Thread: Patching

Default Patching

Bah! Why does there have to be PROGRESS made on the game? Honestly, I'm sitting here downloading files instead of playing and it seems like a frightful waste if you ask me! D:<

(P.S. This rant is just in fun. I'm actually pleased that things have changed since I left, even if it does mean I'm stuck here for 6 hours waiting :P)

Default Re: Patching

Did you download the game from the website? Or did you install from a CD? Cause it might actually be quicker if you downloaded it (since that is mostly up to date) and then patched.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Did you download the game from the website? Or did you install from a CD? Cause it might actually be quicker if you downloaded it (since that is mostly up to date) and then patched.
    Arg, don't tell me that NOW!

Actually, I had a recent version as of about a year ago, but since I have to start Istaria: CotG from the website, and since I reformatted my computer yet kept the files, it doesn't actually recognize the game as being installed. I figured the fastest way was just to install from my CD and let the patcher update from there, but clearly I was wrong. Now I'm 6000 out of 9000 files of the way through patching (eyetwitch) anyway though.

Furthermore, I wanted to install from the CD so I could feel special, like I was an oldbie from way back when rather than some guy who just downloaded the game now.

I guess I should have asked first, huh? >_<

There is an easy fix if you have the game still installed but the patcher doesn't recognize it. Move the game folder away from the game directory, just drop it on the desktop. Install the game from CD and drop the folder on it. The patcher makes then quick the rest.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Yeah actually, I thought of that just now... way too late. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what I did before when a similar issue happened, but now I'm too late to do anything about it. Oh well...

Thread Information