Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New portal and pad on Drakul

Default New portal and pad on Drakul

Hrrrm, new guild community portal. I'm still wondering if you could re-evaluate the portal that was added to drakul in the last telta and maybe move it and it's landing pad into the north east corner of drakul then a simple landing pad added to the kir-drakul guild community specifically. As there is a Gate somewhat nearby a gate is not required at that guild community just the arrival pad. And I still think that new portal/pad is oddly located as it is nearly directly between the existing pad and portal on drakul I'm thinking a better place for an "improved place for the pad/ring* would have placed the pad and ring combo between Incignat/Nu'delak/Sylrak and just a landing pad and no portal at the Drakul guild town somewhere near 17400/29000 which would end up covering the isle of Drakul in a large Triangular coverage area taking in to account the existing transport layout and building on it as well as providing the guild town specifically with a landing pad.

I am just asking that the location on Drakul be re-evaluated before that pad is brought live... dont re-evaluate it in respect to just the island but re-evaluate it in respect to the existing portal and landing pad as well for increasing the coverage not just making what's there of less use. With the placement you have.. the existing portal will be of diminished value.

That suggested placement of pads/teleport rings would basically almost place the landing pads in a large equilatteral triangle for island coverage and I personally feel would be better Coverage... I in fact made a couple of images to show this....

First the Delta that you have it.

Then My Suggestion.

Basically layed out to include the existing pad in the considered coverage.

Soraii

Default Re: New portal and pad on Drakul

What your pretty yellow rings don't take into account is the terrain in that area and the actual technical "stuff" behind the scenes of the new locations of the portals.

What existed before (labeled "existing pad" in your pictures) serves the purpose of getting people to and from the resources that are near there.

I appreciate the time that it took you to come up with the plan and reasoning, but for now the new additions are going to remain where they are.

*nods* The technical stuff behind the game I dont know alot about no, however terrain wasnt so much of an issue in my thought behind it because, well for the most part except for the hatchlings we can fly..

The Yellow rings were just thare for relative distances if nothing else, to make where the pads are located more visible.

I appreciate the addition as it is Just hoping it's not going to be a call it good and not look at it again type thing

Soraii

i like the locations.. but i have no idea how the terrain and w/e works but would be good places

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Tagath's had the opportunity to run Drakul. He was able to run from the current pad ALMOST to the current portal (only had to be protected from all those golems in the snow). The southern proposed one will not work there because, well, it's predominantly vertical cliff, denoted in orange. The brown areas are flatland. As for hatchlings, that particular area of runnable flats isn't well connected to anything, so it'd be a jump off into the water.

As for the proposed one encircling Sylrak, I'd recommend moving it up the mountain onto the snowy bluff to the southwest. It's the same level as the beetles and much closer to everything at top. Granted, you'd have to drop down to get to the golems, but that's not as much issue as trying to go up vertical cliffs.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

will bipeds be able to use the new port pad / portal?
    *wonders if it is safe for gnomes to construct them, or if the gnomes are eaten when the job is done to remove all trace of bipeds from the island*

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    will bipeds be able to use the new port pad / portal?
    *wonders if it is safe for gnomes to construct them, or if the gnomes are eaten when the job is done to remove all trace of bipeds from the island*
    I hope not. Drakul is supposed to be a Dragon only island.

then as a gnome, i say let the dragons build their own bloody portal
    *harumphs off, angry at the exclusion*

/rant on
    the dragons get views of the land bipeds will never have and can reach mountaintops bipeds cannot climb.
    portal science is attributed to gnomes; anywhere a portal is built, bipeds should have access since that is where the know-how comes from.
    just where in the land can bipeds go that dragons cannot?? this is not game balance, it is exclusivity.
    /rant off
    Last edited by awdz; February 7th, 2009 at 09:12 PM.

OH NO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    OH NO!!!!!!

