Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alternate use for Hoard Items

Default Re: Alternate use for Hoard Items

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden View Post
    Perhaps I was unclear. Creatures that drop dragon haord items must have gathered them from????
    The same argument could be made for forms and techs...where did the beetles pick up all those forms?

Drev

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

unsuccessful adventurers?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden View Post
    Again, game mechanics that detract from lore.
    Sometimes lore and story have to take a backseat to gameplay.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Oh... I thought you said LOVE and story, and it was therefore some kind of back seat of the car joke.

But to reinforce your point, let us not forget that if everything made "sense", players would die much faster, loot would be boring and mostly useless, and tiny crystals would NOT be able to power up weapons and armor...

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Sometimes lore and story have to take a backseat to gameplay.
    There are always ways to fit game mechanics into lore, even if by resorting to an after-the-fact one-paragraph explanation article.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    There are always ways to fit game mechanics into lore, even if by resorting to an after-the-fact one-paragraph explanation article.
    Thats not what I meant. What I meant was that sometimes lore cannot determine mechanics. Sometimes it has to be the other way around.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Little Cerridwin places her [Barasavian Crown] upon her head, looks into her [Exquisite Mirror], then tilts the crown just a bit. Smiling at her own reflection, she snatches her [brass sceptor] and gives the [exquisite orb] a swift smack, sending it flying...

Oh...that isn't the "alternate uses" to which you refer...

I have a couple of biped alts, (you probably don't know them), and they are never upset to get hoard items. They simply place them in guild storage for little Cerridwin or for Aine (who, despite her advanced age, actually needs them more than Cerri does. Cerri had a generous ameo! ) Likewise, Aine and Cerri store biped forms and such for their two-legged counterparts.

All well and good when I just trade with myself, of course...but perhaps trades between (non-related) bipeds and dragons would seem more fair if prices were applied to hoard items? As someone mentioned, people raid (raided? Are said to have raided?) dragon caves for the value inherent in the stolen hoard...

Thread Information