.

I would still really like dragon-sized spell visuals. Casting on a biped looks great, but adult and ancient drags still have itty-bitty sparklies. X3 The dragon cake stuff makes a nice dragon-sized effect. I wonder if the devs can do the same with spellcasting.

Totally off-topic now. XD

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    Debatable. :P The features most commonly associated with Phoenixes are that they are creatures of flame, often bird like, and they rise again after death.

A Gifted dragon is a creature of flame, bird like, and rises again after death. X3

So I could say that actually we have a lot of Phoenixes in game. :P

Irrelevant though, really.
    This is NOT debatable. There is NOT a Phoenix in this game. If you can show me even ONE Phoenix in this game then we could talk. It is only Irrelevant on your part since it doesn't help you in any argument standpoint. It is quite relevant for me since one does not exist.

I have pondered the idea of a 24 hour recycle, self ressurection ability. I think healers should get it, I really do. It also shouldn't master, while we're on that topic.

I do not find that overpowering. I really don't.

As for dragons, maybe, but again I'd say Ancient only...and the goal of this thread is to gain a way to do it prior to ancienthood. Doing so makes the primal ressurection less important.

The hoard cost by the way would truly have to be monumental. I would hope it would be *optional* lest some dragons hoard dwindle and a new thread would start begging for it to change or go away><.

Again, I repeat. You can't always have something for nothing. What should be nerfed to gain such a wonderful feat?

Also a self ressurection ability has some serious flaws. It makes gruoping even less important. Those like myself who die rarely(if playing conservatively) will never need to run/fly back out to a point. This makes player death even less of a worry.

Do I think it would be awesome? Most definitely. I want that to be known. Do I think it will be implemented? Likely not, though maybe for a healer. it is their job to keep everyone else up and fighting afterall.

Phoenix topic: There are many refferences and symbolism depicting a phoenix in Istaria. Gifted rise from the ashes. Dragons are born of fire. Virtrium deemed it's first year with Istaria as the year of the phoenix. There certainly is merit in naming an ability such a thing. I'm sure most can see that, perhaps not all as some posts have already reminded us. There is no phoenix in game. True enough.

There are also no gods in game yet people get abilites from them.

Alas, the topic is veering off a cliff.

I shall stop whilst I am still trying to not derail. Dragon rez sooner? I hope not, but again if one person's opinion controlled everyting, 'twould truly suck for all.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

No way should dragons get a self rez ability. Im sorry its just ridiculous. The one rez we have is enough, though the timer needs to be reduced.

my 2 cents:
    -cleric is only class that can get rez- paladin and healer dont count cause they are prestige classes and already you need cleric to get to those classes.
    -only about...12 classes out fo the 29 can usem, non else
    -dragons have one that removes dp, done set be satisfied but timer can be lowered a bit maybe 45min but no lower than 30min.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    my 2 cents:
    -cleric is only class that can get rez- paladin and healer dont count cause they are prestige classes and already you need cleric to get to those classes.
    But at least, you can get them. And by only leveling like 30 levels if I'm not mistaking.

Dragon? Got to wait 80 levels before getting their rez.

Personally, I'm for a smaller, resurrection spell. No death point removal, 15% HP recovery and 50% longer than the equivalent cleric spells. And for the dragon? An hoard cost which is HP based to have adult (or hatchling) able to cast it.

Though I would prefer to have this ability given to a second dragon adventurer school in order to give dragon more level to fight for. As of right now, once you hit level 100, it's game over reward wise for adventurer. That would give an opportunity to give both.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

To be honest, I don't need my existing rez often enough to justify another lesser rez. I only need to fire it during Elial and Fafnir. That's it. Any other time, I or my partner died because of our own carelessness but all we lost was the time to return to the battle. I wouldn't mind having a lesser rez, but I'm not willing to argue in favor for it.

I'm going to go ahead and start this paragraph off by saying that I'm going to go ahead and start this paragraph off by saying a super self-rez for dragons (or bipeds) should not be. As much as I would like to be able to pick myself up during a rough battle, this suggestion is an extreme that would defenestrate game balance hard enough that the crashing sound would make my neighbors call the police. There's another MMO that shall remain nameless which does have self-rezes. None of them are super rezes that completely undo the effects of death. They require certain conditions to use and bring you back with just a tiny bit of HP and MP. Yet, they're still extremely useful without being game breaking.

But even a regular self-rez for dragons doesn't make much sense. In that other MMO, they're used almost exclusively so the group doesn't have to run all the way back to wherever they died. Returning to wherever you were in this other game can take a very long time so being able to recover from a wipe is a valuable ability. That isn't a problem for dragons since we can fly over anything that might be in our way. There is only one place in the entire game where we can't fly and I can't see justification to make a spell for just that one rarely visited region that has a grand total of 5 mobs worth fighting.

Originally Posted by Dragoniade:
    But at least, you can get them. And by only leveling like 30 levels if I'm not mistaking.
    OK, lets try this again.
    Not all biped classes can rez, (Usable By: Blood Mage, Cleric, Druid, Guardian, Healer, Paladin, Ranger, Reaver, Shaman, Spirit Disciple, Spiritist, Storm Disciple, of these classes only three get the life school) and by saying all you have to do is get 10 levels of cleric just showcases a lack of information. Here’s an example: I'm playing a mage, I have a 181 rating, I have healer and cleric at 100. I’m with my buddy Moregoth who has a 278 rating, all classes to 100, he is playing a berzerker. Altair is with us, he is our healer with a 100 cleric, and we have Malachite, who is a lvl 100 ancient dragon. We go out to Elnath to gather red vex fringes, we have a bad pull, Altair gets killed and needs a rez. Guess who can rez him. I’ll give a hint, she has more than two legs. Now the argument is ‘but, bipeds can just yadda yadda and get it’. well, all a dragon has to do is level and they will have it. Its free. But apparently its not enough. Its still more than what over half of the biped classes get, though. Shouldn’t warriors get a rez too? Just a little one… what about all the arcane schools? None of them get a rez either. How about we just make a ’gifted rez’ and let every class have it at lvl 1, like sprint.
    ‘Dragons only get one class’ doesn’t carry any weight for an argument. Many people who play bipeds do not play mystics because they made a choice not to, just as a dragon player made a choice to play a dragon. The player made a decision to play a race based on its abilities. I chose a saris because of all the races it was the one that appealed to me. In making that decision I gave up on getting some of the best racial abilities in the game. We make choices. I made a choice, you made a choice. Dragons are not weak or underpowered by any means. I had to put my dragon up on blocks for five weeks after I hit 100 before I could start my AROP, and I am mostly a solo hunter. Dragons are the most versatile single class in the game, hands down. And like Silverblaze, I dread the day when the pendulum swings back.
    Originally Posted by Drevar :
    The only thing missing is something from the Missle schools.
    Nope, not missing at all… we have dragon’s reach.
    Last edited by Trust; January 23rd, 2009 at 02:42 AM.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Thread Information