Thread: Booze n' Snooze ooc channel

Default Booze n' Snooze ooc channel

Well apparently it's becoming more and more frowned upon for people to have ooc conversations in Dragon chat.

I can see both sides of the argument but for people to have allowed it to escalate like it has was just over the top. Now people are leaving the shard thinking it not friendly to none hardcore rpers. Players that have been around for ages are feeling ousted if they're not participating in other's rp which quite frankly isn't their cup of tea. RP'ers are feeling their channels are becoming too ooc and they feel it's interrupting their stories.

There is SUCH a simple solution to this people. The bad blood it has created over the past two weeks is just ridiculous. I'm only glad I wasn't around to see this blow up. So I offer this simple little solution. An ooc channel for dragons and non dragons alike. What ...a...concept.

So I bring to you the Booze n' Snooze channel! For all your ooc needs! Come in here: Chitter n' Chatter to your hearts content about anything and everything. From pickled herrings to buttered toast! From Monty Python to the latest Dimmu Borgir album. It matters not!

Come on in and gibber jabber with moi and help me belittle Looshlooshbabaganoosh, we can make fun of Frithie too!
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Default Re: Booze n' Snooze ooc channel

My thoughts on this is that either extreme (pro or against ooc chat) way of thinking and handling it can and will be damaging.

I actually joined the Order shard mistakenly, I thought I had chosen the regular (non RP) server but you know I'm glad I did. I haven't RPed in a good while and being new to Istaria, I didn't want to try and learn two things at once until I got a bit more settled in and comfortable with how things worked but once again I'm glad I did.

Most everyone I have encountered in the lands have been very helpful, generous and nice. Let's not let this issue tear this community up.

Anyways I admittingly haven't used the various chats enough to really know the details on what is happening so I can not take either side. Try and be versatile with conversations, you can learn many things that way. :}

Good suggestion though A'Sasha, if anyone wants to have ooc conversation and there isn't already one out there for ooc needs then that definitely is a good thing to have.

You'll likely find Spin or Dancer lounging in the OOC channel fo Booze n' Snooze.

BOOOOOZEEEE N' SNOOOOOOOZEEEE

That's right...I just contributed nothing in my reply!
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Well I don't really agree wiht further splitting off channels..

But what you tell me Atlanna just has me peeved off - people leaving becuse of this nonsense BLEEPIN BLEEP is beyond ridiculous.. This shard has always been welcomeing before. You people making OTHERS feel unwelcome and "not good enough" need to climb back under your rocks.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

went to edit but..blah

RP'ers are feeling their channels are becoming too ooc and they feel it's interrupting their stories.
    Since its NOT THEIR channel - THEIR stories need to be taken to their own RP channels (which can still be public, we've been in plenty). Then they can control it to their wings fall off... Its as simple as that.

I wish I had the time to login and be there everynight...so I could set the record straight on a few things and try and keep people from making others leave.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    went to edit but..blah

Since its NOT THEIR channel - THEIR stories need to be taken to their own RP channels (which can still be public, we've been in plenty). Then they can control it to their wings fall off... Its as simple as that.

I wish I had the time to login and be there everynight...so I could set the record straight on a few things and try and keep people from making others leave.
    You've seen the two discussions in Rants, at this point I just shrug and give up. It's a lot easier to be successful by leaving the problematic channel and dealing with finding a new way to connect with the community than changing a few peoples' minds.
    ~Lucient Dawn
    DRAG 100/ DCRA 100/ DLSH 55
    Hoard: 7,000,000
    Obsidian Order Guild

Thread Information