Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista Client?

Default Re: Vista Client?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    I get that... thats why you patch to blight and extract the .zip file (with the new Istaria.exe).
    I just wonder how Horizons.exe was used instead of Istaria.exe
    i think the bold portion is some of the source of confusion: that step is no longer needed. Patching to blight downloads istaria.exe patching to live downloads horizons.exe

Better safe then sorry I guess...
    If Istaria.exe and the other files are the same as in the extractable file it normally shouldnt matter if you take the long road or simply only patch to blight.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

No better to Let the server patch them out in case they make changes to that and not the download. Patching an older exe could cause problems.

Better safe then sorry I guess...
    If Istaria.exe and the other files are the same as in the extractable file it normally shouldnt matter if you take the long road or simply only patch to blight.
    what deth said. the blight client has doubtless been updated from what is in the most recent zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    what deth said. the blight client has doubtless been updated from what is in the most recent zip.
    Well, my vista laptop allows me to play Istaria when the main pc with XP is not available so I am happy there.
    For now I have no plans of testing things further, untill something changes in vista and it doesnt work anymore...

It would indeed be a lot easier to simply patch to Blight and then log in without scan to either Order or Chaos. As long as we use the new launcher that is.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Vista client released. It worked perfectly on Blight for me so I think that Virtrium are well on the way.

My worst nightmare became true... Istaria didnt work anymore and therefor I had to start all over again with trying to get the game to work for Live server.

In total I made 4 different attempts to log onto Chaos server.
    First Attempt: Shur's Suggestion
    1. Logging to Blight went perfectly, no problems what so ever getting ingame.
    2. Renaming Istaria.exe to Horizons.exe.
    3. Then attempt to log on Chaos (Without patching options enabled).
    A failure... Starts downloading and re-patching for live server without me giving permission.And actually got the same error message Amecha got.
    So that suggestion doesnt work for me I am afraid.

Second Attempt:
    1. Logging to Blight went perfectly, no problems what so ever getting ingame. Except starting the launcher again after patching because game wouldn't automaticly start when patching was done. (28mb re-patch)
    2. Extracting Istaria-383.2.zip.
    3. Renaming Istaria.exe to Horizons.exe.
    4. Then attempt to log on Chaos (Without patching options enabled).
    A failure... Starts downloading and re-patching for live server without me giving permission.And again got the same error message Amecha got.
    So that doesnt work as well for me I am afraid.

Third Attempt:
    1. Logging to Blight went perfectly, no problems what so ever getting ingame. Except starting the launcher again after patching because game wouldn't automaticly start when patching was done. (28mb re-patch)
    2. Installing the new launcher.
    3. Renaming Istaria.exe to Horizons.exe.
    4. Then attempt to log on Chaos with the new launcher (Without patching options enabled).
    A failure... Accessing problems for ACE.dll... And after that I once again got the same error message Amecha got.
    So that doesnt work as well for me I am afraid.

Fourth Attempt:
    1. Logging to Blight went perfectly, no problems what so ever getting ingame. Except starting the launcher again after patching because game wouldn't automaticly start when patching was done.(9.5mb re-patch)
    2. Installing the new launcher.
    3. Extracting Istaria-383.2.zip (all files).
    4. Renaming Istaria.exe to Horizons.exe.(and replacing the missing Istaria.exe with the one from the zip file)
    5. Then attempt to log on Chaos with the new launcher (Without patching options enabled).
    Succesfull launch ingame for me.

dragonboy: your first three attempts simply say rename istaria.exe horizons.exe, they leave out the step of copying istaria.exe and renaming the copy.

if you do not have both Horizons.exe and Istaria.exe in your game folder when you try to connect to live, it will run the patch regardless of your options, because it sees a missing .exe file.

