Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plot reclaims

Default Plot reclaims

did i miss something?, an email or a post of some sort?, yesterday was the 1st i heard about the reclaim.
    Last edited by Gothos; March 18th, 2009 at 10:16 PM.

Gothos of Chaos, second Saris of Istaria to achieve adventure rating of 278

Default Re: Plot reclaims

can we get an update pls?

They have been going on for a couple months now. There were emails sent out about when it was first started a couple months ago. You should be getting emails if they are going to take your plot. if it was taken and you never got an email. Submit a ticket to confirm that your email is correct in the data base they have and maybe get help with the plot if your coming back.

i mean update on the server coming back up

Looks like someone requested some extra time before the auto plot reclaiming goes off. When they restarted plot reclaiming a couple months ago they stated that the auto reclaiming was also being reinstated.

so how often is this auto reclaim?

Looks like every maintenance. Once your cancel you account you ill get an email stating you have 1 month, I think that is the amount of time, to resub before your plot is reclaimed. The email will tell you for sure how long you have, but I am pretty sure it is one month.

kk fair enough, now can you tell me when the servers will be back up? should i wait or go to bed?

Plot reclaims are an ongoing process that happens normally during weekly maintenance. They were temporarily "turned off" while we worked out bugs with currently owned plots and worked out the procedure for plot reclaiming. But this was only temporary while we ensured that everything was working correctly both with plots and the reclaim process.

Even during that temporary hold on actual reclaims, emails were still being sent to customers who did not have enough subscriptions to support the number of plots on their account. These emails are sent out beginning the day a subscription expires and repeat each week for three more weeks (so a total of 4 emails are sent). In that time if someone contacts us to talk about their expired subscription, we denote the account and keep the ticket open until the problem is resolved.

We have also changed the procedure for reclaiming a plot so that the loss of a plot is less painful to the person who had worked so hard to build up their Istarian home. As we've been saying in recent Plot Reclamation emails, if a plot is reclaimed at the end of the 4 week period, items stored on the plot as well as some novians for structures that existed on the plot will be returned to the owning character's vault. Our goal is to help those who are having temporary financial trouble due to the world economy be able to return someday and play Istaria again when things turn around financially. We understand that many of our players are experiencing hard times right now, and are trying to balance their needs with the need to keep our business doors open.

Let me stress that what this means is that if someone has a subscription that expires, we do not swoop in the next day and reclaim their plot. We really don't want to reclaim plots, and try to work with someone to give them time to pass their plot to another player, or add a subscription to keep their plot. Rest assured that we want Istaria to continue to grow, both in developed plots and in active players.

Amarie

ty Am now when is chaos due to be online?

a simple post or update would be nice its near 12 hrs now and i am betting you team is getting tired, so why not fill us in?you can multitask right?

Patience is a virtue?
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

it is, and one day ill find some till then i ask questions

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Plot reclaims are an ongoing process that happens normally during weekly maintenance. They were temporarily "turned off" while we worked out bugs with currently owned plots and worked out the procedure for plot reclaiming. But this was only temporary while we ensured that everything was working correctly both with plots and the reclaim process.

Even during that temporary hold on actual reclaims, emails were still being sent to customers who did not have enough subscriptions to support the number of plots on their account. These emails are sent out beginning the day a subscription expires and repeat each week for three more weeks (so a total of 4 emails are sent). In that time if someone contacts us to talk about their expired subscription, we denote the account and keep the ticket open until the problem is resolved.

We have also changed the procedure for reclaiming a plot so that the loss of a plot is less painful to the person who had worked so hard to build up their Istarian home. As we've been saying in recent Plot Reclamation emails, if a plot is reclaimed at the end of the 4 week period, items stored on the plot as well as some novians for structures that existed on the plot will be returned to the owning character's vault. Our goal is to help those who are having temporary financial trouble due to the world economy be able to return someday and play Istaria again when things turn around financially. We understand that many of our players are experiencing hard times right now, and are trying to balance their needs with the need to keep our business doors open.

Let me stress that what this means is that if someone has a subscription that expires, we do not swoop in the next day and reclaim their plot. We really don't want to reclaim plots, and try to work with someone to give them time to pass their plot to another player, or add a subscription to keep their plot. Rest assured that we want Istaria to continue to grow, both in developed plots and in active players.

Amarie
    Does this mean if a player owns a plot on an expired account and the 4 warning have passed, the plot will be empty once the shards come online again?
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

So does this mean if someone owns a guild community and turns it into their personal kingdom and sets the guild subplots for sale for 999m999g999s999c and then lets those subs all expire after they're fully built, that these will become novians on the expired characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

well got the update info , looks like they will be busy for a good while yet, thanks for letting us know ill go watch a moobie and eat lots of junkfood

I have heard my master plots up for reclaim and my acct expired 3 days ago (i wasnt even aware) and i received no emails whatsoever..i truly hope thats not the truth..

Please submit a ticket to support as soon as possible if you feel your plot was reclaimed incorrectly.

NO guild master plots should have been reclaimed what so ever. Master Guild Plots are handled completely separate from all other types of plots.

Did submit a ticket and am pleased to say it was resolved. many thanks and am very happy to know they are safe =)

Thread Information