Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spawn

Exavier

Default Spawn

Erhm.. okay, it is 6 am and there is not a freaking mithril golem around except that mean lvl 103 named one (okay there are two of those, even with the same name -lol-). I found about 3 marble golems
    and don't tell me I don't know their locations -lol-

anyway what is happening with the spawn? Non existant?
    We are not a lot on the server so it's not that they get killed

Exavier

Default Re: Spawn

oh, its appearently not only golems. Paid storm ogres and wind golems a little visit. I managed to find one wind golem and one storm ogre where there usually is LOADS -pokes GN- we want mobs!!!!!!!

Same for Redbacked Spiders.
    Logged in today at 6 a.m. and found 2 spiders in Augh cotton field. Normally there are plenty! And I was alone there, so nobody else killing.
    Something seems borked with the spawn, aye. [:S]
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

On NA the no spawn of mobs ran rampant for quite a while.

While we are "leaping in the future" (i.e. we are getting several patches at a time to close the huge gap we had by lagging behind with patches), we are still a not at the latest patch level so the problem for us is up like it was on NA some time ago.
    They just now are gettingtwo reworks:

- spawn rate - they (read other threads in general) are tweaking the spawns to improve them but it's still a work in progress.

- monster "late" appearance - Tango is reworking some client code so they load and unload (yes, you don't see it but they load too late and unload too late so you get both the problems you already know about them spawning late and problems like delayed end of fight acknowledgement - you can run again later than due - delayed loot, delayed losing of aggro - including losing it and reacquiring it too fast if you move back a bit).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

This has been a major issue for me for such a long time now it seems,
    and knowing Gn's history of making a complete mess of every patchday,
    i cant be ***d to wait any longer...
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Kamara

Quote Originally Posted by Isair
    This has been a major issue for me for such a long time now it seems,
    Iv found a place with hundreds of mobs to kill, but the problem is its in AC2, I waited so long for them to fix my account so that I could make a new character that I started playing AC2 trial, Hundreds of mobs and lots of loot, and no lag.

I did eventually start my new druid in Hoz but only got to lvl 5, ran out of mobs to lvl on :) so I went back to AC2 where the mobs never run out.

But now a long time player has desided enough is enough, I have pre ordered EQ2, as I am just fedup with the lack of mobs and now the rampent kill stealing there is on the very few there is left in game.

...probably still asleep...

Quote Originally Posted by Susan
    Same for Redbacked Spiders.
    Logged in today at 6 a.m. and found 2 spiders in Augh cotton field. Normally there are plenty! And I was alone there, so nobody else killing.
    Something seems borked with the spawn, aye. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]

...what, do you work for their marketing department or something..?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamara
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Isair wrote: This has been a major issue for me for such a long time now it seems,

Iv found a place with hundreds of mobs to kill, but the problem is its in AC2, I waited so long for them to fix my account so that I could make a new character that I started playing AC2 trial, Hundreds of mobs and lots of loot, and no lag.

I did eventually start my new druid in Hoz but only got to lvl 5, ran out of mobs to lvl on [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] so I went back to AC2 where the mobs never run out.

But now a long time player has desided enough is enough, I have pre ordered EQ2, as I am just fedup with the lack of mobs and now the rampent kill stealing there is on the very few there is left in game.

Aye, same here..
    I finally had enough of waiting for things to get fixed..
    At my lvl , with my rating , playing as cleric , i *need* a group and mobs in the range
    90-100 in large quantities...

That has not been possible for weeks, but i had great hope with the new patch..
    i thought finally i can go on guildhunts and have some fun in Isaria again, but
    no dice..

Its ironic really, cuz i was one of the Evangelist, ready to defend horizons, ready to speak up on how it was such a great game, inspite of the many problems..
    but i wont bother anymore,.. its clear to me now that long standing issues wont be resolved, and im better off finding a new place where i can atleast have fun , and
    GET-WHAT-I-PAY-FOR!...

*sigh*..

Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

I really don´t caremuch longer about the intensions behind those spawn-changes (save money and bandwidth and continue HZ) because there is no fun in staying in HZ now that they killed adv. completely (craft is killed too atm as everyone wants tripple t5-teched items and i don´t have many of them)

Spawns are
    A) broken or down to 1/2, 1/4, 1/6 of their old numbers
    or
    B) have problems updating client-infos(healthbar) ...

so i can choose between

A) no fun while finding not enough mobs (maybe the spawnroutine wants more players in the same region to get more mobs spawning .. but if i am alone or with a friend at a spot i would like to kill something too)
    or
    B) no fun fighting things and suddenly getting killed and both me and the healer had no chance to react beside perma-healing even if my healthbar is at 100% and hoping it will be enough.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

We now have 2 threads in this matter and you find the other one here.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

I really don´t care about 2 threads for the same problem .. there can´t be enough posts about this gamestopping issue.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Went to the following places:

Storm, Tempest Ogres...
    Spawn was semi ok, close to bad.

