Thread: Idea for the new Vista Client soon to be released.

Default Idea for the new Vista Client soon to be released.

Greetings

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before. I was thinking ( yes that is what the noise was) wouldn't it be nice to make the white teeth & claws mod for dragons integrated in to Vista friendly client? It couldn't hurt to make sure new players have this nice little cosmetic fix for this glitch.

Maybe include the high rez dragon view mod with the Vista client as an optional choice so that new players become aware of it sooner and can use it if they wish? Just some ideas

Default Re: Idea for the new Vista Client soon to be released.

I realize I'm quite new around here but I thought I'd add my 2 copper in anyway. I would personally prefer the vista patch come through as soon as possible rather than possibly delaying to add cosmetic changes and such. I don't think I'm one of few that are looking very forward to being able to play on the live realms with some friends that do not run Vista and have a small population with which to converse (not to mention consignment shops that are not completely pointless). I don't mean to rain on your request, I just don't think it's worth prolonging the vista patch considering how long it's been in the works now, at least in my opinion.

I was thinking more along the lines of a slipstreaming type integration of the mod that's been available for ages in to the client install exe, so after install the mod is in the resource_override folder and new players will have white teeth and claws if they so choose to play a Dragon. Just an idea. I didn't mean to suggest they delay the client any further for you who can't get the vista fix working manually on live servers that's for sure.

The why stop there?

I happen to use the coloured hoard mod, looks a long nicer then the brownish hoard in equipment screen.

But first Vista fix and maybe then allow for mods to be integrated fully in the game.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    The why stop there?

I happen to use the coloured hoard mod, looks a long nicer then the brownish hoard in equipment screen.

But first Vista fix and maybe then allow for mods to be integrated fully in the game.
    There's a coloured hoard mod? o0 That sounds good, I must try hunt that down. Besides the old Ancient dragon mod I wonder what else I've over looked?

My dragon looks really dumb with that mod on.

I'd prefer those who want it go get the mod...I don't have it for a reason and would hate to have it forced on me.

I have otehr negative opinions of that mod , but there is no point in mentioning them.

Just making it known I am against this and I can't assume I'm the only one.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Hrrm... I dont personally like the claw/horn/teeth mod. Looks really bad on my black dragon. Now teeth white and the rest black I would be fine with... But I dont want white claws/horns on my black dragon >.>

---
    Soraii the goofy looking with white horns/claws

What about ivory? Or slightly yellowed?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

The "white teeth and claws" mod makes my dragon's teeth and claws lavender. I'm not sure I'd consider that an improvement.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

It sounds like the best course of action is to make sure new players are more easily aware of the mods to try out rather than include them off the bat. Those that posted have valid points against it being included in the resource_override folder by default.

perhaps then it would be appropriate to release a simple utility for installing/removing user mods, and include it along with the currently-available appearance mods? (original ancients, teeth/claws, etc)

i know they said they are already doing this for UI schemes, why not add in the popular client-side graphics mods as well?

I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but if it is (relatively easy) to work it in, having a checkbox in the game options "[] Show White Horns and Teeth on Dragons " seems like a good compromise, similar to how you can turn hatchling gliding on or off depending on personal preference.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I like Nambroth's solution. Options are good. Automatically enabling a mod that makes some dragons look very ridiculous, not good.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    I like Nambroth's solution. Options are good. Automatically enabling a mod that makes some dragons look very ridiculous, not good.
    I agree, Nambroths's solution does seem like a good a approach.

Well.. make it so Vista can be used would be a good thing.. I have 6 systems running vista64 now since Xp won't handle the hardware/software I use.

Miss flying around during lunchtime and pouncing on bipeds...
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Thread Information