Thread: Istaria Not Installed...?

Default Istaria Not Installed...?

My brother decided to try out the new Demo Account option for Istaria, as he's been curious as to what the game is like beyond 14 days. He downloaded the game and installed it without problem, created his character, and logged in. It was late by the time he was fully logged in, so he logged out again without going anywhere.

Two days later, today, he attempted to log in again with the Launcher. However, even though there's been no patch content that I know of--at least, my Istaria did not download anything new--and his Launcher is set not to run a Full Scan, it just starts checking all of his files. And hangs up on them, refusing to ever actually log him in.

He decided to try logging in through the website login, and the game proceeded to tell him that Istaria was not installed.

Anyone know how to get the game to let him log in?
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

Default Re: Istaria Not Installed...?

I had this problem too...

The problem started for me when I was using the stand alone launcher, then I moved to the website, then back and forth, my father had to re-install the game on both his PC's, you can get horizons off e-bay for about .25-3.00$ shipping and handling

Its been working consistantly for me now to use the play.istaria.com website... So hopefully this problem will go away for him without having to go to the extremes of re-installing
    Last edited by Zachyattacky; May 7th, 2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: didn't read post lol

I'd try moving your Istaria folder elsewhere, reinstalling from the original disks/downloaded exe and either:
    - patch again and use just the launcher... or ...
    - copy the contents of the old Istaria folder over that of the new, effectively patching it without having to download.

For reference I've mix and matched logging in with either the website or the launcher for months without issue. When you say 'hangs up', is it the kind of hang up that could mean a firewall is blocking the patcher from doing its work all of a sudden?

Rakku

I had some problems at first and submitted a help ticket, so I'll post a little information:

If you recently downloaded the game and launcher off the website, as I assume you did, the files will only work with the launcher; this is what the support group responded to me, and explains why the website thinks that istaria is not installed. You'll have to use the launcher.

As for the launcher, I'd start with re-installing (I needed to but I think part of that was due to me moving the files around as others have suggested, which only caused me more problems with the launcher for some reason). After I deleted all the old files and reinstalled first the game client, then the launcher upgrade (both of these are available on the site of course) I tried running it again. The launcher was giving me an "Unahndled Exception" error. The response to this problem from the support group was:

You do not have .NET version 1.1 installed. You can find a version of .NET 1.1 for Vista here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This worked for me. If you're having the same problem I was having and want to try the same, here's a recap:
    1) Delete/Uninstall the files you already downloaded
    2) Download the game client
    3) Download the launcher upgrade
    4) Follow the link above to get .NET version 1.1 installed if you don't already have it
    5) Log in through the launcher, but keep in mind that if you're running Vista you can only play on the Blight realm.

Hope this helps, enjoy the game and welcome to Istaria =)

Thanks for the replies. He's managed to since get it so the launcher will allow him to log in, so we're still not sure what caused it to spazz out that particular time. Thus it'll probably do it again eventually, so I'll keep all the advice in mind.
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

Thread Information