Thread: New Players

Hybrid View

Default New Players

I want to see and know what they are doing for more players. I miss running around and seeing other toons. I really like this game, and I think they need to get the word out on this game. I played 1 other warhammer and it did not even compare to this game.
    100 lv Palidin/Spiritist/Druid/Healer/Mage/Wizard/Conjurer and 1 day Monk

Default Re: New Players

The problem facing new players at this time is Vista.... Horizons isn't really Vista compatable. Yes, there are work arounds but it seems they do not always work. One of my friends for example, tried for a week before finally giving up. A lot of older players will say "okay, this game is worth it" and try to get it working. Where as a lot of new players just looking to check it out will regard this as unnessisary hassle and move on to other games. It is unfortunate.

I do believe the devs are trying for a Vista fix, and to that end are making progress. Though I can not say for sure. Until then....actively trying to draw new players to a game that most of them would not be able to play would cause more harm then good I think. As much as I would love to see new people running around too....
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Yes, if I remember correctly the devs have stated that they will work on drawing new players once the Vista fix is out, among other things (The new launcher comes to mind).
    As cool as it would be to see even more new players, they need to get these issues fixed before they can start a real campagin to get new people playing.

(Also, where did other PCs being called 'toons' come from? I've never heard it till I started playing Horizons/Vista)

i think it mainly came from WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    i think it mainly came from WoW.
    Its use in the Horizons community pre-dates the release of WoW by over a year. It is probably an Everquest thing.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

the stuff online you can find about "toon" as a reference about an online character is from Everquest from what i can tell, it had to do with the "cartoonish" way characters looked.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Thread Information