Thread: Dwarf Fortress (more time wastage ahead!)

Hybrid View

Default Re: Dwarf Fortress (more time wastage ahead!)

Bit, by bit I am getting there.
    My last fortress had a moad, a bridge and an open and closable floodgate.
    Only why for dwarfs sake dont I ever get any new imigrants!!! got 2 messages that game that I wouldnt be recieving any... I want to know why.
    Did recieve a dwarven trading caravan had to finish my bridge across the moad very fast... lol
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Its not unusual for the message that no migrants have arived on your first summer, and its not too uncommon to see that message again during the first fall/winter, depending on how well your fort is during the first caravan. Normally they'll arive the next spring.

Good wiki article on when/where/why immigrants don't/do arrive.

In short - build your wealth!

I guess I didnt want to wait for the imigrants to arrive.
    Now these last few games I always start with 7 and suddenly I got 26.
    Good thing I give 6 out of my 7 dwarfs mining jobs so that I at least had room to dump them all.

The only problem I am having is not that I don’t understand the game, but that I do things way too improvised and that doesn’t work when you have 50 dwarves running all over the place. I place a chamber when I need it and were I want it, without any form of logic or good thinking

Need to learn myself to centralize bedrooms, craftrooms with storage, tombes (had 2 corpses rotting in my fortress without any tombes to put them and really no idea where I was supposed to build tombes in my messy maze fortress). Already use a centralized methode for bedrooms, which might be used in a simular fashion for constructing tombes, but not for anything else… Yet.
    Working on my craftrooms with storage now. Not sure how I am going to accomplish this, but it is going to be fun finding out.

Good thing I havent had any goblin attacks with my constant lacking militairy skill (my last fortress at least had a kennel for wardogs)
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I had exams over the past few days so I've been really busy up until now. I still have one more next week, but starting soon I should have enough free time to get back into everything. In any case, seems people are getting the hang of things pretty well!

If you want to see a bunch of video tutorials, then check out www.youtube.com/profile?user=captnduck

Got my first well working, my first drawbridge, and saw off my first two goblin marauder attacks! Working on a "gymnasium" for my dwarves now

Thread Information