Thread: Cached Server Response Detected

Default Cached Server Response Detected

Just a slight launcher issue here.
    I can bring up the launcher fine, but after clicking "login" with the right details I get error #1:

"Cached Server Response Detected
    Message recieved from server looks cached or local computer date/time is very incorrect. Disabling proxy server and fixing computer date time strongly recommended. Will continue with a best attempty to login."

Upon clicking OK (I don't get much choice, there's only an OK button) It thinks for a sec, then gives me error #2, the more common:

"Version Check Failed
    Launcher encountered an error trying to log in. Click yes to download the latest version of the Launcher in case an update is required, No to Continue.
    Error Code: Server was unable to process request --> specified cast is not valid"

- Now the launcher was working just fine a few days ago, and all of a sudden it's doing this. Computer time is spot on, and afaik I don't operate through any proxy. I still have internet as normal and no network connections have been fiddled with recently. I've also given that launcher update from the HZ download page a go, didn't achieve anything. Also, Horizons still works, if I launch from the website everything is just dandy. I don't have a problem with running it from the website, but I figure if they're going to phase out the website approach in favour of the launcher, I sure want the launcher to work!
    Any help'd be super appreciated
    Tchyrizel; Adult Dragon
    Follower of the Lunus path
    A Gifted member of the Chaos community
    Proud Istarian
    52 adv / 35 cra

Default Re: Cached Server Response Detected

Hello Tchy,

This thread might give you some more information.http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...037#post225037
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Hey cheers for the quick response. Had a look-see over at that *thread* and tried some things mentioned, but unfortunately whatever Shian did, didn't work for me D: So i'll keep messing and hopefully it'll sort itself out.
    Last edited by Tchyrizel; June 18th, 2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Thread... Thread, not post.
    Tchyrizel; Adult Dragon
    Proud Istarian
    52 adv / 35 cra

If you have not submitted a ticket yet that is your best bet. The help desk team on this is very good I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchyrizel View Post
    J Computer time is spot on, and afaik I don't operate through any proxy.
    The time displayed on your clock may be correct, however, your timezone might be off. Your clock may be off by days, months, or years too.

Some ISPs will proxy your web traffic using a technique called "transparent proxying". That isn't a big deal as long as the proxy obeys directives sent by the server to not cache certain content. Some don't and that is another cause for the error you're getting. (Note: transparent proxying is NOT the same thing as NAT or network address translation.)
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Ah right. Well if it's an ISP thing, does that mean I'm stuffed? This has never happened before and nothing internet-wise has changed on my end, I'm still with the same ISP and such. Would they suddenly decide to use that technique?
    I also checked the timezone after reading that other thread on this issue. It was way, way off, so I changed it, but with the right timezone and right time I'm still getting this issue.
    I'm clueless at this point. Just using the website to get into the game, although I don't want to have to rely on it.
    Tchyrizel; Adult Dragon
    Proud Istarian
    52 adv / 35 cra

Thread Information