Travertine Golems
    Disaster, very very bad spawn, almost non-existent.

Mithril Golems
    Disaster.

Fire Beetles
    Have not checked them after the patch, but before the patch they where a disasted as was the wolfes in that island.

Eastern Deadlands
    Spawn was very good and tons of fun mobs to kill.
    Only one complaint in that area.
    I was forced to turn off combatspelleffects inorder to play there.
    Even with those effects turned off, the HP bar of my fellow teammates did not display their HP correctly leading to some deaths which ofcource pisses me off as i was prime healer.
    To play in that area with combatspelleffects on, is not working with me good, even with "off" mode its very bad. I dont mind lag that much, but the HP bar should be ACCURATE if i am supposed to be able to heal ppl there.

My system
    Pentium 4, 2.8 GHZ
    1 GB RAM
    9600 XT(128 MB) ... full mode, standard graphics, nothing maxed out or anything.
    10 MBit ISP broadband connection

Fix, the spawn issue.
    Fix, the lag on Eastern Deadlands and other areas so we can have a chance to play with less problems.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Yeah got to agree about the Healthbar Lag issues in the Eastern Deadlands.
    Impossible to play...absolutely no idea what is happening to other group members or yourself.
    There were only 2 of us! not exactly overload.

I don;t mind a challenge but fighting completely blind is not exactly desirable.
    Thankfully saw the new mobs(very nice), killed them, but impossible to adventure and fight there...

Ended up giving up for the evening, been looking forward to the new mobs for months.
    Really annoyed with that.
    Was hoping to get a big group together, but was pointless considering 2 people can;t even fight together...

and if anyone says there is already a thread on this, I will open another one on the same topic, just to be annoying like the Health bar lag...:p

Grats to Lotte, btw for the x 5 100 Adventure lvls.

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

LOL Shaw, it seems to be a problem happening in every WA blight area it happened to me in the Northern Deadlands too. Havent seen anything like that since i fought Scaberia in the Swamp back at the Dryad event before the new combat engine was put in. This is almost the same type of lag, just not quite as bad, but still deadly
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Quote Originally Posted by Shaw Moking
    Yeah got to agree about the Healthbar Lag issues in the Eastern Deadlands.
    Impossible to play...absolutely no idea what is happening to other group members or yourself.
    There were only 2 of us! not exactly overload.

I don;t mind a challenge but fighting completely blind is not exactly desirable.
    Thankfully saw the new mobs(very nice), killed them, but impossible to adventure and fight there...

Ended up giving up for the evening, been looking forward to the new mobs for months.
    Really annoyed with that.
    Was hoping to get a big group together, but was pointless considering 2 people can;t even fight together...

and if anyone says there is already a thread on this, I will open another one on the same topic, just to be annoying like the Health bar lag...[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Did about 3 hunts on ED yesterday.

First one was with a larger group but the HP bar lag appeared after a while and it quickly became unplayable. I had combatspelleffects turned off.

Second hunt was with a smaller group and the HP bar problem was not happening in a game breaking way. So this was ok i guess, still combatspelleffects off ofcource.

Third hunt wasme and fhrain and it went good with no apparent HP bar problems, combatspelleffects turned off as usual.

Will try next time to play with combatspelleffects on.

Anikitos

P.S
    I want to play with combatspelleffects turned on by the way.
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Tabea

FPS weren`t really a problem on my machine, but ok ... that differs from pc to pc
    BUT!!! We where extremely pissed off that after pulling 1 single monster there popped up about 10 of them everywhere and sending our group home ...

and that not only happened once

erm edit:
    that happened in the ED [:)]

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

The problem with spawning mobs actually make the fights much more intensive, but bring a healer[;)]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

I must admit I've only had to turn combatspelleffects off once, and that was as a precaution for a Kaa fight...

As for the mobs... I've had problems with their load times, which is apparently fixed on Blight now. But thus far no problems with spawn rate. As for health-bar lag; it seemed no different with a group of 2 than it did with a group of 10. Consistant lag.

There are changes on the way peeps! I know it's been a tough road... I'm still not going anywhere else.

Spirit

Well only died once, the first time we got into a fight, and never knew there was lag until about 5 mins later...oh right.

never had a problem with things spawning, saw them alright...just had no idea what they were doing...
    Just made me lose the will to go fight in the other areas we wanted to see.

Checked out the Isle of Ice, and yeah its icey...
    I want to kill things!

Hullo Tabea, stay away from that Tree!!! :p

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Thread Information