Thread: Knights of the Phoenix - Order

Default Knights of the Phoenix - Order

Knights of the Phoenix - Order Shard

((OOC: This thread is not for you to walk up and say “Your idea sucks.� I simply had an idea and wanted to see the interest in it from others. The guild is technically formed, but only has Azaraen in it so far meaning it is yet unnamed.))

*Runos walks up to the board, and sticks a note from a friend on with a thorn of a thornwood tree.*

The phoenix: a legendary bird of fire always born from the ashes of the one before it. A phoenix and its fire are a powerful symbol of the potential for rebirth. Anytime a fire erupts in a forest, there is a great amount of devastation, but also from the ashes life will emerge once again, stronger and enriched. This is what we will stand for: While we ourselves will not be doing the burning and destruction, we are here in service to the istarian people for the 'rebirth'.

We are here to help and aid them, to try to peacefully prevent the fires (although if they do break out between the world's heroes, we will try to peacefully put them out, if the blaze is too hot we will back away and allow it to burn out) and assist those in need after the fact, help them get up again, regrow, rebuild. And as the phoenix rises from ash, if somehow we find ourself defeated, we will rise again from our ashes, stronger.

Now while we may try to remain peaceful in those regards, we cannot be peaceful with the forces of the withered aegis. None of their forces are remotely reasonable, and they are undead anyways... they are constantly attacking and trying to oppress our world. Let us assist in giving them rest and at the same time, saving the world. Endless as the hordes may be, let us stand against them so long as our gift lasts...

And so I say, although it is just I, a young lady, I hold my thoughts to you sincerely and hope that at least a few are interested in joining the cause.

Requirements to sign on, this guild is a role playing guild:
    - Non evil character is absolutely required. Neutral? That is fine, but we cannot have evil assassins or demons or things that love to go against what the order stands for.

- It is encouraged as a biped to have a school like cleric, paladin, knight of creation, healer, etc. as your normal choice of class, though we will take any class if the character will happily work within the ways paladins would under that class.

- Dragons are allowed, we are not racist. :P Again, make sure you can uphold the ways we do things.

- We are not based on religion. Characters may worship any number of preferably non evil deities they wish and serve under their purpose, we however do wish for everybody to play nice with this. No 'my god is better than yours' attitudes.

- Husbands, Wives, Mates: While many orders of priests and paladins may forbid bonding or marriages, I feel that it is wrong to forbid it. Love isn't a sin, and who knows, maybe we will have to teach the world to love again someday.

- Random Events: I want to experiment with 'random events' for people to do (I'll work the details out later). Aegis raids, random role play... things like that, not previously announced anywhere but on the spot. There also will be other planned events as well marked on the calendar.

- Most importantly over all, I cannot stress enough: Make sure your character can hold up values of paladin nature (kindness, helping out, healing, protecting the weak, etc). That is what the guild is about, anyone who doesn't follow this kind of thing may not find themselves around for long.

- While we do these things, also remember we are not crusaders. We don't go out looking for trouble or evil (other than the aegis) to beat up on, using the “But it is for the greater good so its right� excuse.

- Rankings: People who join initially are 'trainees'. When you feel you have learned enough about how things work and the council members feel the same, you will be given a trial. If you pass, you will be promoted. There is also a trial for promotion to become an elite member after a while of being with us.

This is all I could think of for now as an overview of what I hope to accomplish. Any questions or those who want to join up may leave a note here, or ask Runos or myself (Azaraen) in the world, whoever is not asleep.

((OOC: I'm pretty sure there is grey space I likely missed. If you have questions of the grey space, send me a pm and I'll clarify.))

Default Re: Knights of the Phoenix - Order

((The guild has been formed. Those interested in signing on can directly talk to Azaraen or Runos (as Runos can easily get in touch with Azaraen), or below)

The Knights of the Phoenix now have a meeting area ((channel: "Knight's Tavern")) for those interested in becoming allies or joining with us. We do prefer to know you to be of a good nature, so if you seek to join up, I recommend joining us in our tavern for a little while to help us get to know you.

Thread Information