Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Racial sequestered areas

Default Re: Racial sequestered areas

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    We'd have to do it multiple times over a period of even intervals and get an average to verify it exactly. But there do generally tend to be more dragons running around. Especially when you're not looking at races but classes. I bet there are more dragons than confectioners, for instance. :P

~Galde
    Considering Dragons only have 2 craft schools and Bipeds have so many - that is not a comparison you can make. My information is still correct. There are NOT more Dragons than Bipeds.

Just did another Search: 27 players, 13 Dragons - 14 Bipeds

Yeah it is a comparison I can make, because I just made it. It might not be an incredibly fair comparison, but either is saying there are more bipeds from two searches on the same day. You need more evidence than that too. :P

Besides, it doesn't really matter how fair my comparison is. If there's more of one class than another, in general, that means there's more of one class than another. That's what matters really. :P

~Galde
    Last edited by Galdethriel; February 13th, 2009 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    ok then, that being the case, why does it provoke such a strong response when someone suggests that the equation be balanced, and bipeds be given game-critical needs which may only be filled by dragons?
    No idea. I happen to like that idea, and you can bet that any quest I write for a biped epic spell is going to require focused azulyte or a set of teched scales or talking to Valkoth (payback for Akhanis - I'm thinking he would sound something like R. Lee Ermey...) somewhere in the course of it.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    Yeah it is a comparison I can make, because I just made it. It might not be an incredibly fair comparison, but either is saying there are more bipeds from two searches on the same day. You need more evidence than that too. :P

Besides, it doesn't really matter how fair my comparison is. If there's more of one class than another, in general, that means there's more of one class than another. That's what matters really. :P

~Galde
    And this is a comparison that I can make also. At any given time there are more Biped confectioners online than ANY Dragon confectioners. It is also a comparison because I just made it.

Another search: 32 players, 13 Dragons - 19 Bipeds

(Will stop my searchs at this point)

Well yeah, that's a comparison, but it completely overlooks the point because...

...well, of COURSE there's more biped confectioners than dragon confectioners... there ARE no dragon confectioners. XD

That's the whole point. Helpful schools belong to bipeds. Like confectioner and alchemist, as has been said, rendering them more helpful or having a greater potential to be helpful than dragons. :P

We're just going round in circles. XD

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    No idea. I happen to like that idea, and you can bet that any quest I write for a biped epic spell is going to require focused azulyte or a set of teched scales or talking to Valkoth (payback for Akhanis - I'm thinking he would sound something like R. Lee Ermey...) somewhere in the course of it.
    I wonder why then are not the DC and SB epic quest are modified to require dragon stuff... (I know the devs are busy but maybe consider this for the future when you guys have not so much on your plate to work.)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

According to Delta 159, the DC epic quest will be revamped.

"Taming the Cyclone" quest gives the Dark Cyclone formula. This is a temporary fix pending a revamp of the quest.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    I wonder why then are not the DC and SB epic quest are modified to require dragon stuff... (I know the devs are busy but maybe consider this for the future when you guys have not so much on your plate to work.)
    Because they are super low priority, LO didn't write them, and we've got tons and tons of things to do. The whole cross-race issue in quests... Not sure I'm for it or against it. But doing it just for the sake of some undefined concept of "balance" isn't good.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 13th, 2009 at 07:03 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The spirit isle is the biped start zone while skalkaar is the dragon zone I am guessing because both have completely different play systems, so two different tutorials required... It is not so much race as it is the game mechanics behind one race vs the others. Just my two cents.

anypoops, continue on with discussion as normal...

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    The spirit isle is the biped start zone while skalkaar is the dragon zone I am guessing because both have completely different play systems, so two different tutorials required... It is not so much race as it is the game mechanics behind one race vs the others. Just my two cents.

anypoops, continue on with discussion as normal...
    i believe the main source of whining about racial areas is that Dragons have the entire island of Drakul to themselves. This was necessary when lairs were added to the game, as there is not enough space on the mainland for enough lairs to support the dragon population. Since the addition drakul and lairs, drakul has gained some rather nice T5 resource and mob spawns. Now that these spawns exist, certain biped players believe they are "entitled" access to the island, because they want those spawns (even though they cannot reach them without hours of walking and climbing. Even flying, most of those resources take several minutes to reach.)

really it's just a bunch of whining about nothing: There are much more reachable and practical resources, especially if one is landbound. It's just a set of palyers wanting to say "ohohoho! we can go there too! look at us being important and making the game flat and boring!"

I can't really support you either way Shur because I don't know the backstory behind Drakul (I came to HZ, it was just there, just because XD ) but it sounds reasonable enough I guess.

Seriously though, bipeds do have two biped islands... :3

So there's really no need for too much fuss either way.

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Hmm, Drakul, Serenity and Aedan. Other small Islands scattered about.
    As I pointed out earlier. Dragons have more than two Islands.

Bipeds can't get there too?

~Galde

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

nope, gald, peds can't get to the dragon guild islands, and that's alright by me.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Oh... o.o I'm sorry, didn't realise that. XD

Well, I guess my argument is kinda invalid if that's the case. I'm still gonna say, though, that its a lore thing. :P Dragons are a strange and isolated species and that's what defines them from the others. :P And we all know that bipeds are clever and versatile, hence all their possible skills. Can't we just leave it like that?

~Galde

You are probably right, but the fact remains that way before the implementation of lairs the total landmass of the world of Istaria doubled. So that many biped plots could be implemented. In fact that made the total of biped island vs dragon island : MANY vs NONE.
    The fact that dragons could visit is not the point, the fact that various mobs and resources mosty found on the mainland of Istaria are there as well also is not the point.
    The fact that at that time it was only usefull for Bipeds because of the plots that were present is.

(General comment)
    Indeed now the world of Istaria has grown again to place the lairs the dragons have longed for for soo long. So live with that. Learn to live with the fact that not every place will be accesable for all, not only through a portal, but also by way of walking. Drakul had a whole lot of mountains as it should be and as such will be very hard for bipeds to walk around.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Serenity and Aedan are dragon lair only Islands, there aren't even ressources on them. On Serenity area few fishes for eyecandy in the lake, but there are better fish spawns out there than there.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

what would a biped do on those islands if they could go there? As takora pointed out, the islands contain nothing but lairs. No resources, no mobs, just lairs.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; February 15th, 2009 at 02:51 AM.

I just looked and on Serenity is just minnow (t1 fish), and that is anyway so deep in the lake that you would probably drown before you get it. Anyway there are better minnow spawns out there.

As a biped with 7 level 100 adventuring schools, several 90+ crafting schools, and almost 3 years playing time, I must say that there are many, many areas of Istaria that I have yet to visit. Too many areas to be worried about access to the dragon guild islands.

Looking at the map just yesterday, I was suprised at the number of locations I've never been; from many of the guild islands, locations across southern Adaroth, the eastern reaches of Spiritous swamp, even Fabric Isle. The more places I count, the more I find that I've never visted, some I haven't even come close to.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Thread Information