Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista Client?

Default Re: Vista Client?

Here's my update:
    Using the new launcher and new procedure, I'm able to patch and play on Blight using Vista 64 bit and 32 bit (after rebooting once). Yay!
    As a side note, I'm able to play on Choas using above Blight method on Vista 64 bit, but not on 32 bit (Home Premium), still get the "horizons has stopped working" message.

Got it working on Chaos, Vista 64bit Home Premium. I downloaded and installed the net 1.1 thing mentioned above. I went to blight and got the update there, then I copied the files from the vista zip file to the horizion folder. Had to copy them not extract cause Vista wouldn't let them overwrite existing files with extract but worked extracting them to a folder not in programs(x86) and then copying them over manually.

Once that done logged into Chaos, first time it closed (crashed?) like mentioned in other posts, then it worked 2nd try to login.

One thing, once you get it working on Chaos/Order don't try to log into Blight or will have to redo it all over (at least I did) to get back to reg shards.

thx

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Annai View Post
    No go still. Even after patch to blight, loading the 382. stuff and no patching while loading into Chaos. Just tells me Hz has stopped working. Good thing I have my laptop until the fix gets finished and patched to live servers.

since the live shards still run horizons.exe, and blight runs istaria.exe, you will have to change the name of the .exe after patching to blight if you wanna run on live with it.

Another happy end, although I did get quite frustrating at times.

My victory story:
    1. Patch by logging to a blight character.
    2. Installed the new launcher.
    3. Extract the istaria-383.2 file to the game folder.
    4. Renamed the new Istaria.exe to Horizons.exe .
    5. I was able to log in to my characters on Chaos (of course with patching not allowed).

Btw.

I am running Microsoft Vista Home Premium with service pack 1 @ 32 bits
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Annai View Post
    No go still. Even after patch to blight, loading the 382. stuff and no patching while loading into Chaos. Just tells me Hz has stopped working. Good thing I have my laptop until the fix gets finished and patched to live servers.
    I should have mentioned to delete your old shortcuts to "horizons.exe" and "horizonslauncher.exe"

The new client is "Istaria.exe" and "launcher.exe"

Only Istaria.exe will run on Vista, horizons.exe doesn't. The new "launcher.exe" will launch the game using "istaria.exe"

Quote Originally Posted by Venge View Post
    Horizons is not installed. I hope this is the error you were talking about.
    I had the same problem with the resumable download, I ended up just installing it from the stand alone download.

however now with the new 383.2 patch, its broken again ... prolly me screwing up again so ill spend another 2 weeks being stupid till i figure it out.

it works, i just updated logged into blight with no prob... my issue was the launcher.exe kept saying it was out of date, so i updated everythinig like i did last time, and just renamed horizons.exe to horizons.exe.BAK and copied and renamed istaria.exe to horizons.exe, then i used the old horizonslauncher.exe ... worked fine, going to try to log into the order shard now.

=D

works great, ran the updater through the website, horizons.exe errored out, copied over launcher files, copied over 383.2 patch files, ran horizonslauncher and renamed istaria to horizons.exe ... works like a charm =D

Still no go, Now just back to feeling stupid again. Looked for the hz.exe file to change nothing. changed name on application, nothing happened except hz.exe stopped working. Back to waiting for the patch to go live
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

rrr. worked fine after tue. patch. something changed on thur. I run the launcher.exe with full scan checked and it goes........copys more.... and then it logs me into blight just fine.

Then if I turn off full scan and attach to chaos shard it still does downloads of some fill even with no checked boxes in patcher. and then I get error when it suppose to go from the dragon to the little sq. story box. hor. error stopping program.

So full scan repatch blight, no problem more file downloadm Works good there again. Tried renaming Istaria to Horizons and the attach to Choas with no checked boxs in patcher. same error.
    Where do I go from here? The weekend is coming up.
    Thanks
    "most times last comes first"

Very eloquant Mixism. That is exactly what happens to me.
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Quote Originally Posted by mixism View Post
    rrr. worked fine after tue. patch. something changed on thur. I run the launcher.exe with full scan checked and it goes........copys more.... and then it logs me into blight just fine.

Then if I turn off full scan and attach to chaos shard it still does downloads of some fill even with no checked boxes in patcher. and then I get error when it suppose to go from the dragon to the little sq. story box. hor. error stopping program.

So full scan repatch blight, no problem more file downloadm Works good there again. Tried renaming Istaria to Horizons and the attach to Choas with no checked boxs in patcher. same error.
    Where do I go from here? The weekend is coming up.
    Thanks
    I haven't ran into this issue but I don't use the launcher.exe except when I want to patch. Otherwise I use batch files to login. There's directions someplace on how to do it. The instructions are still good except for the horizons.exe entry in the directions needs updated to say 'istaria.exe". Using a batch file bypasses the patcher altogether.

Of course, one of the devs will probably point out that using batch files to log in isn't a supported feature, but hopefully once the vista client goes live, you'll just be able to use the launcher to log in without any problems.

technically, logging in to a live shard with the blight client is also not a supported feature. ;p

This reminds me of the DB day's of the game play was hopping we where past that..(sign)... the weekend,playtime, is coming soon, I'l keep checking the forum for update from a dev or someone in the food chain if there is something else I can try. Looks like the patch is going to patch you system regruad of what you check. Maybe I need to do a power reboot somewhere.

Thanks
    "most times last comes first"

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    Of course, one of the devs will probably point out that using batch files to log in isn't a supported feature, but hopefully once the vista client goes live, you'll just be able to use the launcher to log in without any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    technically, logging in to a live shard with the blight client is also not a supported feature. ;p
    The only play "officially" supported on Vista right now is on Blight. When the client is released to live (there are a couple things that need to be fixed first), then playing a live character using Vista will be supported.

Until then, it *is* possible to bypass the patching mechanism to use the Vista client on live shard. Nobody is going to say you can't do that, but yes, doing so is unsupported. That means you can try, but if you have trouble, please don't take out your frustrations upon anyone here, or expect anyone from Virtrium to walk you through getting on a live shard with the Blight client. That constitutes support, and is contrary to the concept of "unsupported".

Now, if you're trying to log on to Blight with Vista and are having trouble, that's different -- you *should* be able to do that using launcher.exe. (Using the web page or horizonslauncher.exe will most likely fail.) That activity is supported and it's fair to expect help if you have trouble.

ok this is stupid, I had it working thurs night, tried last night, no go, tried again this mornin, no go.

repatched via web, installed launcher, installed 383.2 files, ran it .... "please install the updated patcher...." um i am using the updated patcher, it worked before ... why isnt it working now?

Okay, I have been waiting for a Vista patch and now, it is here!

Tried it, works great, now working on loading my original charactor to Blight, lucky I had my Dragon copied to Blight a long time ago, if all goes well, my Ancient Dragon will hit the skies once again!

Thank you for all your hard work, I look forward to when this patch goes live.
    Zarkela - Green Dragoness - Helian

My advice to people still unable to get the blight client to run on liver servers is to sit tight and wait for it to run to live. In the meantime you can log into blight if you need to get your fix. No sense in risking screwing up your file/folder structure and having to do a clean install when it does roll live.

I've installed the new client on a 64bit Vista machine and a 32 bit Vista Laptop. It works well right from the install.

Playing with the trial atm, but I'll definetely be coming back to HZ now that I can play it on my better PC's

Thread Information