Thread: Adventure expansion

Lightbulb Adventure expansion

I've been trying to think of other ideas to add to the adventure side of Istaria and here's one of them...

Adventure IMO is boring at high levels of the game, you either look to level another school or hunt an Epic mob...that's it! So I've been trying to think of what would make me want to go out and hunt the WA??? And then it hit me!

What do you think of the idea of having an "Imperial Ranking" as to how much WA you've rid of in the world of Istaria?? i.e. the more mobs and what type of mob you kill, the higher your ranking.

The ranking would give you a buff that could be school based, stat based or whatever depending on the type of mob you kill. Over time your buff from your rank would decay if you did not continue the "ongoing battle" against the WA. (The type of ranks, buffs and other stuff can be tweaked as needed.) Another plus side to this... you won't need to have a 160 Adventure rating to fight the WA. You could simply group up with others, since it would not be xp based, go on about getting your Imperial Ranking as a group.

The whole point in bringing this type of adventuring would be to rid the monotonous hunting going on now to either level your school, hunt a comp or hunt an epic mob. I think this idea would very much so promote group-hunting and side step the "need" for those other leveling of schools(out of shear boredom) if it is something that can be acquired without having xp be an issue.

The bottom line being...everybody loves stats...what better way to gain some stats than thru killing in an ongoing battle with your guildmates and not worry who's getting the most xp out of the deal... its a win-win for the whole party!

This idea can be expanding several ways...big question is...Is it feasible?

All suggestions are welcome!!
    Fierce Wyrm, The Annatar, Order Shard
    100 Adventure, Crafter and Lairshaper/Hoard 51 mil

Default Re: Adventure expansion

And thinking even further with it...

The WA mob type your group is hunting drops a comp that everybody in the group gets, redeemable at certain trainers depending on the comp for some type of food/potion that will give the buff.

I like this concept and interestingly those group hunts will bring on death points for sure and give confectioners more to do..

Knossos

Or you could look at it as trying to get enough exp in a class to get to level 101!

Perhaps you get a title based on the % exp you have to 101.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I like the ranking idea.

Rewarding percentage to 101 is a somewhat decent idea, but focuses on pure grinding.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

the more mobs and what type of mob you kill, the higher your ranking.
    Anyway you look at it, it's still grinding.

So it's either put in a quest guy that you turn in x # of kills for (without trophy reward but to get your "ranking" up), or create a system to "rank" based on kills once past level 100, or use % to 101.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I'm thinking of a buff/reward tied with your ranking. So reward the group with a certain comp the whole group will get, or use some kind of evenly split xp the whole group gets.

Or reward the current school you are in... Mage for instance... 1st tier buff would be something like +50 Flame, 2nd tier +100 flame and so on

i really like the idea of something that you have to actively keep up, though i'm not sure i'd want it tied to character capability vs. a title only (badge) thing.

it sounds like a really cool way to promote group hunts independent of how close people's levels are - this would be wonderful for guild hunts/activities.

What I would like to see, is reallly really rare drops one might have to scour the landscape to aquire. Doesnt have to be better then any epics maybe just on par with crafted at the levels.. And Likely attuned on loot so you could not buy them and would have to be there when they dropped.

I would.. (yes this is right out of another game I played on) place them on level appropriate named mobs at a VERY low chance of dropping... kinda like the collectable hoard... but usefull.

A reason to hunt... scouring the lands for that mythical item that you heard about... and yes.. dragon items too not just the biped stuff out there >_>

---
    Soraii / Alaysar

Thread Information