Thread: Load times

Default Load times

I know there are some posts already regarding load times and even some things people have suggested to quicken them a bit, but I wanted to ask whether the issue I'm having tends to be the normal one and what might help it specifically. It seems that the FIRST time I load a town (each time I log in, I believe) it loads extremely slow -- on the order of 5 minutes per town average. After it's loaded once, going back to that town (assuming I haven't logged out) only takes 20 seconds or so. Does this seem normal or is there a way to have the game "remember" the town so that the first time each log in doesn't need to go so slow? Thanks for the advice as always

Default Re: Load times

Are you clearing the world cache each time you start up the game? I think the more of the world you have cached, the faster it should load.

I'm not intending to, so unless there's a setting by default in the patcher to do so (which is possible and I haven't checked to see), I shouldn't be. Though it does seem like that's what's happening.

After checking the launcher, there is a box to clear the world cache each time but I do NOT have it checked, so this must not be the issue. It's too bad as that sounded like it exactly...

In game, I think there is, in the option section also a "clear cache" option, you should check that one as well

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Another good idea, but it was unchecked as well

Thread Information