Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussion for Blight Character Slot Change

Default Discussion for Blight Character Slot Change

Default Re: Discussion for Blight Character Slot Change

*shrugs* makes sense, I only have copies of my Chaos characters on Blight anyway for testing purposes and wiki updates. Can you delete via the launcher yet or is it still website-only?

Oh, and because I *know* this is going to happen... is it relatively easy for the support team to un-delete a character?

/me triple-checks correct character is being deleted... :P

EDIT: deletion done, that was quite nerve-wracking

it makes sense to me- but I`m not a "professional" blight tester.
    I can imagine, that those who are seriously testing , need more than 1 char on blight..

I would suggest, to spread this info via mail.
    Only a few of us read forum. I know Istarians well enough- most of them will be very upset if their char is deleted without info
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I know Istarians well enough- most of them will be very upset if their char is deleted without info
    I highly doubt anyone's characters are going to be deleted due to this. In fact, if I read correctly, characters over the limit aren't even getting locked out; you just can't make anymore if you're over the limit. This is just saying that Virtrium is running into load problems with the unlimited character count on Blight. All they're doing is making Blight characters count towards your account character limit; previously, Blight characters were unlimited.

I understand why this is being done, and I'll go through and delete my unused characters on Blight to do what I can to help with the performance issues.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    most of them will be very upset if their char is deleted without info
    Please note that no characters on Blight will be deleted or locked out. We're asking Blight players to reduce their character counts to reasonable levels and have no plans to delete Blight characters - that would make us plain evil.

Everyone with an active account should receive an email by Tuesday morning - we spread the emails out over a period of time so we don't slam mail servers and get flagged as a spammer.

Amarië

Thy for clarification, Raptress.
    I did not quite understand Amariè`s post

ah ok- thy Amarie too:-)
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 14th, 2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: saw Amarie`s answer
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hmmmn, what if you want to delete your characters on Blight?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I understand why this is being done, and I'll go through and delete my unused characters on Blight to do what I can to help with the performance issues.
    ^ This

I used https://play.istaria.com to delete my characters on Blight. On the left-hand menu, select "My Characters", then on the right select "Delete Characters".

And then, very very carefully, delete the characters you don't want

Does each subscription allow 7 characters?

I have two subs, so allowed 14 characters? Not that I need (or have) 14 characters...

Just want to be sure.

I am pretty sure it works that way. For ever sub you get 7 char, X consigner slots and a plot. Would suck for familys to have combo subs and only have 7 slots.

I have no problems with you making a change but come on to try and rename Blight a Preview Shard is a bit much. What kind of a preview is so loaded with bugs that many additions are continually rolled back. Also if we are not a testing shard why do you guys continually post has anyone done this yet and what was the results. When laircrafting came out and Mighty went from 0-100 without placing a single item on a lair and was informed no thats not the way we want it you are now 0 again, please try it again. That to me is testing not a preview.How often have Blight players asked you is there anything that we can help test? I guess that should be rephrased is there anything we can help you preview. Maybe we should just call Blight an exterminating shard (the removal of bugs before we go to live so live players do not fill up the forums with complaints). Mighty--(over 2000 Blight days)

Blight is a test server. It is the proving and tweaking ground between the land that the developers frolic around in and the worlds of order and chaos. Not sure where the preview thing came from that you are speaking of... because it always has been for testing...

... moving on, I support the notion so that we may be able to have a little less clutter, it will play a little faster.

Thanks Deth. I am well below my limit total, then.

Runos, Mights got it from the developer's desk post in which is stated "Blight is really a preview shard, rather than a traditional testing shard.".

The Preview Shard is taken from AA post on Blight Character Slot Change. I am in agreement with you to do what we can to speed up play. We went months or years with 2-5 players on Blight at any given time and its kinda nice to see 20-30 online now. Mighty

Personally I am not pleased by this announcement as I have just recently become a permanent resident of Blight.

I would not mind this change if the price for character expansion slots was not so outrageously expensive. $5 per month for 5 extra characters? Per month. Not a one-time fee. Pardon my saying but that is a rip off to me. I already pay $30 a month for 2 subs that grants me 14 characters. As a long-time player of this game who loves the feel of newbie characters and forms attachments to them and has great difficulty actually deleting them, I do not want to have to shell out another $20 or more a month to have the freedom to play the characters I want.

Speeding up the server and whatnot is fine and well with me, but this serious crack down on character limitation has always bugged me. I am an altoholic, and a limit of 7 characters per sub is nothing to me.

Idea sounds fine. People should be deleting the old copies. I have one copy of my ped, one copy of my dragon on the blight shard.

One note to those deleting the excess toons: Also delete the prefs files for the deleted toons. Otherwise a new copy that tries to use an old set of prefs gets stuck logging on sometimes. That was happening to me recently.

Also, what's up with the minute time frame? Why not give players who are over the limit a chance to decide who they want to get rid of or whether they want to pay for extra character slots? I don't find it particularly fair to dump an announcement on a playerbase stating that you have 3 or so days to sort out your accounts before we set our restrictions in place.

Yes the restrictions go into effect in three day, but it the only thing that it will change is that you can not create more toons or transfer toons to blight. So really it has no effect on you and you will have time to choose what to do.

Luthen, the restrictions which you are talking about have been in place for as long as Virtrium has owned the game, at least. They're just now including characters that have been copied from other servers to Blight, is all.

If you have 7 characters on Live but only one subscription, you've always been at your allotted character slots and unable to make more characters. The difference at this point is character copies and creation will fail if you try to make a new character on Blight.

Thread Information