Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super armored beetles

Default Super armored beetles

I am doing my level 30 quests with my hatchling on order.... and is it me... or are the beetles on AI dang near totally immune to slash? Hard shell not active them stunned.. I can barely break 30 damage on a gold rage.. and cant hit them with normal hits... this is way to armored.. I dont really have the choice of other weapons other then slash... Hunt blights for days on end hoping to get a crush claw? Is that the new expectation? You need to let dragons actually be able to kill the mobs they need to kill... taking forever to kill one.. as I have to tail whip and breath of fire and spike scale it to death for petes sake.. no other attack does anything...

Hitting other mobs up to 130ish damage with gold rage.. only max about 30 damage on a non-hard shell beetle... bad.

Soraii / Alaysar / RAYOS

Default Re: Super armored beetles

Well, I can't really tell you much about the beetles, but I can probably find you a claw that will do non-slash damage... if that'll help.

Yes.. farm the blight for a blighted claw... but that is not an answer... You should be able to at least kill them even if it takes a while with slash... any mob really... As for the most part that is the Dragons only attack. I ended up having to use my little casting to kill them as I just couldnt kill them with claws...

I honestly think the slash resistance needs to be reevaluated somewhat... or give dragons a way to change their attacks that doesnt require farming drops... a mid 30s dragon with a standard crafted claw should be able to kill mid 30 beetles... or just damage them. maybe half damage of their normal attackes or 2/3... but near immune is just too much

Soraii

Prime bolt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Well it was hitting though not too hot on a dragon more specced for melee.

Soraii

Breath of Fire? You have lots of weapons that aren't slash, use them. The idea behind this change is to make players use all of their weapons rather than the same one over and over.

Want to use gold rage? Go get a buff of some sort, like Flame Attack.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I´m not interested in beetles anymore. Illogical resistances in my eyes
    (a mithril golem, yes- but a beetle???)
    But this has already been discussed in another thread.

Soraii, change to hybride (scales, Xtals, tp) and use your primal if you have to kill beetles, and don`t waste hoard. It will take some time to get them down, but it works.

Or ask a friendly old dragon for help..if you are too upset- which I could understand.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Breath of Fire? You have lots of weapons that aren't slash, use them. The idea behind this change is to make players use all of their weapons rather than the same one over and over.

Want to use gold rage? Go get a buff of some sort, like Flame Attack.
    Lots of weapons... use them... I do use all of them... but 90% of them are slash based. All the multi attacks Bite drain strike... Galewind doesn't go through.... I use all of my attacks because they all recycle at different times.

Which leaves me like I said killing them with breath of fire, tail whip and spiked scales which is rather annoying to be the only ones other then then plinking them away with primal which if you have set up your character as a melee... doesnt hit hard...

Oh my god.. now we HAVE to take a biped with us for buffs? You know that is rediculous. Heck might as well make more slash immune. Or better yet you should remove dragons like you want to.

Bah stupid.

---
    Soraii

Hmm.. that truly sounds troubling.

I've never had any major problems with beetles myself, but then again, I have only used my ancient for hunting them. I still have to give it a try on my lvl 40 adult. o.o

Humm, But if your dragon's mid-30 and beetles are that way too, I would assume they're quite a challenge to your claws. One good solution might be to level up a little bit above them for easier killing. Maybe even your slash attacks would become stronger.
    (beh, I'm not really an expert with stats and special-teched claws/scales etc, so my advice is a cheesy one. I'm sorry. )

But I kinda have to agree.. it's sad how we have to depend on bipeds for buffs and some quest items, but bipeds never really need us. Maybe for carrying a huge crafting load or give True Grit and Promote Vitality once in a while.. but that's it.
    And I for one am specifically a dragon player, I don't have strong biped characters, and I don't have many biped friends, either. So asking for buffs might be hard, unless they are in a good mood and throw them at you when you pass them by.

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

We would then be dependant on going to a biped every so long as the buff lasts, I cant even drain strike them.... They are just beetles... When are they making the golems slash immune *unhappy*

Soraii

Shouldn't dragons be able to deal flame, ice and lightning (energy?) type damage anyway? I mean, we breathe it... not a big stretch to think we could maybe use it in other ways too.

