Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Constant Nerfing

Default Re: Constant Nerfing

XAN I LOVE YOU!!! LOL ROFL!! i want one!! where can i sign up (beautiful drawing btw)

Hehe thank you everyone for your kind words. ^^

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

I would love to see more of such things, Xanthia

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

would certain give new meaning to the phrase 'cat scratch fever'.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    one final matter

I managed to hurt the bioscholar with slash just fine....dwarven toughness makes all melee damage = to 0.

Dispell it or mezz it till it wears off.
    a word on that....i used my BOL MANY times, i STILL it for 0 damage.

my secondary attacks are just little slingshots, doing little damage. i could not defeat a Twisted Automaton bymyself without biped aid, he healed faster than i could damage him. my basic swipe did no damage, and even with me doing my prime bolt over and over, i still could not defeat him. i am a Lunus melee fighter, and a Spellcaster a distant second. i was totally crippled by this crap. i am HIGHLY against giving ANYTHING 100% immunity. i was nearly completely crippled by this change. i can't fight Technoscholar things at all...not even my tailswipe damages it. i only have my spells, breath weapon, and tailswipe against the twisted automatons. to say this got me mad is an understatement...i was very angry. (the P word.) i could handle most mobs by myself pretty handily, but i can';t even kill an automaton by myself without Biped buffs. this angers me greatly, and think this is total crap. bipeds have ONE CHARACTER they can't defeat, we get 2 or 3 mobs at LEAST. what kind of balance is that? GET RID OF THE STUPID RESISTANCES.

You can get rid of their resistances if you pay attention. In fact, Ancient dragons should already know how to defeat the big red bioscholar to the point where you can almost solo him.

I just wanna say I love to new area and the resistances that are in it. Vi did an amazing job on it. Its challenging, encourages grouping, looks great, lots to do both craftwise and adventuring. I for one couldn't be happier that the new content has had me have to adapt and think while adventuring, who the hell waited 4 years to get another field of the same stuff to run mindlessly through doing the exact samething as always. This is high end content its not supposed to be easy, if these resistances are anything more than a minor inconveince to you your too stuck in your ways.

I feel the same. I am glad as a Caster dragon that we have stuff we are strong against and Melee Dragons are week against.

I wouldnt mind 100% slash resistance on mobs if they also didnt completely resist all my other non-slash attacks too. Seriously I cant hit with my breath weapons, prime bolt, or even do some piddly damage with my spells. Pretty much all I can do it keep using my heal spells and watch the combat spam untill something doesnt do 0 damage, then I try to cram in GR, SS, and Ravage, and hope that that kills it before it can resist me again.

In all honesty, now that I think about it, 100% resist to anything really should only be reserved for boss/epic mobs. Your average or slighty above average Joe Mob shouldnt be able to resist EVERYTHING you throw at it, maybe it could absorb or partially resist most of the damage (I.e. instead of 100 pts of damage you're only doing 25-50 pts of damage).

To xanthia: Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I wouldnt mind 100% slash resistance on mobs if they also didnt completely resist all my other non-slash attacks too. Seriously I cant hit with my breath weapons, prime bolt, or even do some piddly damage with my spells. Pretty much all I can do it keep using my heal spells and watch the combat spam untill something doesnt do 0 damage, then I try to cram in GR, SS, and Ravage, and hope that that kills it before it can resist me again.

In all honesty, now that I think about it, 100% resist to anything really should only be reserved for boss/epic mobs. Your average or slighty above average Joe Mob shouldnt be able to resist EVERYTHING you throw at it, maybe it could absorb or partially resist most of the damage (I.e. instead of 100 pts of damage you're only doing 25-50 pts of damage).
    There are no mobs in the entire game that are 100% resistant to every damage type. Even Queen Shaloth is vulnerable to something.

What your problem means is that you haven't yet found the proper way to attack whatever monster it is you are fighting.

So which ones are you attacking?

Have you tried spells? Damage conversion?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The last mob I fought that was 100% resist everything were fire beetles in Char,I havent had a reason to fight any other imune mobs before or since.

I used all my attacks:
    All my Melee abilites (slash damage)
    Breath weapon (both lightening and fire)
    Prime bolt (Primal)
    Spells (Primal)
    Spiked scales (what ever damage they do)

Until their harden shell wore off, all my attacks did 0 damage and I mean all of them. After the first couple of tries I basicaly sat there and spammed my heals untill I saw a normal melee attack hit then hit with Gold Rage, Silver Strike, and Ravage, and hoped that that killed it. If not it was back to healing untill I see one of my attacks actualy hit it again, assuming I live long enough.

If I got an add it was basicly run away, as I didnt stand a chance, any other mob of that level (about 5 levels or more below mine) I could take on 2 maybe even three and come out alive. I'd love to have their ability to be that imune for that long.

I had no damage conversion claws at the time as I hadnt found anyone who either had one for sell (at my level) or could make one. Tho given the way those bugs resisted me, I have my doubts about wether it'd have helped.

well if i remeber correctly that "Harden Shells" ability is like Dwarven Toughness, if it is you should wait till it expires before attacking otherwise you just waste the attack.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Thread Information