Thread: Dralnok Construction

Default Dralnok Construction

I have to say, I'm annoyed by the fact that bipeds are twiddling their thumbs while the dragons were lucky enough to get not one, but TWO epic construction projects.

What's the reason for this? Surely the dungeon's construction could at least have been a joint project??

Default Re: Dralnok Construction

Would you really like me to count how many projects came before and many many dragons helped on? Why are you twiddling your thumbs? We were not back in the day. Who do you think made you bars for sheeting? Bricks for key stones? Transported it through the many ports? Sorry if I come off harsh, but I am a little annoyed that when the shoe is on the other foot we get maybe 2 or 3 bipeds. When back in the day there would easly be 10 to 20 dragons out helping. But I guess with the lower pop we have less world crafters all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    I have to say, I'm annoyed by the fact that bipeds are twiddling their thumbs while the dragons were lucky enough to get not one, but TWO epic construction projects.

What's the reason for this? Surely the dungeon's construction could at least have been a joint project??
    On Order we have a lot of bipeds helping. They make the raw ressources and we make the final units. It works great, we've opened one chamber already and the second one should pop soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Would you really like me to count how many projects came before and many many dragons helped on? Why are you twiddling your thumbs? We were not back in the day. Who do you think made you bars for sheeting? Bricks for key stones? Transported it through the many ports? Sorry if I come off harsh, but I am a little annoyed that when the shoe is on the other foot we get maybe 2 or 3 bipeds. When back in the day there would easly be 10 to 20 dragons out helping. But I guess with the lower pop we have less world crafters all the way around.
    Some points : Back then there was no lairshaping. If there was lairshaping and the devs launched 2 projects at once, I would expect the dragons to have their fair share.

I don't have a problem with being helpful. I wouldn't mind actually helping (except the dragons are all busy on the demon portal atm and don't seem to care for the deep's entrance atm). I'm glad that the dragons are also having a turn.

But was it really neccessary to exclude bipeds completely? As for the other projects, sadly I never got to be a part of them. I'm sure, seeing as you play a dragon, that you know what it feels like to be left out of contributing directly via construction skills.

I don't have a problem with being helpful. I wouldn't mind actually helping (except the dragons are all busy on the demon portal atm and don't seem to care for the deep's entrance atm).
    Geez, we have not even touched the Demon's lair, because we thought the DD entrance would be more helpful to the community :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Geez, we have not even touched the Demon's lair, because we thought the DD entrance would be more helpful to the community :/
    I checked again and it seems someone actually did the focused crimson azulyte crystals. So it's at 9% on chaos now.

I'm glad to see that the dragons on order are more community minded.

Was also told by some that the lairshaping for the deep was "nasty" and not fun to do, so I guess that might also be part of it.

Was also told by some that the lairshaping for the deep was "nasty" and not fun to do, so I guess that might also be part of it.
    Yes, lairshaping can be tedious. I didn't like lairshaping until I started working on that project.

Maybe chaos is lacking of organization ; we have a chat channel dedicated to World Project were we can coordonate the crafters. everyone is assigned a task. Some people were nice to open their plots/lairs for us to work. It's really nice to work with so many people.

I checked again and it seems someone actually did the focused crimson azulyte crystals. So it's at 9% on chaos now.

I'm glad to see that the dragons on order are more community minded.

As far as I know Chasing did all the work on the Demon Lair. Also currently on Chaos rarely anyone seems to bother. As far as I know my guild isnt going to do much until others start to help as well. Its a community project not a project of just a single group or guild.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    As far as I know Chasing did all the work on the Demon Lair. Also currently on Chaos rarely anyone seems to bother. As far as I know my guild isnt going to do much until others start to help as well. Its a community project not a project of just a single group or guild.
    I'm not a dragon. If I get people organised it would mainly be telling other people what to do.

CD is the biggest guild by far. You guys are in an excellent position to get the ball rolling. So far as I've seen, no one ever even mentioned the deep's construction in MP. Why is this?

I can understand that no one wants to go it alone. I wouldn't want to either. But by the same token, there's nothing from stopping ancient dragons with the required lairshaping skill to talk to other dragons and to get everyone organised....

Actually, I think since none of the dragons wanna get organised, this biped is going to start doing it for them. Who wants to bet the dragons take offense to this behaviour? j/k

Since this is in the rant thread....

There's many people who have showed up in the chat channel looking for work, but they are not high enough to help, leaving some feeling left out.

This does make sense. To get to epic content you have to be an epic crafter. TMK there are some other spots needing ower level work, but we don't have enough people to organize another team.

Idealy, we could have three teams and 6 leads, two each for the mine, Demom Lair and the walls/shops so even the ones that are only T3 can feel included. I wish we had more players

Plus it would be amusing to smash through this content it took month to put together :P

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i don't know, i would think that anyone can make the basic resources........
    and personally, i see nothing wrong with one player or guild being responsible for building something this important - all the other players will be beholden to you forever!
    vel took it upon herself to do community building on blight (and will continue to do so), not because it had to be done but because she wanted to.......every time i pass thru selen or sanctuary bay, or stop to look at the sslanis coast lighthouse, i feel a sense of pride - i did that!! - and it doesn't matter to me whether the peeps living there know i am responsible for the lovely archways or pleasant gazebo - because i know i did it.

i should think the sense of accomplishment at completing such an important project would be enough for me, but consider that you and/or your guild will be able to brag about how awesome you are until there is no more istaria to brag to....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I feel the Same way about the Chiconis Community lair. I did over 90% of it all by myself. I still stop by from time to time to just look at it and know as long as the servers are up my work will remain.

But was it really neccessary to exclude bipeds completely? As for the other projects, sadly I never got to be a part of them. I'm sure, seeing as you play a dragon, that you know what it feels like to be left out of contributing directly via construction skills.
    There's plenty of biped world construction needing done:

Destroyed Logging Camp just west of valley of tears.
    New fortifications out of aughundell.

And as mentioned above, you can make bars, bricks, orbs, gather slabs and essence for use in constructing the lair units. It's a case of simple role reversal as far as world projects go. Get in step with it.

Dev's, someone will always ***** no matter what you do. grain of salt.

I didn't know about the logging camp, but I was well aware of the fortifications.

Pardon me for being a stick in the mud, but I don't really see the point in building fortifications which the mobs then run right through when aggro'd.

Niether of these could be considered "epic" projects, which is what my original post was about. But regardless, I'll have a look logging camp, I'll give it a look when I have the time.

If you're on Chaos, there's plenty of work to be done, even if you're a biped. Except for processed azulyte, the rest can all be done by bipeds. The list of who's doing what (well sorta) and required resources is here:
    http://istaria-chaos.pastebin.com/

We're stashing stuff in the silos behind the vault in Bristugo until an expert or master lairshaper can take care of the final crafting. Note that the resources in those silos are for the chamber in the Delgarath mine, not anything else.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Preaching to the choir. I've already been helping Ranqthas collect marble bricks.

I'd love to help out, but something tells me there isn't a lot of call for sandstone bricks and bronze bars right now. (chuckle)

I'm just happy that there is another world project going on - it means that the tools are in place and there's a knowledge base at Virtrium to do more.

Here's to hoping that like the old chip commercial; we can crunch all we want, they'll make more.

Thread Information