Thread: Breath of Acid

Default Breath of Acid

do you actually have to PAY 100 SILVER for that ability?

what the hell is this?! I DEMAND JUSTICE. fighting those stupid beetles should be payment enough! they are level 120!

does anybody even have this ability yet?

EDIT: after fighting a brachnia beetle, i still think that paying 100 silver is a complete crock, and the Developers at Vi better remove this crap. HAVING TO PAY FOR AN ABILITY YOU HAVE TO FIGHT A STRONG ENEMY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE HAVING TO PAY.

EDIT 2: WE HAVE TO FIGHT TWO OF THEM. this ability BETTER BE WORTH ALL THE BULLCRAP.
    Last edited by Romirez; July 15th, 2009 at 03:27 AM.

Default Re: Breath of Acid

You have to do more than killing a few brachina beetles, it is considered as an "epic" quest, and thus very long and and difficult to complete.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

That's nothing. How about paying five Veteran Ghost Vapors for nothing particularly useful in The Ghostbuster. <.<
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

is it at least worth all the crap? o.O

I have the ability on blight.

It; much like all breaths is situationally useful. Without spoiling anything the damage is satisfactory to me at least.

I might add many t6 quests offer a lot of silver in reward, 100s isn't that bad.

Also, I epxect t6 quests to pose some challenge. Characters are level 100, some bipeds can act as though they are greater and a well played well equipped dragon can also. If no challenge is presented at hte highest tier, then where does on seek challenge and long term questing.

I for one think hard/long quests while may be mildly tedious at times, helps maintain longevity by not simply polishing off a quest in 15-30 min.

The silver was a drop in the bucket for most long term, high level players.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Oh, perfect a rant section just for this quest.

Okay, I went out to loot my fourth beetle gland, despite having fifteen perfectly good ones in my inventory, third tool claw and god knows what else.

I have to go hunt for WOOD and sap or some other garbage now. I'm not feeling all too keen on getting it knowing that drinking a flask of acid will kill me....

Does this thing ever end? ;_;

I believe in you, Shian

Do not give up- its really is worth it!!!

(but I saw even the most patient dragons driving mad at this quest- lol-
    how to get all this Thornwood logs if there are no trees?^^
    Look at the beach- there we found them- by accident^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I really can't see what everybody's complaining about. I guess it all depends on mood and patience.

I enjoyed the quest. It was neither too long nor too short to me. It was well put together and cohesive and the lore really kept me interested.

I agree Luthen- its very nicely done!

Hey something can be a great quest and still drive you crazy...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I agree with Frith. I kept thinking, this is it, this is it. . . and then I had to run back and forth -- again! It wouldn't be so bad if my ports didn't last forever with void demons pulling me entirely out of the realm every 3rd port or so.

But, I enjoyed the lore, enjoyed bristling at the arrogance of a certain fiend with whom I had sworn I would never speak again, and even a certain runty dragon of green hue who is too lazy to run his own errands OR to clean out his storage unit. And I was in adrenaline heaven battling the nasty bugs. But the best was to come when the time came to drink the vile concoction (I much preferred the heady brew of the Satyr in Feladan). My best of companions, who had learned the secret before I, was there by my side rendering aid and comfort as I endured the final agonies of this trial.

Was it worth it? Yes Romirez, it was. It gave me 2 full weeks of non-crafting companionship and something to think about while not awake in-game. It was very satisfying and other quests done along the way while waiting for the ruined corridors to be repaired more than compensated for the 100 silver spent. If you want to reimburse yourself, go see Farmer Blackhammer at Brannock's (I think that is the name) Ridge. He is hosting a certain Saris adventurer who wants a letter delivered to his Aunt Kendra in Kion. Takes about 5 minutes or so and she is soooo happy to hear from her nephew that she rewards you handsomely.

Sincerely,

I. Percival Dragon

I think you end up paying 120 or 140silver to the NPC's in the whole quest HOWEVER at the very end of it when you finish the last NPC gives you 150s and the potion, so it does get payed back.

Soraii/Alaysar/Taylus/Etc

My breath of acid is missing atm 100% (after patch)
    Anyone suffering from that too??

Thread Information