Thread: come on guys, who's brilliant idea was this?

bigswifty

Default come on guys, who's brilliant idea was this?

who decided to take down the 7 day trial account creation server at 9 pm ET ona Fridaywhen you invited everyone back to try the "improved" horizons.

(meaning I can't create the account in order to try the "new and improved" horizons)

Hate to tell you, but it's not much of an improvment over the past AE flubs.

My hope is seriously waning here Mr. Bowman

Talena

Default Re: come on guys, who's brilliant idea was this?

The Trial account server?

Blight is the test server, chaos and order our the live servers..

Also there is a bug, even when worlds show offline in the upper right hand side. It doesn't mean they are..

Try to create a toon on blight, chaos or order.

bigswifty

not a shard... the account server where you create your 7 day account and enter the cd key..
    thats whats fubar..still now 11:30 pm... not looking good bowman, no wonder Hal didn't open the pod bay doors for you

DeeJay

After it took me over an hour and a half to try to log in one day I was trying to cancel my account. Lucky for AE their cancelation server thing was down so I was unable to do that (trapped?).

Anyway my account still says "7 day trial to full" ... now is this bad english? It confuses me every time I see it. So if I'm lucky I'm still playing for free (it's been about 3 weeks)

Revel

1. My 7 day 'Trial' membership dinged my credit card12.95 the minute I set it up.

2. This 'bug' about the servers appearing to be offline is hysterical.

3. I beta tested Horizons, and it clearly has NOT improved.

Very sad indeed.

bigswifty

when I tried to activate the 7 day trial last night I got a message that the 7 day account server was down for maintainance AND if you try to activate a trial account your card will be billed at once.

Now I'm generaly a pretty smart guy (spelling not withstanding) so I understood the message displayed, I don't understand why they would do this on a weekend evening AFTER sending invites out, for one, just looks like more of the same poor planning that AE has become famous for, and secondly those with lowertollerence forreading on-screen instructionsmight view this as bait and switch, or simply complain that they were billed for their free trial.
    this is not directed at the previous poster, perhaps you missed the note or whatever, it is not very clear as it is,

While it clearly states that you will be billed it also follows that statement with the note that this method is only for trial players who have recieved their cd key and download, it is quite confusing, but my rule of thumb id never give up card info for a trial, there is NO REASON for that info for a FREE trial.

I'm gonna try again tonite, but if I get the same message about maintainance or am prompted for card info, I'm outta here, there are plenty of games I can play right now that I enjoy, and I find that jumping through hoops to play a game I've walked away from twice.. well... a waste of time.

ps. Bowman's message stated that characters from previous accounts were still active, well I cant seem to be able to log in with my old account info, this might be a trial limitation or not, we'll see -when/if I can get in tonite after work- if my old characters still exist.

Thread Information