And I wouldn't say it, but it's already half-been-sorta-touched-on... what else are enemies going to be resistant to? If they're going to be made immune to something like 50% of dragon attacks, does that mean they're also going to be made immune to 50% of all biped abilities? 'Cause you know, it seems kinda boxed in. Dragons need more different attack types. Or more attacks in general.

I can see at the very least an assortment of fire, ice, lightning (energy, whatever), and air (are their even wind-type attacks in this game?)... because we already breathe them and use them to fly. So... :O

~Galde

Primal is wind, wind golems deal primal damage.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Then why does Prime Bolt have a fire effect? >.O

Now I'm completely lost.

~Galde

Well.. if they are going to kill 90 percent of our melee attacks they should give us some other attacks that attack a different way. I just ysed gold rage as an example as I can actually do a little damage with it for ilustration, but I generally use everything in the arsenel.. one on one I melee as they.. are supposed to.. die quicker.. in groups I generally aoe. But at low levels I am generally too squishy for that to be much of an option. How about changing the quests to something the average "crafted equipment" player can actually hit without having to tear down and respec their character for one monster type?

I should be able to do damage to equil level mobs when they dont have a special ability up >_>

You hit Small Frost Beetle for 0 slash damage *sigh*

Soraii

Quote Originally Posted by Soraii
    Lots of weapons... use them... I do use all of them... but 90% of them are slash based. All the multi attacks Bite drain strike... Galewind doesn't go through....
    I guess I'm not sure why you expect attacks to go through hardened shell?

Slash still does damage after hardened shell goes down.

Before, if you were a biped (which you're not) and casting OR hitting a beetle, if hardened shell was up, you did very little damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I guess I'm not sure why you expect attacks to go through hardened shell?
    No... Before it hardens shell I am doing 0 damage.. I understand hardened shell, I have worked with it long enough to know using abilities then is pointless... but my hatchling is doing 0 damage with normal melee attacks.. almost no damage with multi attacks... no damage with drain strike.. when hardened shell is down. It being up or down is not making a differens to the damage... other then turning my maybe 20ish damage with silverstrike and 30ish damage with gold rage to 1's and 2's if not 0's.

I understand resistant... but comeon... Dont make it nearly immune.. I cant even kill it over time by just having auto attack on. Nothing but Tail whip breath and spiked scales is really making any dent.

Hitting other mobs up to 130ish damage with gold rage.. only max about 30 damage on a non-hard shell beetle... bad.
    Soraii

Seeing this thread it actually gives me a deja vu.
    I spoke about this shortly after the patch was implemented.
    But since many ppl have either Multiple acounts or many friends it is appearently generally accepted.

I can only speak of my own experience, but without Hardened Scale an ability like Gale wind does maybe 10% damage of regular damage, Gold Rage and the other attacks 70-80% of the damage it did before.

For a lvl 100 melee TP layout against a lvl 80-90 beetle is still not really a challenge, but it has become a very long lasting fight.
    I dont even want to imagine how it has to be for a lower lvl against equal lvl beetle with only 3 real damage doing attacks namely Tail Whip, BoF and Dragons Reach.

I feel with you my friend.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I just hope this doesn't become a trend of any sort.

Because that would simply be painful. >.>

Maybe make them less resistant so full-on warriors can even make a scratch? I know there's a point that magic's better against some enemies and melee is better against others, but this seems a bit much, you know?

~Galde

A lot of my attacks were pretty useless but I worked to try and adapt how I fight against giant ice beetles (I don't have a special beetle slayer claw)... found grazing winds kind of helped, not much but a little. Firebreath good... spiked scales also really good. Gold Rage though not as uber as normal still does a fair bit, but mostly I found most damage was from fire breath and spiky scales, and then just healing self to outlast them (fights still went quickly).

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Primal is wind, wind golems deal primal damage.
    Primal isn't wind. It's basically the raw magic of creation. Source. Primal is a special kind of magic...much better then the types those of the lesser races use. :P

As for the beetles...I really don't have much to say. I always prime bolt the things to death anyway so this change flew right over my head.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Thread Information