Thread: Earning money?

Default Earning money?

Hello all, I'm a recently returning player and I was wondering how you all would recommend getting money in Istaria? I'm hoping to save enough to buy a nice lair to build with a friend. I recall making most of my money before by being paid to build others' plots, but as I'm stuck on Blight (due to Vista) I'm trying to find other means. I read that pawn brokers now offer diminished value for the same item? (I don't recall that from before so I'm assuming it's been an addition) How would you all recommend me collecting the money for my lair? I don't mind getting it through adventuring or crafting, so I'm open to any suggestions! And thank you in advance for the help!

-Layn Mistborn

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Earning money?

a lot of critters give coin in one way or another - either directly (like beets and blights) or by giving moneybags (nick gols are coming to mind) or by selling trophies/loot to the pb.
    if you are a crafterbuilder, at least one person on blight has money to be made by working on building supplies (cottencandy's plot on shepherd's mountain)........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I'm a dragon (and a hatchling at that) so I don't think that helping others craft houses or lairs will really be an option. I was hoping to find other means (especially since I just realized that formulae cost money and not lore tokens now, doh). I'll certainly try to get the token quests and such, but I don't know if that alone will yield enough money for a big lair anytime soon, and those bags of money have thus far given very very small sums of money, but perhaps that is due to them being very low level mobs. I appreciate the response though =)

Depending from were you are trying to buy a lair I would recommend not actively think about it yet. Of course Drakul might have some nice "cheaper" lairs however some not very easy to reach for a hatchling and maybe the playertowns still have some for a reasonable price, Lairs around Dralk and Chiconis often cost from 1-4+g from community on Chaos. So for the time being I would suggest starting to level together with your friend and buy a lair later. Dont make it first priority. I dont know how expensive lairs are on Blight, but if it is the same as on Chaos... Heed my advice.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

- Trophies are a way to earn money, the teir appropriate ones you can turn in for a bigger amount than you'd get from a pb, same goes for those that are under your current teir.
    - Try talking to a town marshal they'll offer quest that reward you with coin. These are excelent to do along with your ability quest as a dragon.
    - In NT a couple great quest offer a decent amount of coin. Speak with the ssilsk on top of the hill headed to the portal, he'll have you give the Steward a note and in return you'll get several silver.
    - Also from the Steward is the Gifted quest. You'll gain a few silvers worth from it too. -Speak with the npcs that stand by the landing pad and get the Wedding quest, its a rather long quest but you'll walk away with some coin in the end.
    - In fact try any and every quest you can find, several offer coin.
    - Ask around in chat and see if anyone is paying to have silos filled with basic craft components (I.E. Bricks, bars, orbs)
    -Even tho PBs offer diminishing returns mass crafting various items will still net you something, which is better than nothing.
    - Craft teched items, very few people do this due to the fact that its easier to just craft unteched items. You're sure to sell something if competivly priced.
    - Sell the tech comps that you get.
    - If you can handle it, hunt the WA, they drop blighted armor/weapons, some of wich sell pretty well, as well as crystals.
    - Sell any forums you find and/or dont need.
    - As mentioned before hunting nets decent money thru drops, coin pouches, ect.

hmm....thats all I can think of right now..

Thread Information