Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
Since the cheat itself is the use of the auto recall when going over the edge of the world, why isn't that changed/fixed instead? Think that would be the better way and truly get rid of the cheat itself. Have the auto recall send you somewhere, maybe a deserted island you cant leave but by recall with your disk inside your inventory.
Did the re-attuning yesterday, took a long while to find the right spot to use the gate. A friend could not find where the gate was, so I went to help and do it for myself. Thought we recalled inside the cave not outside. 1st was on path, "You are too far to use..." moved closer and fell in, (gap between gate and path is too wide, that needs a fix) flew back up and landed inside the gate... "You are too far..." What!!?? Flew up landed on top of gate ... "You are too far...." er...???? GRRRRrr..... Finally, found the spot UNDER the gate that let me use it. Now we cant use the rune to go back to start of the Riff without going through all those extra steps.
IMHO changing the auto recall destination would be a lot better and target those that used it to cheat and not punish everyone that uses the Rune of Teleportation for the Riff run only.
And after all of this controversy, that cheat is still there and will still be used, I'm sure.

Fully agree Image - and while I used what is now "labeled a cheat" I only did it as I saw others doing it and did not know or think it was "a cheat" until Laughing Otter identified it as such! Also don't forget how time consuming it will be for all concerned if/when a group member falls off the path and has to "rune back" and go through all the finding the right spot exercises (of course we never fall off anymore...)