Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Player Tips and Hints

Default Re: Load Screen Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Gengel View Post
    Dragons - The other white meat
    Naka duskael: a healthy part of a dragon's diet.

Moving on, I don't know much about the reqs for biped classes but wanted to suggest perhaps a blurb about what you need to join each prestige class?

Gnome hoard - because sometimes dragons deserve a little revenge! <This can be taken multiple ways, depending on your perspective>

Prestige classes are an elite blend of base classes. Usually they require working up to twenty levels of each of the base classes before you can join the school. For example, Ranger requires skills in nature and bow, attainable through the Druid and Scout schools. Talk to the prestige class trainer to learn the requirements.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Awdz' cooking is a blast! (Yes, another Order-specific one).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down and have a good meal.

A well-fed zombie warrior is a happy zombie warrior

Gruok like to store shiny objects in their belly pouches, which is why they are the only Istarian animal to drop coins.

In order to fight the lesser maggot, you must become the lesser maggot.

Did you know... that some of the buildings in Mahagra are decorated with artworks stolen from Kion centuries ago?

Did you know... that the trees in Selen Forest grew from seeds that the elven people brought with them from the eastern continent?

Did you know... that the creation of Tazoon marked the first time the races of Istaria worked together in peace?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

• Stay away from water. It hates you.
    • Don't be fooled by their innocent expressions, chickens are cold-blooded killers.
    • Keep walking, little gnome. That dragon-shaped shadow over you is just a cloud...
    • If you see some adventurers giggling, acting bizarrely and running around in circles, don't worry. This is just temporary crafting insanity, brought on by far too much resource hauling.
    • If it's bigger than you, meaner than you, and doesn't like you, you probably shouldn't throw rocks at it.
    • "Heartshadow was here!" <-- I dare you to put that in

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Gruok like to store shiny objects in their belly pouches, which is why they are the only Istarian animal to drop coins.
    This was changed in the February content patch. I don't know if it applies to all gruoks or just the Bloodsnouts for the time being, although the T1 gruoks (Kion) also don't drop coin.

Bloodsnout Gruoks no longer drop coin
    Last edited by Creme; March 21st, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

clarification: The tips are chosen randomly during teleport, along with random images. They are not used during game launch.

The initial loading screen [and for 5 minutes after game launch] will be the current event image/text.

"Reduce, Reuse, Reanimate... - Aegis Waste Management."

((From Tamaracaran and Silithus XD))

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh
    The initial loading screen [and for 5 minutes after game launch] will be the current event image/text.
    Is this a possible maximum of 5 minutes or is this a fixed amount of time now for the game to launch/load?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

It's assumed that within 5 minutes of launch, the loadscreen will have been displayed.

The intention is that the first load always shows the startup event image. It has nothing to do with how long the game spends on the loading screen.

Gruok - spell it out.. Gee, Are You OK ?
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

(ROFL Arietna!)

Need help keeping things organized in your inventory/vault? You can use pouches that you find while hunting or on the Cosigner to organize your stuff.

Chieftain Bulok seems to like small furred bunnies.

Digda the High Soothsayer loves his Voodoo Doll, when not a Gifted is trying to steal it!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

1. Be careful of what you put in your hoard -- what goes in does not come back out.
    2. Double-clicking a scale in your inventory will swap it with the currently equipped one.
    3. Teched scales can look a lot like un-teched scales. See #1.

----

Using an area-effect spell or ability for "pulling" is a good way to earn death points.

----

Save your data! Save your sanity! Save your group members! Disable Windows Update auto-restart!

----

Don't forget to sleep!

Thanks for the responses. We'll take these and compile them. Note that not all will be used because we do only have so much space available, but we'll try to get a good variety in there.

-Velea

Just as a quick note, I took the previous threads that were like this and merged them all into one. There are so many great tips and hints in all three threads that I didn't want to miss any when compiling them for the new load screen. Obviously we won't be able to use all of them, but this thread will remain for players to reference.

I've also opened it now that I've pulled the tips into a document for the load screen together so that if someone thinks of another tip later, they can add it.

Default Re: Player Tips and Hints

Not sure whether or not these were mentioned before, but I'll post them anyway:

• You can customize your User Interface (UI) however you want it, with as many separate chat windows as you'd like, anywhere you want them, and any way you want them.

• You can isolate communication options however you wish, keeping things like attack damage and whatnot isolated from the good things that you don't want to miss.

For example: I have a special window for beneficial buffs I receive, because I was tired of getting random buffs and not knowing who to thank because the information disappeared into the combat feedback.

• You can customize your hotkeys to the extreme. A customized "Select Nearest Enemy" hotkey that repeats is a dream. You can run/fly around and not have to worry about watching your back in a dangerous area, or automatically be notified if an enemy you hunt is nearby.

For example: (going from memory, may not be exact) Edit hotkey #1; add "Select Nearest Enemy," add "Wait 3 seconds", add "Activate hotkey #1"

• You can copy your UI files from your character folder and paste them into the folders of your other characters to cut off the time it takes to rearrange your UI the way you want it. You can also save the files in a separate folder somewhere on your computer so that they're already available if you have to reinstall the game.

For example: You want Will's UI to look like Bob's, but you don't want to rearrange everything. Go to (usually) C:/Program files/Istaria/prefs and open the "blight_Bob" file, shift+select all of the files and copy them. Then back out of Bob's file and go into the "blight_Will" file. Right click, paste, and overwrite the previous files with the new ones. Next time you log into Will, he'll have the same UI setup that Bob does.

• Vaults can get messy, and no matter how you try, you can't pay the vaulkeeper to keep it clean for you. Use containers such as the multicolored pouches that you typically find as loot to organize. You can rename the individual pouches to whatever they contain, and then add the contents into them.

For example:I have individual pouches in my vault such as "Dragon Scales" which clearly contain dragon scales, and another named "Tech. Components" which contain various components used in crafting techniques into items.

• Watch what you hoard! I can't tell you how many scales and disks I have hoarded because I wasn't paying attention.

• If you have questions, ask! Regardless of how intimidating it may seem, there is always someone who will try to answer your question. You needn't spend hours trying to find something when experienced players can tell you in a matter of minutes. The only stupid question is the one not asked.

• Give your cargo disk the name of its location if you have to leave it for an extended period of time, it will help you find it and pick it up later.

For example: If you suddenly have to leave in the middle of crafting say in Slate Hills, customize your disk with the name "Slate Hills." When you return, you can look at the name, and then know immediately where you have to go to retrieve it.
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

If your craft level is much higher than your adventure level, be sure to look at cloth combat armors for hunting in.

Backpack pouches do not increase your overall inventory or vault space. They do help keep things organized.

Good point about the pouches... though I think it's better phrased positively, perhaps:
    Use backpack pouches for color-coded organization of your inventory & vault.

Thread Information