Thread: Iphone Os 3.0

Default Iphone Os 3.0

A very quick point to add regarding the latest version of iphone os for iphone and ipod touch.

The chances of it installing first time, as an update, are extra-ordinarily low. You will likely end up doing a factory reset, like I am right now for my ipod touch. So you loose all your settings and any progress in any games you have installed, as well as all music/videos you've uploaded ad-hoc.

Unless you really must have the latest software update, I really *would not bother*.

And for the record, Itunes is an absolute piece of garbage for restoring. It keeps grabbing the window focus while I'm typing this.

Rakku

Default Re: Iphone Os 3.0

I havent had any problems with it really. I managed to upgrade it the same day it got released and no settings where touched. I got an Iphone 3G.

Even redsn0w worked fine. Though if you connect your device in a factory reset mode it gets totally whiped, else it will just be upgraded.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    I havent had any problems with it really. I managed to upgrade it the same day it got released and no settings where touched. I got an Iphone 3G.

Even redsn0w worked fine. Though if you connect your device in a factory reset mode it gets totally whiped, else it will just be upgraded.
    Yeah I seem to have found a mix of either it working correctly first time, or a yellow-bricked road of pain leading to a factory reset.

I managed to get 3.0 on mine eventually, through repeated downloads of the 3.0 software ... so perhaps there was an error. Even on a seperate machine that had never had iTunes, I installed and had problems initially. Through sheer number of attempts to try and rescue my brick it eventually worked. I don't think I want to upgrade again!

I've put key music back on it, and all my apps were backed up, but the videos I'd converted for it I'll have to convert again. Urgh.

What I find weird is... I had a restore version of Os 2.2 and that installed without any issue first time, so I do think 3.0 is irrational and soon to be replaced.

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post

And for the record, Itunes is an absolute piece of garbage for restoring. It keeps grabbing the window focus while I'm typing this.

Rakku
    I hear you I had the same issue some months ago, it was horrible, a update of itunes totatlly furbared the programm and the music was all the time cutting itself off while playing. I eventually managed to save my libary but not my play lists. Took me 3 days of swearing and kicking random things until I got all sorted out. Until then I avoid itunes updates like blight.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information