Thread: Where are the preferences stored?

Default Where are the preferences stored?

I am going to be repaving my laptop and need to know where my profile or preferences are stored so that I can save them. I have my characters info that I want to restore once I install the game again. I don't want to have to set up screens, etc. I know that I read somewhere on the forums that this info can be saved when doing a re-install of the game. If I am incorrect, please tell me and I will just deal with redoing my screens once the game is re-installed. Thanks.

Default Re: Where are the preferences stored?

They'll be in the prefs folder, it'll be labled server_charactername, just copy that... or even just the entire prefs folder and all your settings will be ready after you reinstall.

Thank you I appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by cgacfox View Post
    I am going to be repaving my laptop...
    Ok anyone else get the mental picture of a Laptop covered in asphalt? Oh and he was right. on the prefs folder Might also want to save screenshots if you have any you want to keep.

Soraii/Alaysar

Yes! definately screen shots! I lost about 2500 of em last year when my hd crashed and burned.

And if you have any mods, you may want to back up your override folder. There's been a shifting around in sites recently where you can find mods, it may be difficult to find some mods now.

Although copy/pasting works for your preferences... It however might wreak havok when trying to copy/paste a map pack, might scramble your whole map. Letting you think you are above water while flying over Chiconis. In my honest opinion Mods are best to be re-installed after finishing with Istaria re-install and that is something I personally will always do. Goodluck with repaving your laptop.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information