Thread: Many problems with new client (yes, another thread)

Default Many problems with new client (yes, another thread)

Last night my computer froze after a random amount of gameplay. When it did it again, I tried playing with my background applications and cleared world cache.

Background applications were MSN and two web browsers. Tried playing systematically with both open, one open, both closed.

I still got the random freezing and had to hard reboot. After clearing my cache for the second time, I then opened Ventrillo and continued playing.

Half the time, the world wouldn't load or I'd get these client crashes. It's not freezing! so it's progress!

I also had trouble with grouping most of the night. Where I could join, but see no arrows or group window, but everyone was in group chat. The game would insist I was not in a group and that I couldn't leave because I had no group.

Random freezing continued after about I got a good 20 mins of this strange behaviored game play in. I do not have this issue with other MMOs.

Default Re: Many problems with new client (yes, another thread)

Did you have the Istaria client minimized or in the background?

Also, when the client crashes, a .maura file is generated. Can you dig that up and post the contents here or in a ticket?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Ooohhh cool! Thanks Steelclaw *runs off to find file*

crash_log:pen_maura(): Successfully started crash log at 06.28.2009 04:52:46.828.
    That's all it says -_- Started but not finished?
    Well what good are you...

Sometimes I'll tab from Istaria (run windowed) to the web browser, but never minimized.

I hadn't noticed a difference in whether I tabbed to the web browser or in earlier tests not running at all.

Same here I suffer horrific lag, reguardless of wether I have other windows open or not. As I said in another thread this is lag that I'd get after 2-3 hours and/or a dozen or so ports prior to the new client, now its within 30-45 mins and just a couple of ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Ooohhh cool! Thanks Steelclaw *runs off to find file*

That's all it says -_- Started but not finished?
    Well what good are you...

Sometimes I'll tab from Istaria (run windowed) to the web browser, but never minimized.

I hadn't noticed a difference in whether I tabbed to the web browser or in earlier tests not running at all.
    Well, poo. That's not a helpful result. :/

I do know that you will crash the client if it's loading terrain and the 3d window is minimized or backgrounded.

Shian and Tcei:
    What video card do you use?
    How much system ram do you have?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

3gigs ram
    Nvidia gforce 8600 gt
    Win XP

The lag that I mentioned used to happen has been that way across 3 computer systems, 5 vid cards, ranging from the 6 series all the way up to the one I have now, and between 1-3gigs of ram, (all have been xp tho) over the last 3 years. Its always been atributed to a persistant memory leak in the game, tho now the leak seems much worse as it happens much quicker now.

GEforce 6600GT
    1.0G system ram

I keep crashing out too, and it's only on my work computer! Help someone! This game helps keep me sain at work! It says it's lost the client or something and other.

I'm having issues with uh.. the client(s)?

I tried to log into Blight and the launcher checked all the files, then began updating, and got stuck in an eternal loop every time I tried to log onto the server.

Then I tried to go back onto my usual server of Order but it miraculously (despite apparent repeated failure to patch to blight) needed to now patch back to Order. Aaaaand every time I tried, it scanned, tried to update and... got stuck in an eternal loop. The loop basically consists of it saying it's downloading files and then just downloading these mysterious files forever. Now I'm stuck out of game.

I don't know why it's done that. I mean, I despise Blight because it somehow magically manages to mess my computer up or misbehave in some way (last time it would crash the moment I tried to make a dragon character. Annoying.) but this... ick. Can anyone help?

I've already tried clearing my world cache for Blight when I tried to get into it; didn't help, and I'm not willing to do it for Order (because basically it worsens my random/constant freezing issue. I have gotten so many death points because of that.)... I also don't want to have to do an entire reinstall because I don't want to end up with the launcher issue my sister has... >.<

~Galde

Galde, have you tried patching on the website with the non-.NET patcher (i.e. uncheck the .NET patcher box)? It won't start the game, but it should be able to patch, then you can try the launcher as normal.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress
    Galde, have you tried patching on the website with the non-.NET patcher (i.e. uncheck the .NET patcher box)? It won't start the game, but it should be able to patch, then you can try the launcher as normal.
    I had to use this method to correct a botched patch via the launcher. I had mistakenly selected a blight character, and when I realized I was patching to Blight, cancelled mid-download.

I started the launcher again, selected a Chaos character and it started patching back, the patching completed, but it never came up with a files to delete list nor did it download the number of files it should have. I was unable to get the game to start.

I too used the website w/out the .net checkbox and was able to get the files patched. Then I was able to use the launcher to start the game successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

The website won't let me start the game up and when I was using the launcher my .NET box was unchecked. :/

I've noted that it always gets stuck at a certain point though. It always stops after downloading the same 360 kb and attempting to download the 7th dungeon music track. >.O

~Galde

Thread Information