Thread: About a certain lin ein the delta 169 notes...

Hybrid View

Default Re: About a certain lin ein the delta 169 notes...

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin View Post
    this seems ridiculously simple to me... cargo disks (that are capable of porting) were only meant to go through portals. since the rune isn't a portal, it's an exploit no matter where it takes you. they need to fix the rune.. whatever they're doing now if it isn't this is a band-aid.

i must be old.. i remember when exploits were discovered with fair frequency and everyone understood what was and wasn't intended and either chose to exploit and keep quiet about it or submit tickets to the devs about it 'til it got fixed.
    While the rune is not a gate - it does claim to be a rune of teleportation and acts as a gate - now that seems to have changed because it takes you "close to a gate" I'm just asking for clarification. Unfortunately it is neither ridiculous nor simple.
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

Quote Originally Posted by Concoidal View Post
    While the rune is not a gate - it does claim to be a rune of teleportation and acts as a gate - now that seems to have changed because it takes you "close to a gate" I'm just asking for clarification. Unfortunately it is neither ridiculous nor simple.
    The rune does not act like a gate. The gates are in fixed locations that you have to travel to in order to use, and have an option of destinations. The rune can be used anywhere, but only takes you to one place. Because of how the rift exiting works, it's like a multistep recall, and no disk enables recall.

Ok, I read all of this and I will make some comments:

1: the Rune of Teleportation brings you to a section of Istaria far above the dragon's flight ceiling. This prevents flying there, or being able to fly in the rift except for gliding. It is given to adult dragons ready to do their trials and is retained for ancient dragons to assist the adults in their battles.

2: Due to developer programming, the rift already exists "past" the ocean default recall boundry so once you leave the rift, you will be forced to recall due to the fact you are outside the recall boundry already.

3: Yes, at present you are allowed to use a Rune with a fully loaded disk of your choice. The mechanism for the rune is far different than recall / gate systems. It simply moves your body to another point in the world without checks and balances, it just "does it"

4: Yes, I have used this exploit, but like others, felt that there has to be a better way, so now I just put myself on auto fly, point east, go have a cup of coffee, and in about 3 minutes I have flown off the edge of the universe to end up at my recall point.

All of you are right and wrong about what "IS" the exploit.

The "exploit" is being able to use the rune with an attached disk, as there are other ways of falling off the universe besides the rift.

I am pretty sure that the developers don't have the "means" necessary to "change" the programming on how the "rune" works in the way of teleportation. There probably are no checks to see if a disk is attached and give you the message "Something is preventing you from Teleporting" message.

The Devs only did what they had the programming ability to do... have the rune bring you to a different place in Istaria, to where you can "like the hermit" get attuned to a gateway to the rift. Perhaps the programming engine won't allow checks and balances when using a pack item to teleport.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

its an exploit if you knowingly use it in a way that is not intended to be used......this goes for everything.

you are an exploiter if you continue to use the exploit after knowing it is officially an exploit.

exploiters and exploiting are illegal and frankly, not kewl beans (personally).

personally, i have little love or patience for macropeeps. those are the kind of peeps who think they deserve everything without working for it and don't care about other players, as long as they get what they want. at least with powerleveling, you eventually have to use whatever bennies you get from the pl in the 'real world' on your own........

exploiters and exploiting and macroing and all those other forms of cheating (cause that's what they are, let's be frank) are for losers who can't be bothered to play the game correctly.
    those peeps get no sympathy from me and i would rather see them leave in a huff, offended by real players' offense, then hang around.......

just my 2 copper pieces......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

This thread came up before folks realized it was an exploit rather than an earned priviledge of ancients. The original post was well-intended albeit unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    This thread came up before folks realized it was an exploit rather than an earned priviledge of ancients. The original post was well-intended albeit unfortunate.

Thank you.
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    That might be what some people WANT you to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Regarding all this I have thought of a way that would let the rune still teleport people to the rift and prevent people bringing cargo disks. Although I'll admit it's a bit silly and am I sure if it's even possible.

Have the rune only work when equipped. Have the equip slot that it fills be the cargo disk slot. If the rune is equipped a cargo disk can't be. If the cargo disk is equipped the rune can't be. End result- No porting to the rift with a full cargo disk.
    Last edited by T-Sar-Goth; July 24th, 2009 at 11:47 PM.

Thread Information