That thing made my day

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    then as a gnome, i say let the dragons build their own bloody portal
    *harumphs off, angry at the exclusion*

/rant on
    the dragons get views of the land bipeds will never have and can reach mountaintops bipeds cannot climb.
    portal science is attributed to gnomes; anywhere a portal is built, bipeds should have access since that is where the know-how comes from.
    just where in the land can bipeds go that dragons cannot?? this is not game balance, it is exclusivity.
    /rant off
    You can make a lvl 1 hatchie and do the attunement quest with no problems. It is just an island that is not such a big deal, there is anyway nothing interesting on it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i am catching just the faintest gross whiff of another 'who's better and gets more goodies' argument.........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I really dont care who can go to Drakul, I am just wanting it as accessable as other places. Currently you have an area bigger then lesser aridoth, with one landing pad and one portal. As it is the plan they are adding a portal and landing pad between the existing pad and portal. Yes the southern one I suggested is down on the beach on the southern side... but that's where the guild comunity is, I wasnt much looking for passability from one side of the island to the other on foot, as there isnt that to begin with really, but to place a landing pad at approximatly equil distances around the island to provide better accessability.

I layed out my thoughts around a couple things...

1)existing landing pad and portal
    2)guild community without a fast way to get there
    3)the noth end of drakul.

*shrugs*

Heck I am not even in any of the guilds anymore to get a Kir'Drakul guild lair so this will be my last post on the subject.

---
    Soraii/Alaysar

Actually I think it was the fiends who are behind the Portal technology if I remember my lore correctly.

Soraii, for a revision to an idea being implemented on Blight, you made excellent suggestions.

I've just had a bug up my shorts about bipeds being excluded from the land since it started, and now to give the creatures who can *fly* over obstacles easier access *through technology created by bipeds* to areas where bipeds are excluded from makes no sense to me. In my opinion, if there's a port pad/portal, bipeds should have access. If it is only accessible by flight, then it makes more sense to be dragon only. Hatchlings are simply out of luck until they ascend - call it additional incentive to do the RoP.

Arguments to the contrary will not change my mind, so I will not rant in this thread again.

My understanding is dragons learned the technology from the fiends which is how the set up a portal to Draak. In fact said portal was run by a dragon untill draak fell. I see no reason why this should be any different. Furthermore if my understanding of the lore is correct some dragons tend to be somewhat xenophobic, especially those of the Lunus faction, thus why they made a portal to a remote island and why that portal can only be reached thru Dralk.

If an island full of nothing but lairs bothers you that baddly awdz, why not make a sugestion in the sugestion forums for a bi-ped only island that's "to far away for dragons to fly to" ?

What's bothering me is there are a lot of dragons who uses lore to get more stuff, be it abilities, spells, portals, anything. And when a 'ped starts doing the same he's getting attacked.

If we want to use lore, it is said that Lunus have a close bond with Fiends ; that's why the Dralk community lair is connected to Kirasanct Tundra. Then I don't get why Fiends wouldn't be allowed to port to Drakul.

edit : also, it's not a Lunus-only island. Helians can go live there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    If an island full of nothing but lairs bothers you that baddly awdz, why not make a sugestion in the sugestion forums for a bi-ped only island that's "to far away for dragons to fly to" ?
    First, It is not an island with nothing but lairs. There are mobs and resources on that island also.

Second, If you are suggesting limits on Dragons with your "to far away for dragons to fly to", that would be ok with me. Finally, someone coming up with ideas that Dragons should be limited and not the always the give me more attitude.

No one ever said it was Lunus only, only that hard-core Lunus dragons have very little desire to be anywhere near bipeds.

The only reason that great empty isalnd is there in the first place is to provide another place for dragons to take up a lair. Because of the terrain, it takes /forever/ to walk anywhere or build anything. There's no landscape especially interesting. The only usefully placed resource is the essence, and more than half the time it's easier to go to the yew fields.

So unless you've the urge to waste your time trying to traverse mostly vertical terrain or explore lairs, there's nothing out there for bipeds. And if you're going to use the excuse that there might be t6 shops out there, I know for a fact, there's at least two lairs on Order - almost three - that already have such machines built. If memory serves, there's one on Chaos as well. Blight might be the only exception.

Of course, there's always the option of making a dragon as Takora pointed out. :P

Lol @ you guys

A biped only island could certainly be made, seperated by lack of land meaning it cannot be flown too, just like you can see Skalkaar west from new trismus but theres a 1500 M gap that cannot be flown across.

Be fine with me.

Portals on the island by no means should be construed as to = bipeds must be allowed. Plenty of lore in game (see dragon side of Draak attunement quest for one, possibly only the helian side) that states Dragons know all about teleporter technology, regardless if they originally created it or not.

Thread Information