Thread: Crafting Trainers

Default Crafting Trainers

Seems to be alot of confusion lately over trainers that sell formulas, especially construction formulas. Since the trainers in Tazoon have been removed or relocated, nearly every day someone is asking in MarketPlace where they can find "x" formula. Yesterday was the worst when someone said they had spent 2 hours city hopping to all the trainers to find a journeyman stone brick formula. And never found it. Ouch.

Maybe if the trainers in New Trismus, Kion, Parsinia and Sslanis could be designated as "Beginner Enchanter Trainer" (for example) and if you chat with them they would tell you where to find the Journeyman and Expert Trainers. Then go on to designate Journeyman and Expert trainers in the appropriate cities with directions to their counterparts as well.

With the journeyman mason trainer missing, folks have not been able to purchase the journeyman stone block and key formulas, and can't seem to find a trainer that sells the journeyman stone brick form either. I ended up suggesting they visit the dragon crafter trainer in Dralk for the stone brick form.

Did some city hopping myself and I can understand why folks are confused. It would seem logical that the blacksmith trainers would have metal bar, wood board and stone bricks forms as that school is based primarily on making tools from those materials. They carry metal bar and wood board, but not brick ... oversight? Finally found the stone brick form on the scholar trainer .... which makes sense (it is also on the dragon crafter trainers).

Crafting in Istaria is one of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had. Until you have mastered all the schools however, it can be confusing and sometimes quite frustrating. Let's make it a better experience for new crafters and especially those moving up to the next tier as building and creating bigger and better things keeps them coming back for more!

Thaalia, Grand Master Crafter of Order

Default Re: Crafting Trainers

The trainers are divided up by tiers. The towns are tiered. Seems pretty straight-forward.

Tiers 1 and 2 = Kion, Sslanis, Parsinia and Dalimond.
    Tiers 3 and 4 = Feladan, Kirasanct, Mahagra and New Rachival.
    Tier 5 = Aughundell.
    Tier 6 = Imperial Outpost and

Blacksmiths do not work stone so I see no reason why they would have a stone brick formula. You want stone, go to a scholar or a miner or a mason.

But, there are some trainers that have not yet been fully converted. That is fixed in the content expansion that we're working on.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Blacksmiths do work stone. ALl the stone tools are for sale on the blacksmith trainers too. Just not stone bricks, as the OP said.

According to Maari Joest - Blacksmith Trainer in Mahagra, "If you use an item in your hands, then chances are we know something about how that works. We work with metal, stone, and wood in our trade."

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post

Maybe if ... you chat with them* they would tell you where to find the Journeyman and Expert Trainers....

*[the beginner trainers]

Now that is an excellent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The trainers are divided up by tiers. The towns are tiered. Seems pretty straight-forward.

Aye, it is, once you figure it out. Determining who has what and where can be a daunting task, though. Remembering that, for some of us, is even harder, lol. (Age, ye see...) 'Twould be helpful if there were an NPC you could ask (should one remember that there is an NPC you can ask...)

Asking other players works, too, of course, and those on my shard are helpful and accommodating, but demanding others stop their play and answer my constant queries isn't my style, so I end up just doing without rather than interrupting. I've no compunction against annoying an NPC, however...

Blacksmiths do not work stone so I see no reason why they would have a stone brick formula. You want stone, go to a scholar or a miner or a mason.
    Have to agree with Raspewtin. First off I remember reading the quest stories from my most recent biped while he was doing his crafting quests on Spirits island. And second I bring proof for our stoneworking efforts a picture from my low level biped Scarabe.

It might be strange, but the fact remains that a blacksmith works with stone in the sence they can at the very least fabricate bricks and thus the trainers are in my opinion supposed to sell the necessary formula's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Tier 5 = Aughundell.

But, there are some trainers that have not yet been fully converted. That is fixed in the content expansion that we're working on.

but but but.....
    i leveled blacksmith to 100 doing stone......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Amon, you've been around longer than I have and I can even remember the time when young jewelers asked blacksmiths to quarry the gems because they could do it so much better and get more per swing!

You're starting to scare me. Like Velveeta, I remember moving blacksmith up in levels by making things such as essence siphons and shapers on the slopes of Dalimond.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Hmmm

So Kirasanct is a tier 3-4 town? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Expert is tier 5. The expert jeweler trainer has just been relocated to Kirasanct.

Not at all straight-forward.

Hence my request to rename trainers with their tier designation and have them give directions to their counterparts.

And Kirasanct Enchanter trainer sells expert forms as well. For Jman forms go to Tazoon Enchanter Trainer (at least for now). Yes the system is nearly pure trial and error and needs some serious work.

Knossos

Yes, Kirasanct also has a few Tier 5 trainers (just cause we didn't want to put them all in Aughundell). But not all of its trainers are tier 5.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Tier 5 = Aughundell.

I dont recall ever seeing anything in-game that designates teirs for towns. Even as an experienced player, i often have a hard time remember which reigon is which tier.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

the trophy hunters give a clue - they only give quests to hunt trophies of the tier of their level......

that is true, but what do you do when you've maxed your adventure levels and cant remember which town was what? ;p

lol - in that case, any trophy hunter will buy any level trophies.....
    really great way to make extra coin!

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    lol - in that case, any trophy hunter will buy any level trophies.....
    really great way to make extra coin!
    This is not entirely correct. Lower level Trophy hunters will not buy higher level Trophys than they offer as quests. Although, any Trophy below what they offer for quest, they will buy for coin.

hmmm apparently not on blight, hobbie! i have sold all tiers of trophies to every tropy hunter - i just use whatever hunter is in the town i am in to sell my trophies...
    i just rightclick on the hunter and choose trade, sell only.
    never had a problem with any hunter refusing to buy any trophy.....

for instance, a couple weeks ago an excellent blightie gave me like 100 t5 trophies that i sold to the trophy hunter in kion......

Thread Information