The reason your fourth attempt seems to have worked where the others didn't is that you have both .exe files in the folder, instead of only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    dragonboy: your first three attempts simply say rename istaria.exe horizons.exe, they leave out the step of copying istaria.exe and renaming the copy.

if you do not have both Horizons.exe and Istaria.exe in your game folder when you try to connect to live, it will run the patch regardless of your options, because it sees a missing .exe file.

The reason your fourth attempt seems to have worked where the others didn't is that you have both .exe files in the folder, instead of only one.
    While I type this post I had another failure, Horizons.exe stopped working.
    1. Patch to Blight and log out.
    2. copy/past Istaria.exe to another folder, rename it to Horizons.exe and put it back.
    3. Had Istaria.exe and Horizons.exe absolutely identical.
    4. Login to live shards.
    While acording to you it should work, well done it twice now to check if I didnt do anything wrong the first time and I am afraid for me it just doesnt work.

Did you get it to work according to the above worklist of is it just theory?

btw... going to check the other 2 out of 4 methods from my previous post while also making sure both Istaria.exe and horizons.exe are present.

Tried the first 3 combinations I also used in #207 again only now while making sure that both Istaria.exe and Horizons.exe were present and identical (copies from the blight client).
    All 3 failures again... only nr.4 seems to work for me and I will stick to that untill the official patch hits live shards.

Unless some else has a combination I havent tried yet and would like me to verify.

that is strange indeed, i wonder why yours keeps patching automatically...

I dont really like it myself... It is a lot more work.

Do you have Full Scan unchecked in the patcher options for your launcher?

Then attempt to log on Chaos (Without patching options enabled).
    That is how I did all testing.

I seem to have a repeatable crash on the new client. When trying to place some blighted weapons on a consignor for sale. Not sure if its a certain weapon or what.

This has nothing to do with the client, I don't think. It is a problem with some very specific Blighted items. I would ask that you please file a bug report through our support system, however, so that we can be sure we have a good list of said items.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I seem to have a repeatable crash on the new client. When trying to place some blighted weapons on a consignor for sale. Not sure if its a certain weapon or what.
    Narrowed the problem down a single Blighted Cobalt Spear (devastating Energy Striking Blighted Fine Cobalt Short Spear. has 6% chance extra 52-85 flame damage, 5% chance maximum damage, Converts Damage to Energy). I will open a support ticket on it.

I'm downloading the Windows 7 64-bit RC. Providing I can find updated beta drivers for my stuff I'll endeavour to try it on Istaria's Blight server but there are 2 hours or so remaining on the download...

... and it's a sunny day.

Btw IE8 is driving me bl00dy Crazy. Keeps randomly and frequently pausing when I open new tabs/windows (either when I open a link in a new tab or just a new blank tab). The problem dominoes into Outlook, which uses IE to show emails. I can't use Chrome/Firefox as a default browser since neither works with my employers' rostering site. The pause is about the same time each time, so it's almost like it's checking something before it allows a site to load ... but the whole program freezes in the meantime. On Deviantart, if I open a load of deviations in new tabs it takes forever and likewise if I try new windows.

I've used Spyware Blaster to block addresses of known spyware sites, and that is a pretty huge list. Could it be this? IE7 had no such problem. I've tried turning on Site Compatibility, but with no noticable change.

*sigh* Any comments welcomed!

Rakku

Downloading Win 7 RC1 myself. Shoould be done by the time I get home from work. Program included called "virtualization" suppose to emulate XP, wonder if Istaria works in that?
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    Downloading Win 7 RC1 myself. Shoould be done by the time I get home from work. Program included called "virtualization" suppose to emulate XP, wonder if Istaria works in that?
    Urgh. Well my download just finished and it said it was corrupt and asked if I wanted to try again or cancel. Before clicking to retry I found the temp file and copied it elsewhere and mounted it in Daemon tools. It seems to be valid, so I'll burn it and try to install anyway. Hopefully, if there really is an error, it'll be in a non-critical bit of the disk. Ha ha.

Rakku

Btw... Virtualization? I can guess what it probably is but I'd not heard of it before.

Thread Information